Of course Renault does this because they don't want to lose out, or let Haas get points with a car that is illegal - at the same time, it's no point in creating extra work, with forcing the FIA do to the process twice.

They could also be saving it for later if they think that Haas hasn't fully rectified the issue. If Magnussen is in the points later they may file a protest on him.

After reading the article, I'm just realizing something very stupid. The FIA admitted they knew of Haas' issue but decided to do nothing about it unless a protest was offered by another team. Are there certain parts of the rules that are absolutes and others that only count if another team catches you?

Good research folks. Great information. As for Renault it would have looked better from a sporting point if they had filed the protest prior to the race sometime. They were well within their right and was successful but from a PR point of view it is a dismal failure.

I think Red Bull should probably lodge a protest against the legitimency of Renault’s customer engines allocated to them if Renault feel it is necessary to appeal successfully something as stupid as they have

I'm honestly quite surprised by peoples reactions here. Haas constructed a car that doesn't meet the regulations, yet somehow Renault are the bad guys?

You know who the real villains are in this story... the FIA. The whole protest system leads to this kind of bad faith tittle-tattling. If the scrutineers find an issue with the car, they shouldn't allow the car to compete - waiting for other teams to catch on and protest leads everyone to question the integrity of the scrutineering process.

Remember Hass are the only team blocking Force india from getting their full prize money, i believe in Karma. Not glad this has happened but don't feel sorry for them.

Haas had already notified by the FIA that its design would be illegal.

vogons.jpeg

You know who the real villains are in this story... the FIA. The whole protest system leads to this kind of bad faith tittle-tattling. If the scrutineers find an issue with the car, they shouldn't allow the car to compete - waiting for other teams to catch on and protest leads everyone to question the integrity of the scrutineering process.

Just a note - Scrutineering is not a full legality check of the cars. There are no time for that. There are random checks, and a full check of safety features.

You can decide to run an illegal car and hope to get away with it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back