Reshade Preset for RBR

I did a reshade preset a while ago and thought someone might be interested into using it as well. it was made to add a bit of depth to the lights with more natural colors. Its balanced towards peformance while using a look up table (LUT) for the main color corretion work.

Download & Instructions are found here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QPXnITh3Sw0bQmrs188ejkJm_GId7wNk

1joChQA.jpg

zCLFonu.jpg

M08If4N.jpg

kEeBmWe.jpg

9lm6983.jpg

Let me know what you think. :)

Last edited:
This is the first Reshade thing that works very well in all stages - good job!
Do you think you could maybe prepare a 2nd variant that is little less aggressive? I find it destroying (desaturing) too much of the green color (my team livery is green so the car is almost grey now). Maybe the overall contrast could be liiiiitle lower as well. Then it would be perfect!
Sorry for my noob description, I really don't know anything about LUT etc.

Thank you!

Yey especially you can now use SGSSAA! That was always a bummer for me that it did not work with it before.

The green is desaturated so that the track vegetation etc look more natural, but I might to get the saturation a bit back while keeping it darker. The LUT (look up table) does most of this work and I created it especially for RBR. It basically defines how colors should look from saturation, hue and brightness.

I will look into your suggestion and think i can work something out.

Can you post an screenshot (without shader mods active) of your car livery on a green england track?

Updated to 1.4.1
- Adjusted a few LUT colors closer to their origin to avoid causing a few colors be off
- Slightly increased saturation for the LUT
- Adjusted LUT gamma curve to be a litte brighter in the shadow area to reduce a bit of contrast.

@jendabek : Give it a try if it is better now. The green should be better without getting to oversaturated.

It is wayyy better and almost perfect now! If I can ask about the last tweak, I find some snow stages like Torsby, Mitterbach or Kuadonvaara too white & bloomy. I like the effect but if there is a chance to reduce it a little tiny bit? What is your opinion?
In general I am very surprised how versatile your setup is, even night stages look & feel much better now. I like the added sense of depth to the image.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-02-05 025728.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-05 025728.jpg
    770.6 KB · Views: 437
  • Annotation 2020-02-05 025718.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-05 025718.jpg
    824 KB · Views: 452
  • Annotation 2020-02-05 030239.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-05 030239.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 444
  • Annotation 2020-02-05 030229.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-05 030229.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 429
  • Annotation 2020-02-05 031435.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-05 031435.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 433
  • Annotation 2020-02-05 031423.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-05 031423.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
I like the effect but if there is a chance to reduce it a little tiny bit? What is your opinion?

I could try to adjust the eye adaptation so that it detecs to bright scenes (the mod tracks are already very very bright white) and tries to darken it. I balanced the preset to be universal as possible so I check this out.

@Retrolux Do you think it could be reduced just by LUT? Because that Eye Adaptation thing was eating my framerate, especially when going through a vegetation (alpha textures). But it is not that crucial, so only if you want to lose some time by fiddling with it :) Thank you!
@Rain-Bysea yes, but the effect really makes the difference. I keep LUT & Ambient Light for the best performance & visuals compromise. But of course it depends on your GPU - if it can't handle it, then I would also keep just LUT.

Only LUT and Ambient Light + tweaked interior textures (added shading) :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-02-05 163212.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-05 163212.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 448
  • Annotation 2020-02-05 162919.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-05 162919.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 452
  • Annotation 2020-02-05 165326.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-05 165326.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Yes the LUT and ambient light are the core of this preset. They are "must haves" to get the look I wanted for the preset. @Rain-Bysea I recommend to keep them on and just use the performance mode toggle.

@jendabek I noticed that you are using a quite large resolution. Are you using DSR ? I really recommend to use SGSS as it looks way better and you have better performance than using DSR.
Explanation is in the readme of the preset on how to enable it. Took long for me to find out to make it working together with ReShade.

I can check if find an alternative solution for the overbright snow tracks. Eye adaption usually help here but I might find a better way. Changing it in the LUT can also work but other tracks might look to flat then. Lets see :)

Last edited:
@Rain-Bysea But I see you kept Ambient Occlusion enabled which is even more demanding than then Ambient Light. But looks great on these externals shots for sure!

@Retrolux I have 2560x1440 144Hz monitor where the pixel density is little higher than on 24" FullHD, so it doesn't look too bad without AA. My GPU is GTX 980 Ti and I am not sure risking any performance drops (under 144 fps) because of AA is worth it, but I will play with the settings and will see :)
What I don't understand is how nVidia Inspector and nVidia Panel plays together? After installing the Inspector it overrides what is set in the nVidia Panel?
Thank you!

These shoots look great @Rain-Bysea, even without ambient light enabled. But would look better it would be on :p. I already improved the visible noise of the Ambient Occlusion without the cost of peformance for the next release.

@jendabek Ahh that explains it. Then i guess SGSSAA might not work out to maintain 144fps. But you can use multisampling, and that will help as well to clean the AA. The Nvidia Inspector basically adjusts the preset from the nvidia panel. It enables to see all available profile options that are hidden from the consumer to be adjusted. So the changes are always in sync in the nvidia panel and the in the nvidia inspector.

Updated the preset to 1.5.0
- Adjusted ambient light adaption to reduce darkening effect for bright scenes (snow for example)
- Improved Ambient occulsion to be less grainy while keeping the same performance level
- Adjusted Extra Anti Aliasing setting to catch more jaggies
- Adjusted Sharpening to be finer and less pronounced
- Enabled Extra AA Effect activated per Default in the preset
- Changed reshade version to 4.4.2 to allow several depthbuffer based effects to work from cockpit view.
Later versions have issues detecting the depth buffer correctly in RBR

@jendabek let me know if it works better for very bright snow tracks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes