rF2 Renault Clio Cup @ Lime Rock Park - Mon 9th March

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well my race blows!!
Had a great start but up to the first chicane I touched the Orange car (not sure who it was sorry) sorry for the touch I missed my braking slightly.
Then the second or third lap the game went to desktop for some reason so when I finally got it back up i was well behind. Then the rain came and I just couldn't stay on the circuit so being that I was behind I thought stuff it and put wets on the front to see what would happen and God it was a handful. I was closing stefan down but by the end my tyres were completely shot so couldn't get it lower than 26 seconds or what ever. So all in all my race was a disaster but I still had great fun :)
Hope the next one stays dryer lol

That was great! we were sat after quali, would it dry up and stop raining, wets or slicks. Slicks it was and I thought the rain made it really hard but great fun. The drying line after the showers, it was raining where Simon was on the track but not where I was. It just doesn't get any better for me this game and it just keeps wanting to please me everytime I play it. No other game can give me what this game does and it is bloody great. Blinkered? Fanboy? yes and yes but I don't give a ****!!! thanks guys and great banter on teamspeak. Oh and I finished the race and came 5th!

Well my race blows!!
Had a great start but up to the first chicane I touched the Orange car (not sure who it was sorry) sorry for the touch I missed my braking slightly.
Then the second or third lap the game went to desktop for some reason so when I finally got it back up i was well behind. Then the rain came and I just couldn't stay on the circuit so being that I was behind I thought stuff it and put wets on the front to see what would happen and God it was a handful. I was closing stefan down but by the end my tyres were completely shot so couldn't get it lower than 26 seconds or what ever. So all in all my race was a disaster but I still had great fun :)
Hope the next one stays dryer lol

That was me but no worry. I lost only a bit of time. Luckily these are fwd and i could catch it. But i think i went the entry of the chicane completely sideways.

I had a fun race. In the first laps i drove a bit more cautious to adapt to the conditions. After some small fighting with Richard and Stefan i could close the gap the Jarek quickly and pass him as the conditions got worse. In the second shower i missed the first chicane so i drove the layout without chicane and let Jarek pass so that i dont have any advantage.
So i needed again to chase and pass him. In the last laps he wend wide in the second chicane and i was through. Later he got some penaltys so it had be some lonely finish laps.

But the race was great fun. More of the changing conditions please :thumbsup:

Had great fun last night. I didn't expect any rain and when the race started I decided to stay on slicks. When the conditions were very tricky and I saw Jarek and Simon stay out, I also decided to do the same. Richard went in for wets which gave me some breathing space, but when I saw he was gaining seconds per lap, I started to make mistakes (miss the brake point for the first corner on a number of occaissions) and the gap was getting slower fast. It was as low as 17 seconds. The drying line saved me as I could use advantage of my slicks and I knew Richard would be struggling on his wets (which would overheat and wear quickly). Could raise the advantage to around 26 seconds again. As in the final lap Jarek had to serve his penalty I had a change for second place but he came out far enough ahead of me to know that would never happen. :)

As I said, had great fun last night, hopefully more peeps will find their way on TS. You will will have an extra laugh or two. :)

Last edited:
I found this from a year ago from Tim Wheatley

Wet weather has been held up at various stages and just been one of those features that continually suffered from how we were developing. Not an excuse, it was a poor way to develop, just saying how it has been. Though the more things we complete, the more things we have to fix when we change something connected to it.

We were developing almost like the public didn't have the product. Often the guys would put in incomplete features that "worked" so you could get them sooner (which is a nice thought), but this left you with incomplete features and sometimes broke things entirely if that had issues not seen by our testers. The plan for the next few builds is to make some of the incomplete things into complete things (both that you have versions of, and that we've held back). It's likely they'll get to this stuff fairly soon now, but I can't say when, only that incomplete features are more of a priority for those devs assigned them.

It's also made it very difficult to market the product. You can't push rF2 as a wet weather simulator really right now, and when we do fix it, it'll be 'woohoo, you FINALLY fixed it'. If we'd held it, and released it finished, working, as a feature, it would be a way more positive response to getting the same thing at the same time. Shame really.

Forgot to say thanks for the event, good fun!

I was already confused enough with the new UI and by trying to find my way around the sim, but then it started to rain in warm-up which left me completely clueless. Is there a way to check the forecast? Did i miss the part that said rain race in the event post? Shall i take wets and what's the difference in laptimes? I also completely forgot about the possibility of rain, you know, it's there and a nice gimmick but the last time i raced online in the rain was... i never did :D.
Decided to take a risk with dry tires and if all goes wrong, file this event under "gaining experience". It went sun-rain-sun-rain for the whole race and while i was doing fine in the dry, Simon was quickly closing the gap in the rain. After he passed me i was in a cloud of spray and cut the track a few times, which resulted in two (well deserved) penalties.

While rF2 isn't my number 1 go to sim yet, it has the biggest future potential in my eyes and monday made me actually realise how those few features that it has above the competition make it really stand out already.
The race was packed with moments that you just don't get nowhere else, no way around that.

Cheers to racers & staff for a fun night, wasn't the last time you've seen me here :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back