rFactor 1 on Low settings Lagging, but ETS2 Not Lagging on medium

Hi

over the last couple of days i have compared both rfactor 1 (2005) and ETS2 (2012) and found out that i am lagging hugely on rfactor with Low Settings, but nearly no lag on ETS2 which bearing in mind has rfactor 2 like graphics on medium, the thing is, AM I MAD BRO, WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!?!?! :confused::O_o::roflmao::cool:

Hi

over the last couple of days i have compared both rfactor 1 (2005) and ETS2 (2012) and found out that i am lagging hugely on rfactor with Low Settings, but nearly no lag on ETS2 which bearing in mind has rfactor 2 like graphics on medium, the thing is, AM I MAD BRO, WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!?!?! :confused::O_o::roflmao::cool:

LOL :p

Which GPU are you using?

If it's a stuttering lag it may be due to either the "render frames ahead" setting or "v-sync" vs "triple buffering" on or off related , make sure your not using a mod with custom shaders..I'd also make your graphic settings application based and turn on AA and v-sync from the rfactorconfig.exe....also make sure not to select above level 5AA using the rfactorconfig.exe as anything above level5 disables the anti aliasing effect...last tip is to find the coreshaders.mas file (if you install rfactor before upgrading to the latest version you should find the coreshaders.mas is smaller than the updated .mas file and has better fps with little reduction in graphical detail).Something like 101kb vs 107kb..its been some time since i had to play around with these settings so google for extra instructions about v-sync+triple buffering and the render frames ahead settings , I'm an nvidia owner:thumbsup:

Try creating a shortcut to the desktop, then right click - properties. Where the path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\rFactor.exe" just add "+fullpro"
It should look like "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\rFactor.exe +fullpro"
Without the "s of course.
Because it's a very old game, it wasn't really intended for multi core processors... but this should do the trick. Next tip is to only turn the graphics of the opponents down a bit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back