RF n00b with silly question

StangOCD

1RPM
Original poster
Jan 6, 2019
Hey guys,
I am running a Thrustmaster TMX and no matter how many times I recalibrate my wheel, I will find that eventually during a race, I am turning the wheel sideways just to go straight. I'm sure it's something I am doing wrong. No other sim does this. I also hear this weird rapid knocking sound from the game during acceleration. Is that supposed to be the sound of traction loss? Any suggestions?

Case_

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 30, 2011
no matter how many times I recalibrate my wheel, I will find that eventually during a race, I am turning the wheel sideways just to go straight. I'm sure it's something I am doing wrong.
Damaging your front suspension? ;)

As for the knocking sound, post a video.

davehenrie

500RPM
Jun 4, 2017
the knocking sound could be the traction control IF you are driving a car with traction control. More info would help. rF2 has the option to bind a key for resetting force feedback. Also you should set the slider to 50% if you want full linearity. It is not the same as the setting for iRacing which is 100%.
The further the slider is from the middle to the right, the less response you get at the center. Going left from center INCREASES the initial turn-in but then slows down the more you turn.

makan

250RPM
Nov 14, 2015
@StangOCD
And make sure your steering assist is turned off.
F1,F2,F3 on your keyboard, turn off all of them.