rF2 Noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobbe Bergman

@Simberia
1. Whenever I run off track the car feels light as a feather, shouldn't it be the opposite ?
2. In an AI race no matter what start position I choose I always end up in pole start position ?
3. In an AI qualify no matter what time I choose I get 30 minutes qualify ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !

The less grip the surface has, the lighter the wheel will feel. Have you every driven in snow, ice, sand on asphault, watch how much counter steering rally cars do.

1) the FFB is a factor of the forces at the tyre, multiplied by the caster and steering rack. No grip, no FFB, but there is an adjustment in player or controller JSON for it.
2) If you run a quali session I think it will stick.
3) You can change that or select # of laps.

I think!!!

The less grip the surface has, the lighter the wheel will feel. Have you every driven in snow, ice, sand on asphault, watch how much counter steering rally cars do.

Yes - I imagine that ice would feel like it does in rF2 when you go off track but not in sand or cat litter where it should feel a lot more sluggish IMO.

I thought there was something wrong with rF2 ?

rF2 is the complete backward to what it should feel IMO when you go of track, it should feel more heavy not lighter !

IMO Kunos AC are spot on regarding this matter !

Last edited by a moderator:
rF2 is the complete backward to what it should feel IMO when you go of track, it should feel more heavy not lighter !

LOL, you need to drive a real car sometime and go off the track :sneaky:

Everything feels lighter once you're off pavement because everything has less friction than pavement. That's why we generally race on pavement. The only time I've ever felt it get heavy was when the wheels are buried up to the hubs and/or snow & ice have built up inside the fenders.

LOL, you need to drive a real car sometime and go off the track :sneaky:

Everything feels lighter once you're off pavement because everything has less friction than pavement. That's why we generally race on pavement. The only time I've ever felt it get heavy was when the wheels are buried up to the hubs and/or snow & ice have built up inside the fenders.

Believe me I have !

Why do you think drivers release the wheel when they go off sometimes !

Kunos AC = Realistic
rF2 = Unrealistic

Pure Fact

They release the wheel because they know they are about to hit the wall HARD and don't want to break their wrists in the process. That has nothing to do with the surface ... because the same thing happens in oval racing ;) .

Going off track is not exact sience. Each track's runoffs, gravel, grass, offtrack bumps are different. So IMO stay on track to simulate. ;)

Just a small little thing what a simulator should simulate: Click here

1-1 ;)

In rF2 I just instinctively felt it was feeling just wrong when I went off !
It's like the wheels are filled with helium once you're off :)
I cant understand people that say it's realistic !

IMO - A definite immersion breaker !

Yes - I imagine that ice would feel like it does in rF2 when you go off track but not in sand or cat litter where it should feel a lot more sluggish IMO.

Particle physics of sand is not simulated in any sim I know of, it's all faked. It's more part of rally simulations and even those struggle to do it correctly. If AC FFB feels better on sand it's only because they use canned FFB effects while rF2 doesn't. I would suggest you don't judge road sims by off-track experience because literally 0% developer effort is put on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back