Regarding the wheel rotation range in AMS

Hi, guys, just bought the AMS in prepare for the AMS2 and get some settings and finally run several single races, and hate it for not having AMS earlier.
we all know that the wheel rotation range of different cars is different, and it seems like i have to adjust this option in game every time i go to race? for example i have to set it at 540 for a V8 and then change it to 270 before i go for F1 in AMS? the game seems do not do this automatically.
and if so, do we have some lists of wheel range for the cars in AMS? personally i just try to drive the car as real as possible and doesn't want a fixed 540 for all the cars.

There are three values that will affect the overall experience of how much real world steering input you may need for a given corner.

First, there is the game-level setting found in Settings > Controls > Settings > Steering wheel range. It kind of sounds like this is the value you are referring to in your question.

The two additional values are found within the setup options for each car: steering rotation and steering lock. These are explained in the How to Set Your Car Up! thread which is pinned in the setups section of this forum.

NOTE: I am by no means an expert on this subject. I barely consider myself “versed” in how these items function. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of all three of the settings values.

if i set things to automatic from Fanalab software (fanatec Csl elite ps4)
then the virtual wheel of the car and my steering wheel rotation doesnt match,which means that i have to set different rotation for evry car to make it work
also i have to change my driving style for this
the automatic thing doesnt really works
but it works on Rfactor 2 correctly
no different settings for every car needed.
i use the version 346 beta drivers from fanatec and 1.12 Fanalab software

if i set things to automatic from Fanalab software (fanatec Csl elite ps4)
then the virtual wheel of the car and my steering wheel rotation doesnt match,which means that i have to set different rotation for evry car to make it work
also i have to change my driving style for this
the automatic thing doesnt really works
but it works on Rfactor 2 correctly
no different settings for every car needed.
i use the version 346 beta drivers from fanatec and 1.12 Fanalab software
Yeh automatic doesn’t work on most wheels. I believe it does on Logitech.

There are three values that will affect the overall experience of how much real world steering input you may need for a given corner.

First, there is the game-level setting found in Settings > Controls > Settings > Steering wheel range. It kind of sounds like this is the value you are referring to in your question.

The two additional values are found within the setup options for each car: steering rotation and steering lock. These are explained in the How to Set Your Car Up! thread which is pinned in the setups section of this forum.

NOTE: I am by no means an expert on this subject. I barely consider myself “versed” in how these items function. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of all three of the settings values.
thanks buddy

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 6 23.1%