1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Helmet in Formula Master

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by slider916, Oct 2, 2009.

1. slider916

slider916

Ratings:
    +3
    Take your current DRIVER_HELMET_FPVISOR.DDS that you use for the Radicals and F3000, and you'll need to create an additional folder in your Steam install. Here's how the folder structure will look.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Your User Name\race 07\Gamedata\Teams\Formula_Master

Just drop the DDS in your new Formula_Master folder that you've created, and you're good to go.

2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,088
    Where do i find that file DRIVER_HELMET_FPVISOR.DDS ?

Edit: google is your friend

Attached Files:

3. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin

Ratings:
    +174
    I have just had a format and am re-installing everything but this doesent work anymore...heeelp....plz :)

4. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin

Ratings:
    +174
    I must have had the wrong file or something it`s ok now...:shame:

5. rcgldr

rcgldr

Ratings:
    +0
    If this is similar to GTR Evolution, note that there's also a no 'bug splat' mod which goes along well with the 'trasparent helmet' mod.

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,810
    Where does this file go if you haven't used it for Radicals or F3000? Are similar folders necessary under ....\Teams\?

7. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin

Ratings:
    +174
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Your User Name\race 07\Gamedata\Teams\Formula_Master

You may have to make the gamedata teams and formula master folder yourself. F3000 and Radicals dont need a folder just put it in teams.

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,810
    Found out I had already installed the DDS into ....\Teams for F3ooo and Rad's. Copied it into ....Teams\F_M folder. It isn't working in any of the classes, no wonder I forgot about it!

What's wrong here?

9. Peter

Peter
    who cares

Ratings:
    +669
    I placed it in the Race07 folder and this works to, there is no need to create a new folder.

10. Billy Davies

Billy Davies

Ratings:
    +0
    You're not the only one who can't get this working Dennis - I've tried copying it to all the folders suggested above and havent ahd any success at all.

I'm using the file Bram posted above - is that right? Any suggestions?

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,810
    SOLUTION!

I'm a dummy, according to comments in the download, I was supposed to remove the word "_clear" from the file name.
    I did that.
    I works just fine now!
    Copied the file from the "Teams" folder to the "Formula Master", now there is no visor for that car as well!

DUH!