• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

RF n00b with silly question

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by StangOCD, Jun 3, 2019.

1. StangOCD

StangOCD

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,
    I am running a Thrustmaster TMX and no matter how many times I recalibrate my wheel, I will find that eventually during a race, I am turning the wheel sideways just to go straight. I'm sure it's something I am doing wrong. No other sim does this. I also hear this weird rapid knocking sound from the game during acceleration. Is that supposed to be the sound of traction loss? Any suggestions?

2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,326
    Damaging your front suspension? ;)

As for the knocking sound, post a video.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie

Ratings:
    +68
    the knocking sound could be the traction control IF you are driving a car with traction control. More info would help. rF2 has the option to bind a key for resetting force feedback. Also you should set the slider to 50% if you want full linearity. It is not the same as the setting for iRacing which is 100%.
    The further the slider is from the middle to the right, the less response you get at the center. Going left from center INCREASES the initial turn-in but then slows down the more you turn.

4. StangOCD

StangOCD

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, guys. I'll check out those possibilities tonight.

5. makan

makan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +148
    @StangOCD
    And make sure your steering assist is turned off.
    F1,F2,F3 on your keyboard, turn off all of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.