Red Bull announces Ricciardo leaving RBR after 2018

Ricoow

Premium
9.dr_in.jpg

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing has announced the leave of their Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo per end of the current season. The 7-times Grand Prix winner leaves Red Bull with a gap to fill next to Dutchman Max Verstappen for 2019.

Ricciardo has been with Red Bull since 2008 starting off in their junior programme before making his official F1-debut with HRT in the 2011 Britsh GP replacing Narain Karthikeyan. After his half-season with HRT he moved back to Toro Rosso to have a seat in the 2012 driver line up. Daniel was promoted to Red Bull in 2014, since which he drove 90 Grand Prix' (to date) and won 7 of them. His best achievement with the team so far has been a third place in the Drivers Standings in both 2014 and 2016.

Team Principal Christian Horner wishes the Australian all the best for the future and thanks him for his dedication both on and off track.

Ricciardo has confirmed to have signed with Renault F1, completing their 2019 line-up alongside German Nico Hülkenberg. Daniel has signed a two year deal at Renault F1. According to the Australian, this was one of the toughest decisions he had to make.

"It was probably one of the most difficult decisions to take in my career so far. But I thought that it was time for me to take on a fresh and new challenge. I realise that there is a lot ahead in order to allow Renault to reach their target of competing at the highest level but I have been impressed by their progression in only two years, and I know that each time Renault has been in the sport they eventually won. I hope to be able to help them in this journey and contribute on and off track."

What do you think of this news? And who should Red Bull get as replacement? Will they get Sainz back to their F1 team? Will STR provide them with a new junior driver?

(Sources: Red Bull Racing - Renault F1)

Last edited:
RBR have announced he will be at Renault alongside the 'Hulk'.
It begs the question whether Carlos Sainz goes to RBR or back to STR.
Another stupid RBR fail.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back