Retirement... + WC Highlights - Round 15 Brazil

Scrambles

Mower of Lawns
Here is the highlights package of round 15 of the World Championship:

Congrats to Bono Huis for his third Championship in a row, and thanks to all of you who have left positive comments or 'Likes' throughout the season. Those of you who have done so reguarly are listed at the end of the video ;)

As some of you may know, I'm now retiring as FSR's Multimedia Director, and this has been my last season of producing highlights for the league. There is no particular reason for this, other than it simply takes up far too much of my free time. It has not been an easy decision for me to make, as FSR has been a big part of my life since the start of 2008 when I first joined the league, and since then I'm proud to have produced over 80 videos for Formula SimRacing.

I've had a great time here for the last 5 seasons and I've got great memories both as a driver (albeit a rather slow one) and as a video maker. But at 30 years old, I'm an old man now by FSR standards, my hair line is receeding, I have trouble getting it up, and it's time for me to hibernate for a while...

Without wanting to sound like I'm making a long-drawn acceptance speech, there are a few people I must say thank you to:

Roald Reurink and Pedro Rodrigues, two ex-presidents who have done so much for FSR and always gave me nothing less than their full support, especially back in '08 and '09, when I was just a beginner video maker starting out - Thanks so much guys! I've always appreciated your support.
Scott Beck for giving me my first simracing driving seat at Rothmans F1 Racing in 2008 - Great memories of the '08 AMA division :)
Johannes Kunkel for all of his continued support, especially throughout the 2010 season - Cheers Johnny!
Patrick de Wit for programming our track cameras, something which had a big effect on the highlights videos.
And of course the master commentators Jack Nicholls and Liam Jenkins for recording the voice overs throughout 2010 and 2011, and putting up with my deadlines and demands! (I've still got all the recordings and I'll be releasing the bloopers and swearing once you're both famous)

On a more personal note, I must mention:
Dennis "Denny" Hirrle for all the support he gave me when I first floated the idea of making these highlights in the first place, as without his help I never would have started. Thanks for all your work Denny!
David Dominguez who spent heaps of time with me during the off season, ensuring sponsors were happy, and also figuring out ways to maximize the publicity the highlights achieved. I never imangined view counts would get so high for FSR!
And finally Mikko Puumalainen, for his top work as WC Director, but mainly for all of his help, support, guitar solos, and suggestions for the last 3 years. Cheers Micky, you're a legend m8 ;)

And thanks to everyone who has watched, commented, rated, favourited, liked, shared, poked, binged, banged, rizzled, zooted, and fapped over my videos over the last 5 years.

Cheers boys - stay frosty, and good luck for 2013!

Simon Adebisi
FSR Multimedia Director 2010-2012

After founding an FSR video of yours on youtube was the key for me to join the FSR community. That was a spark for me. Sorry to read that you leave, but it is fully understandable.
I can only say that you made a brilliant work all the time. All I can say that I wish you good luck and all the best, until you return :thumbsup:.

Take care and cheers.
Tamas

Hearing the news some months ago I was of course a bit saddened, but fully understanding since I'm not a young man anymore either, and I have an idea of how much time and effort Simon's work takes up.

You had a giant part in making FSR as popular and respected as it is today and while your alter-ego on Oz turned out to be a powerhungry lunatic, you were always a great guy and a good friend, which makes me hope you'll stay in touch in the future :).

sad-crying.png

I wish you all the best for your future!

Very good once again Simon. You made me, and probably alot of others join this league through seeing these videos, so hopefully someone is able to replace you and keep the popularity up :)

Good luck in everything you do, I'm sure we'll see you pop by now and then! :thumbsup:

WHOA I Got too much on my hands already with the WT Highlights, Managing 451, Helping release the NMR-002 and Applying for FSR President give the job to his second in command in this case Phillip Pushcke

Um... you only made Belgium highlights?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies