REVIEW: DSD Short Throw Pro Sequential

This shifter has been reviewed a few times already, but it's never been through a Sim Racing Garage review. So, let's see how it did! I have added links to different segments in the review in case you don't want to watch the whole review at one sitting.

Intro: ]

Overview:

A Look Inside:

Driving the Shifter:

Final Thoughts:

Wow, these reviews are, in lack of a better word, definite!
You watch and you're done, nothing else, short of trying for yourself, is needed to decide!

I do have a question though.
Did I understand correctly that there is no "click" feel when shifting? Its a smooth motion 'till you hit the stop?

Upvote 0
Wow, these reviews are, in lack of a better word, definite!
You watch and you're done, nothing else, short of trying for yourself, is needed to decide!

I do have a question though.
Did I understand correctly that there is no "click" feel when shifting? Its a smooth motion 'till you hit the stop?

Yes, a smooth short throw with the resistance increasing a bit as the spring goes through it's stroke and you hit the threaded bar stop.

This is unlike the ARC which has a definite feel of pushing a synchronizer to change a gear. Hard resistance at first and then a break through feeling like you are seating the next gear in output shaft. Personally, I much prefer this feeling. But that feeling is gonna cost ya!

Just realised something, Barry. You have a very soothing and deep voice, a lot like the famous wet-in-wet painter Bob Ross had

I consider that a complement! I really liked Bob's shows.

Upvote 0
Awesome review Barry! Got one myself having huge centre play in its centre position. The unit works good but as said it moves about 5 mm 360 degrees when centered. With this vid i hope i can solve the problem.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back