Resource icon

Misc rF2 Remove Tint ReShade preset 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Martin Fiala submitted a new resource:

rF2 Remove Tint ReShade preset - Remove the turquiose tint from DX11 rF2

One thing I really dislike on the DX11 version of rFactor 2 visually is the strong turquoise tint the devs decided to give this version of the game for some reason. I've seen some previous attempts at removing it through ReShade or similar apps, but never liked the result, so, just like with Raceroom, I finally decided to make my own ReShade preset to make the colors in the game more natural (or at least what I consider more natural).

Here's some comparison images:...

Read more about this resource...

Martin Fiala updated rF2 Remove Tint ReShade preset with a new update entry:

Final tweaks (hopefully)

So after a few more hours spent trying various alternatives and tweaking the result, I think I've reached the final version. Pretty much everything is as I want it to be and it's as close to just removing the turquoise tint while not changing anything else as possible for me. Nothing more I can do I think. I would probably like the image to be a bit more warmer (just a touch), but if I try that, the turquoise starts creeping back in again in the sky, and it's also somewhat of a personal...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tried to minimize the change of color the best I could, but some yellowing is also expected (and greens obviously get affected a fair bit by that) - the turquoise filter makes the greens look darker and "more green" than they actually are, that's pretty much how the color mixing works. The filtered grass looks pretty natural to me, all things considered. Note that if you're looking at the screenshots to judge this, only the final version screenshots should be considered - in the first versions, the greens got more yellow than they should, one of the reasons why I spent more time tweaking the colors.

I guess it would be interesting to see the actual texture files in a graphics editor or something like that, to see what color they actually are. That turquoise filter completely ruins any kind of color accuracy.

Martin Fiala updated rF2 Remove Tint ReShade preset with a new update entry:

Version 2.0 - redone completely from scratch using a different method

I still wasn't completely happy with my ReShade preset and kept tweaking it, and finally I've decided to redo it completely from scratch and the way it was supposed to be done in the first place - using a LUT color correction. And it has a nice bonus - using LUT is actually faster than the previous corrections, so the performance hit using the new version of the preset is even smaller - on my setup, it's only between 1 and 2 % of GPU usage.

Therefore, here's what I decided to call version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@mister dog Did you install ReShade into the same folder like it says? It won't work without it.

The default key combination to open ReShade while the game is running is Shift-F2 I believe, but you should see a header show up at the top with that information as the game is starting if you have ReShade working correctly.

Indeed I installed Reshade in the root bin64 folder (reshade.ini) and selected rf2 when I ran the reshader.exe as well. Just wondering what to do with your removetint.ini file now install it next to that reshade.ini in the same bin64 folder? Also as it came with a custom and a default folder with a LUT file in there as well Not sure what to do now but I'm new to Rf2 so excuse my ignorance :p

I tried opening the reshader program ingame and select your .ini instead of the default but I don't think I managed to actually load it.

I guess I unintentionally removed the part of the description that explained the whole "custom" and "default" thing. Basically, there are two versions of the LUT table included - a default one, which is what you likely want, and a "custom" one that does a bit more than just remove the turquoise tint regarding colors.

So you unpack the .ini file (which is the same for both versions) to Bin64, then you pick either the custom or default version and unpack the corresponding lut.png to /Bin64/reshade-shaders/Textures (which should prompt a confirmation to overwrite the existing one). The ZIP file contains the necessary folder structure to make this easier, it's just that your starting point needs to be inside one of those two folders for this to work, not where the .ini is located in the ZIP file...

Then, in game, provided you've seen the startup notification from ReShade, you should open ReShade by pressing Shift-F2 and I believe you should see the preset available in the dropdown on the top of the menu, so you just select it there and press Shift-F2 again to close ReShade and get back to the game. Shift-F3 then toggles ReShade on and off.

I guess I should make it more simple for people who don't care about the "custom" version, which I guess is a majority. But like I said, I didn't even realize the description of this part is now missing...

Hi Martin just to come back to this before I stop asking silly questions :D, you copy the contents of the 'default' folder (so starting with 'reshade-shaders' and its subfolders) directly into Bin64? So it should look like this:

ax7WRYx.png

Hello! I really appreciate your work. It changes level of gameplay. But i have an issue.
You said to use Tonemap, ColorMatrix, LiftGammaGain and Vibrance, but zero attention was given to the main part (i sure) of your config - LUT.fx and moreover your .ini file contain only LUT.fx data and nothing more. So, you recommend to use listed above modules with standard settings. I'm right?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%