Reid+Grist co-driver mods

Includes only the original RBR pacenote slots. Except that Grist doesn't have "Tightens Bad", and Reid lacks "Caution".

At least the Pacenote Plugin is supported, so you have the extra distances. And 8-step scale instead of the usual 7-step as an utterly pointless gimmick.

It is an onboard rip, but of course TOTALLY NOISE-FREE, as always with porridge-y co-driver mods. So if you ignore the shortcomings, the production values are up there in the sky somewhere.

Good luck with this. Extract the pack to anywhere you like (temporarily), that'll get you started.

-----------------

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbcysyoa5tgvdsn/TFCDP RR+NG+PM porridge en.7z?dl=1

Dec 2015 update:

- Added the Mills mod (numeric, 5 choices).
- Added "double tightens" and "double caution" for Grist along with some other minor but necessary "fixes".
- Into/Onto slots were looked at again for the Reid and Grist mods.

Last edited:
Sorry to keep you waiting, Tomas, but I thought it's best to fix couple of very minor issues first.

New links 2013-08-24:

(REMOVED)
+
(REMOVED)

FIX: added Hairpins to Reid's Sounds folder.
ADD: A terminology list (for OpenOffice and Excel)

It seems that I cannot edit the first post in here, oh what a world!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for these great pacenotes. NG is so much better for me than default one. BTW, will you release also Mills version in the future?

Yes, it sounds very professional indeed. I hope you'll change your mind one day. But NG is also very good. Once again many thanks for your work.

About six months ago, I happened to use the Grist mod for the first time in a long while and I was shocked how appalling it actually was. It was still world class all right, but that just isn't good enough in 2015. However, since there was only so much I could do with the existing mods, I thought it was for the best to add the outstanding Mills mod in this last ever pack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbcysyoa5tgvdsn/TFCDP RR+NG+PM porridge en.7z?dl=1

Protect yourself at all times.

Last edited:
Same to you, mate. Although let's be honest, xmas is already a thing of a past pretty much, isn't it, but that happy new year stuff... well, that sounds like a decent plan. Yes, might as well try that.

I have belatedly replied to someone via PM about something related to this topic, not once but twice even, you know who you are so check your PM. No reply required.

I'm gonna feel like an idiot for asking this but, can these work with the Pacenote Manager for RSRBR?

I've had some issues trying to get used to the interface of the manager...

I'm gonna feel like an idiot for asking this but, can these work with the Pacenote Manager for RSRBR?

No need. Perfectly reasonable question. In short: no and never will. As an old pre-Pacenote Plugin tool, Pacenotes Manager can't handle anything besides the files that go to the Audio folder, making it pointless from my perspective.

And a word of warning: because of some horrendous packs created solely for that manager, it is very easy to unintentionally overwrite other audio mods you may have installed. While it's no fault of the manager itself, I wouldn't recommend using it at all. If you're interested in some of the content they have provided for it, you should use dattool to extract the dat packs yourself and manually install the right files and nothing else.

No need. Perfectly reasonable question. In short: no and never will. As an old pre-Pacenote Plugin tool, Pacenotes Manager can't handle anything besides the files that go to the Audio folder, making it pointless from my perspective.

And a word of warning: because of some horrendous packs created solely for that manager, it is very easy to unintentionally overwrite other audio mods you may have installed. While it's no fault of the manager itself, I wouldn't recommend using it at all. If you're interested in some of the content they have provided for it, you should use dattool to extract the dat packs yourself and manually install the right files and nothing else.
Thanks for your input, mate. Also apologies for the late reply. I don't suppose you can tell me how to install your co driver pack into RBR? I'm still rather new to modifying RBR and I still initially think installing RSRBR was a challenge.

There are instructions in the pack. For an RSRBR user it can't be more straightforward when audio.dat has already been extracted and even Pacenote Plugin is included (you may have to rename pacenote.no to pacenote.dll to make it functional but that should be it).

Gone are the good old days when porridge mods were intentionally onerous to install.

hey man, I recently discovered this game alongside ngp thanks to gamermuscle. Love your Grist pacenotes! I was wondering also where did you get your hud used on these videos? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Glad you like it.

The hud can't be found anywhere. If you look closely, you'll see it's what I call a vanity hud. That said, you may still find the WRC style clock somewhere. Or not.

You can use Pacenote Plugin for that. But I can do better than that: Here I rudely copy my recentish reply from elsewhere to someone who had some drama with HUD position.

porridge said:
...And about digidash, three ways to go about it:
  1. You edit the dash placement with Pacenote Plugin's camera editor and save it there and then. RSRBR has already integrated Pacenote Plugin but you may need to enable it first by renaming pacenote.no to pacenote.dll. Saving the dash settings with the plugin creates a new file to \Plugins\Pacenote. Perhaps not ideal if you end up using different resolutions for different stages or light mods and especially if you don't see yourself using Pacenote Plugin for the long haul, obviously.
  2. You should still use Pacenote Plugin but only to make notes of the original and your ideal coordinates, and then edit digi/minidash_XXXX.ini accordingly. The old-fashioned way if you like and taking all things into consideration, highly recommended. The files are in misc.rbz (opens with WinRAR/7-zip/WinZip etc), extract them out of the pack to Misc folder simply by dragging them out. Use the original coordinates to find the right file of many and edit "Hud position". You can delete the useless ones again once you're happy with everything.
  3. This would be far worse than the previous two. Less said the better.
I should probably mention that the right .ini file for you to edit can also depend on FixUp's centerMenu setting of 0 or 1, but maybe you don't need to know that right now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back