Replay Cam Mod (No Onboards)

DiRT Rally Replay Cam Mod (No Onboards) 0.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just tried the Bidno Moorland run and while the long shots look great, I can't help being a bit disappointed that you've taken away two great close up camera shots of the first water splash and the first jump immediately after that. Also during the woodland section, it still reverts to close up of the front wheel. Having said all that, It's not to take away from your superb work which looks much better than the wheel and roof close ups.

@JCabri Nice update. My only critic is there are almost not enough cameras now. I like the realistic spectator views for the passing car. Just this time there are to many? Only a little more variety would be nice.

Even though I am saying this, its probably worth keeping this one and having a second option. Am I confusing or what?

Damn Codies for not allowing saved replays. It would be great to switch to these different user created views on the fly and watch it over with different set of cameras... guess I'm dreaming though :)

@JCabri Nice update. My only critic is there are almost not enough cameras now. I like the realistic spectator views for the passing car. Just this time there are to many? Only a little more variety would be nice.

Even though I am saying this, its probably worth keeping this one and having a second option. Am I confusing or what?

Damn Codies for not allowing saved replays. It would be great to switch to these different user created views on the fly and watch it over with different set of cameras... guess I'm dreaming though :)

I can't do nothing more. Montecarlo does not have many spectator cameras, especially at first kilometers, I can't add new cameras, only edit the existing ones. Note that I dont have any tool or map to do this, only the xml files and a lot of attempts, replays, attempts, replays... Anyway, thanks for your comments!! ;)

@JCabri

Yeah, I have had my share of editing camera xml files, ran out of patience :sleep:

I honestly don't know how your finding this to even work out something that looks credible at all, and you are doing it very well.

I wasn't too sure what cameras you where editing, so that makes more sense, btw. My only thought was adding some sort of closer helicopter view in the mix. Again, I am just throwing it out there as an idea (many of mine are bad :) though)

Oh yeah one more thing, Monte sounds sooooooo good with the echos in the distance before and after the car passes!

Could you please reorganize files to reflect structure of the game, without splitting files into separate, location related folders? Game file structure is already organized, separating locations to specific folders. IMO there is no reason to split it twice. It makes impossible to just instal the mod by single copy operation.

Thanx for understanding

Could you please reorganize files to reflect structure of the game, without splitting files into separate, location related folders? Game file structure is already organized, separating locations to specific folders. IMO there is no reason to split it twice. It makes impossible to just instal the mod by single copy operation.

Thanx for understanding

I'm agree. I will update asap!

Just tried the Bidno Moorland run and while the long shots look great, I can't help being a bit disappointed that you've taken away two great close up camera shots of the first water splash and the first jump immediately after that. Also during the woodland section, it still reverts to close up of the front wheel. Having said all that, It's not to take away from your superb work which looks much better than the wheel and roof close ups.
Agree.
I feel we all agree that you made some great work here, manually(!) editing all this but still...:unsure: some great cameras are missing now (why? if you test them I wonder how didn't you see that some really cool cameras are not there anymore) and I'm not sure is it better to delete all onboard cams (after all even the real rally footage have them, too) then to have no cams at all for some quite long time !??
:sick:
Example -
this is the one I notice right away, on your very first video
(Col de Turini Depart) we don't have view of the car from 0:11 to 0:26 seconds. That's fifteen seconds ?!! :confused:
I really think that's too much. And I'm sure there's more of this kind of examples.
But RX tracks, especially with only one cameras I think look stunning.

Last edited:
I don't mind the wait for a car to appear or even the odd on-board cams (looking forwards over the driver and co-driver's shoulders) but I sure as hell hate those roof views, wheel views,and backwards shots. Could the OP change the wheel close up sections in the mod to in-car views I wonder?

Well then I have to disagree with you, too.
That "odd" loking camera is one of the most famous views in Rally history.
Here's one example.

edit:
But what brings my attention is that cam have much lower FOV than any DiRT or other games onboard cameras. They all exaggerate with FOV. False sense of speed I guess. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back