Resource icon

Misc rF2 Remove Tint ReShade preset 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Martin Fiala updated rF2 Remove Tint ReShade preset with a new update entry:

Yet another tweak

Since I've been tweaking the preset constantly and also made some comments about the blue tint of rF2 (and various other things) lately, why not release a current version of the ReShade preset I use. I've lost track as to what changes I've made and how it would compare to the previous version(s), but it's easy enough to go back to an older version or something else entirely, so why not.

Here's at least one comparison of vanilla game vs. this preset version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

One more tweak

Here's one more tweak to the previous version. It's again getting to the point where I have to stop because you change one thing to look better and then you load a different track and set a different time of day and suddenly everything looks off :D So it's a balancing act and not one that can be very tricky.

So for example, right now I think the sunset hours don't look all that great, but if I make some adjustments for that, then other things look off. So it's a compromise and I'm sorry...

Updated for current builds

So S397 made some noticeable changes to lighting in the latest builds, which mitigated the turquoise tint to a degree and made the preset look very weird. But I still can't say I like the colors, I think it's still kinda blueish and also weirdly "bland". So here's and update that should be working more or less OK with the current builds of the sim, though it has to be said that the general color tint now also depends on specific track, which made it even harder to find some kind of middle...

I'm sorry but I really don't understand how to install this.
I've placed the "reshade-shaders" folder in my Bin64 folder, and the "rf2_removetint" file in the same Bin64 folder, but it has no effect on the game what so ever, it still looks exactly the same.
In your instructions you also mention that you can choose whether you want the default config or a custom one, but where do you choose that? There's only 2 files in total in the zip, the "lut.png" and the "rf2_removetint" config file.

I had the same problem long time ago but I was able to make it work finally.
If I recall correctly you need to install reshade separately first (google). There are some dlls that need to be copied somewhere.
Read messages #14 - #18 in this thread.

It is not allowed to re-distribute ReShade itself. So you have to go and install it for rF2 first (in the Bin64 folder), the files cannot be included here. No other way to do this.

Last edited:
BTW, I'm not 100% happy with the way the preset currently looks (am I ever, though? ;) ), especially on newer content (like Spa). S397 keep changing and tweaking the way they render things, and it is also inconsistent between various combos now. So I'm not sure what to do about it - it looks fine with some combos, but not as good on others, and finding a good middle ground is hard. Plus I didn't even spend a lot of time on this recently (or on rF2 - or any other sim, for that matter). So I might eventually do something about it, but not exactly sure when or if.

@Jerec I'm not sure if the preset as it is here looks too good on current rF2, there has been many changes done to the game and thankfully only minor adjustments are generally needed now (most of the time - what I wrote about the inconsistencies still applies, but that's rF2 in a nutshell, really).

I'm still occasionally updating/tweaking my presets (not just) for rF2 and I'm getting ready a complete package to release, but no longer on RD.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.