Red Bull Racing using Thermoplastic Floors?

And what about Lotus cars?
I always see sparkles under the car, which means the car is lower in racing condition than its legal. May they use the same materials. May more teams use those materials.
The Lotus and the Mercedes both run FRIC suspension systems which work with hydraulics so that the car lowers it's ride hight when the car is at speed. The sparks flying off the rear of the Lotus is it running on/ near the ground because of high speed.

Article: http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2013/894/1050.html

I am not a fan of watching one make racing. I saw a Race at Montreal for a Single Ferrari Model. The only difference was coulour and sponsors.
But the cars are to different in design from the back to the front of the grid.
Maybe F1 should do like in Sportscar with DTP that is developed by the series with a range of engines that can run.
The FIA could build and sanction a single chassis or three and have a range of engine options than car run in the chassis.
The Image and appeal of independent cars on the grid will suffer but a competitive edge will be gained by the mid and back markers.
And these high tech ideas would not get trough. Its hard to put regsulations together without loopholes that the big teams can work into there programs.

That is absolutely genius. I really hope it gets proven; they should get a medal for that!
Sure, it will get banned like countless other great innovations... but that's only because the moronic tend to outnumber the brilliant. xD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back