Reloaded Shaders for Race 07 (same as Race Remaster)

Misc Reloaded Shaders for Race 07 (same as Race Remaster) 1.8.95

Login or Register an account to download this content
In Race 07 at least the shadows are "added" as a black collor with different amount of alpha until the directional light hits the min angle. But it doesn't decrease gradually as far as I have seen, so at sunset they can look too dark.
Idealy I would just remove directional light if a pixel is in shadow, but until I can (hopefully) do that I calculate the added "blackness" or alpha of the shadow from the amount of directional light.
So it is kind of inversed to get a more gradual decrease when sun goes down. I think that is the best way right now, until there is a better way of course.

Info: there is a value on PLR file -> Shadow Ambient Scale="1.0". 1 is ok. Is the darkness. Default was 0.5 for me and it was not correct.

So here at 17:00: (after I reset my PC the shadow come back- same with black trees on my custom shader)
dark shadow came back.JPG
here at sunset 18:00 - 0º
0.JPG
when car lights kick in:
1.JPG
when track lights kick in
2.JPG
when night kicks in
3.JPG

Last edited:
Just notice this shaders are different that the ones on RaceRemaster v0.95.
both state v1.8 but same shaders have different dates and sizes.
mostly this are newer.

AndreasFSC updated Reloaded Shaders for Race 07 (same as Race Remaster) with a new update entry:

Shadows, "PBR" and general overhaul

V1.8.7
* More tweakt to shadows, should work more consistent now - less flickering and disappearing shadows.
* Intruducing "PBR" shaders. These are not REAL pbr-shaders, but they work in a more similar way now.
Car paint can now be tweaked solid <--> metallic by just using refmap, usefull for chrome trim pieces on cars.
But there are also shaders included for backwards compatibility. These use the same shader core, but accepts the "old" input values.
* Code overhaul, DX8 shader versions...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AndreasFSC , do the skies work for you?
They use No Lighting Tex1 shader, so they are invisible. I have the sky always rainy.
I changed the shader to T1, but ...
shouldn't the sky be animated?
There are 4 textures for Day, Sunrise and Sunset and only the first one, Dytex000 is used.
For testing I made the sky animated.
Texture: Dytex0
Animation: Random
Frames: 0,1,2,3
Frequency: 1
Today I will test how it looks, if there is no change, I will try to change animation to Cycle or Event.

RFactor sky is animated, but this is to go from sunrise through day, sunset to night - there is only one sky sphere.
In GTR series there are 8 layers.
I wonder only if the animated sky with 4K textures will not be too heavy for the game engine.

@holacrosty - add the shader file extensions to the WTCCed .cmd script. It will decompress them.

Last edited:
@AndreasFSC , do the skies work for you?
They use No Lighting Tex1 shader, so they are invisible. I have the sky always rainy.
I changed the shader to T1, but ...
shouldn't the sky be animated?
There are 4 textures for Day, Sunrise and Sunset and only the first one, Dytex000 is used.
For testing I made the sky animated.
Texture: Dytex0
Animation: Random
Frames: 0,1,2,3
Frequency: 1
Today I will test how it looks, if there is no change, I will try to change animation to Cycle or Event.

RFactor sky is animated, but this is to go from sunrise through day, sunset to night - there is only one sky sphere.
In GTR series there are 8 layers.
I wonder only if the animated sky with 4K textures will not be too heavy for the game engine.

@holacrosty - add the shader file extensions to the WTCCed .cmd script. It will decompress them.
It works for me with no found issues :O_o:
Race 07 uses a strange combination of diffuse light alpha and specular alpha and/or direction to set which sky should be visible.
But the game also "upgrades" and "downgrades" shaders, so maybe different shaders are used for the sky meshes in some circumstances.
I could probably add the same sky transparency functionality to the no lighting shader too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back