rF2 Renault CLIO @ Sebring - Wednesday August 8th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Had an ace race! :D

Very good battle with Lee Russell. Glad to finish 2nd. Thinking about it after race we should have worked together to catch Jimi. :thumbsup:

Still one of the best online races I have had in ages! ;)

race was fun, first few laps were a bit messy:(. Sorry to Matt for the tap i misjudged the distance. See you next week
No problem it was an ugly race for me i caused the mess in T2 by getting loose sorry guys about that.Then Lars and i came together on the front strait,not sure who is at fault there looked at the replay and seemed like just bad luck,too guys heading for the same piece of track.Any way Lars sorry your race ended early.

yeah i don't think it was me...i couldn't get a decent lap together! i done good at the start and slowly fell apart as my tires were crying :( i did enjoy it though. p7 for a couple laps i think :thumbsup:

Well, I had great fun. I had a slow start and lost a few spots. In T2 there was some struggle and when I slowed down to avoid those cars I got a huge smack in the rear and flew off. Now I was dead last and many seconds behind. :confused:
I knew my speed would be good to catch some guys in front of me. Some laps in the race there was a big cloud of smoke on start/finish, there were some cars having trouble and spinning all over the place. I missed Frans by just an inch.:confused:
A few laps later Marcel was closing in fast. On the bac k straight he came aside and I took a defensive line and could keep my position. The next lap he tried again and this time we went side to side to start/finish I was on the ideal line and he was on the dirty side of the track and he carried too much speed into T1 and he span, so I was back in 10th. Now I was on the hunt for Lee. He had some trouble in T2 and I could close the gap. After 2 laps I could pass him on the outside in T1. Now I was 9th and stayed there till the end of the race. I enjoyed my fights with Lee and Marcel. Very clean racing! :thumbsup:

Hope to see you guys next time! :)

Good Morning guys..

I dont know, why I was 4th in Qualifying.. :D
The Start was really nice, everyone in front or behind me was very carefully.
Had a good getaway, behind me was a little space, so I decided to didnt go
to the limit. Few Laps later, I brake in Turn 2 a bit too late. From here, I made
a lot of mistakes. Car for Car has passed me easily. 2 or 3 Laps before the End,
again in Turn 2, I looped my car 3 Times. I think, the Track has too much Grip
and Result was this crazy Loop :D

Anyway, it was a real good and clean Race! See you next time!

Had a blast last night in my first RD rFactor 2 racing club race. Did not expect to get on the pace as quickly as I did as I've not really driven the Sebring mod much yet. Quali was fairly close, but managed to secure Pole position.

Got a clean start and managed to hold the lead for the first lap, despite a huge moment on cold rear tyres in turn 3, then just got into the rhythm to pull out a healthy gap while Lee and Kevin did battle. Looked good from the timing screen anyway, constantly swapping places for P2, although this allowed me to build a large gap of around 10 seconds at half distance, so from here on in I decided to ease off and just manage the gap to the flag.

Very pleased to take the win, shame there is no race 2 option with reverse grid which I have become used to and enjoy so much from race 07, but it's early days yet with rF2.

Thanks to RD for running the event and to all who participated. I wont be racing for a while now as my G27 throttle pedal has been faulty for a while now, so finally gonna claim my warranty replacement. See you in 3 - 4 weeks according to Logitech, hopefully with a brand new wheel! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back