F1 2012 Retail version will feature a "10 race season"?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Are Season Challenge races and Career mode different?

At the end of the demo it says

"Congratulations on completing your first Season Challenge race...." followed by "In the full retail version you compete in a 10 race season...."

I really hope these are different modes....

Are Season Challenge races and Career mode different?

At the end of the demo it says

"Congratulations on completing your first Season Challenge race...." followed by "In the full retail version you compete in a 10 race season...."

I really hope these are different modes....

That's right. The season challenge mode lets you play through the season in 10 races while changing teams based on your performance. This is probably how Codemasters imagine they can get more people involved, as they state in their PR for this year's game. Based on what I've read so far, there will be no Season mode where you can create a playlist of all the races :unsure:

That's right. The season challenge mode lets you play through the season in 10 races while changing teams based on your performance. This is probably how Codemasters imagine they can get more people involved, as they state in their PR for this year's game. Based on what I've read so far, there will be no Season mode where you can create a playlist of all the races :unsure:

Wait....so there's no 20 race season??? Do you play different tracks every year? How do you race every track?

This is very disturbing news. I guess I need to see how it plays out, but the fact you can't race 20 races in one season in Career mode could be a major blow to my interest.

Wait....so there's no 20 race season??? Do you play different tracks every year? How do you race every track?

This is very disturbing news. I guess I need to see how it plays out, but the fact you can't race 20 races in one season in Career mode could be a major blow to my interest.

No, you'll still have the 20 tracks in Career mode. There's just no standalone season mode where you can play all 20 tracks in succession.

No, you'll still have the 20 tracks in Career mode. There's just no standalone season mode where you can play all 20 tracks in succession.

OK, so in CAREER MODE, you still race all 20?

Sorry for the confusion -- I don't care about Season Mode, only career. And it would be weird if you played Career Mode and only raced 10 races per season.

F1 2011:
- Career Mode
- Grand Prix Mode season, aka driving as i.e. Lewis Hamilton and competing in all 20 races (or just the ones you want)

F1 2012:
- Career Mode
- Season Challenge, driving as yourself i.e. Tom Endres and competing in up to 10 races
- Champions mode, driving as yourself i.e. Tom Endres in order to meet specific mission targets such as catching your team mate

You dont need to spend £60 a month to watch Sky sports F1. You just need the standard channels and HD pack which costs a lot less. Standard channels €29 and HD pack €15. I got offered the HD pack for €5 a month for 12 months a few weeks ago so I have the SKY 1 F1 HD channel for €34 a month

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back