Recommended Realfeel settings for Thrustmaster wheels.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Since I've read a few times on the net that users are having weak FFB issues with their thrustmaster wheels, especially the single seaters. I thought that maybe a thread giving helpful information would be useful. i suspect this will be relevant for the new belt driven range from ™, including the TX, T300 and T500s.

This will include good suggested Realfeel settings to paste into your Realfeel.ini (found in your root GSC folder), for the cars found in GSC and including any mods, that users encounter.

Related Fixes with wheel, and weakened FFB.
- Using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0.
- Up to date fimware drivers.
- Plugs and sockets all fully inserted.
- Springs and Damper in Logitech profiler set to 0%
- FFB set at higher level.

Real feel settings. (simply replace code found in realfeel.ini)

Formula3
[Formu]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1200.000000

Formula Extremes

[F_Ext]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1800.000000

Anyone please contribute. I know this can also be down to personal preference, so this can be purely used as base.

Last edited:
There is some imbalance, I would not say massive. Keep in mind the cars are also very different from each other, everything from weight, weight distribution and peak slip angles play a part into the FFB. All cars have been fine-tuned to one extent or another for the new version, not just FFB but in general, but for most cars other than the StockV8 the realfeel settings will remain similar..

I also don´t think there is one specific solution for TM owners, a T500 will be very different to a T100 but generally the game should work out of the box well enough for all wheels out there, if not necessarily for all tastes. It´s a matter of tweaking to whatever makes you happier.

There's massive imbalance on my wheel. The stock car feels nice and heavy, the open wheel cars have absolutely no force to them at all and I can literally drive them around a track with one finger on the wheel. On my Fanatec GT3 RS wheel all the cars felt fine (and yes, the formula cars were a tad bit lighter than tin-tops) but on my T300 RS the open-wheel cars were borked until I altered the realfeel settings. In one car the wheel is so heavy it makes my shoulders sore and in another car it feels like my wheel has been unplugged from the power source, that's a massive imbalance. In all other games my wheel works fine and only shows slight differences between different types of cars.

I find it hard to understand that there would be any clipping happening when there's no force to the wheel. But at this point, I'd rather have clipping on a proper feeling wheel then have no clipping on a wheel that feels broken. If it helps, I will record a video tonight of me driving any given formula car at default realfeel settings using only one finger to steer. There's just no way that's correct.

I say up your TM setting a little and adjust in game and it should feel great.

Both my ingame and profiler FFB settings were at 100% and the formula cars had no weight to them, can't up those settings any higher than that.

Both my ingame and profiler FFB settings were at 100% and the formula cars had no weight to them, can't up those settings any higher than that.

Well sorry Brandon, but my T500 is not like that at all. And I never have the settings up anymore than 70%. So I don't know what to suggest. It's fine for me.

I just re-read my post and it comes across like I'm yelling/bitching. That wasn't my intention, just frustrated and trying to figure it all out. Adjusting the realfeel files seems to get the formula cars to a place where I like the FFB, so I'm just going to go with that regardless of whether it's the "proper" way to do it. :thumbsup:

Brandon don't forget the dev above said the stockv8s aren't up to date, the lighter cars are running a updated code. So it may be that the v8s are too heavy.

im gonna mess with the profiler at 100% ffb. And use the various sims internal ffb to turn it down.

Have u tried adding value to the damper and spring settings?

Last edited:
Brandon don't forget the dev above said the stockv8s aren't up to date, the lighter cars are running a updated code. So it may be that the v8s are too heavy.

im gonna mess with the profiler at 100% ffb. And use the various sims internal ffb to turn it down.

Have u tried adding value to the damper and spring settings?

Well, the stockv8's are the only ones that feel correct out of the box for me. :roflmao: And no, I haven't tried adjusting the damper/spring, everything I've read (at least for other games) says those should remain at zero so I'm not really inclined to change them for just one game.

I just tried 100% on the CP and its much better on the f3 (default realfeel values) also 100% in game.. The v8s are a workout to drive but not undrivaable. A in game setting of 80% seemed ok. I also tried the springs and damper settings at 10 and 100% and didn't feel much difference so the game must be overriding these values, so turned them back off.
This whole clipping lark I haven't got a clue when or where I get if I get it at all!?
I still feel bumps kerbs and force so how do I know when its clipping running at full FFB?

Even at normal ffb im still getting force around corners in the formula cars, Brandon your saying you have absolutely no force?

Even at normal ffb im still getting force around corners in the formula cars, Brandon your saying you have absolutely no force?

There's a tiny bit of force, maybe 5% of the force I feel in the touring cars/mini/camaro/opela. Basically negligible, and I can only feel it in medium-to-fast turns. When exiting the pits it's very heavy but once I start moving it all goes away. In real fast turns or even going very fast down a straight it has decent weight to it, but once you start slowing down it goes away. Cranking up the realfeel setting did bring weight to the wheel though, even if it might be clipping.

I don't for sure. But generally the heavier it is, the more likely you are to have clipping. I just meant that at this point I don't care if there's clipping as long as my wheel doesn't feel like it's unplugged. Is there a clipping tool for GSCE like the one in AC?

not sure..

I think and this is a big think, maybe were just used to the horrid FFB of Raceroom and its heavy centre force in that. Mine in GSC set to 100 in game and profiler feels fine. Bit more like it did with the DFGT.

wouldn't be surprised if RR clips all over the place.

I play AC as much as I do R3E, and very occasionally i(ce)Racing, so I'm not "used" to a particular FFB. And I'm no clipping expert, but I've learned to have a decent idea of if I'm clipping or not. And yes, I'm sure R3E probably clips like crazy with the settings I have.

I presume its the weight difference in cars. Thus is why rr cars feel all the same ffb wise. Now when you have come to a sim doing it correct it first feels odd.

That's how I feel now I've upped the ffb in tm windows

Last edited:
As I think in gsc, 100ffb in windows and in game feels right, would this be in long term harmful to the wheel? Just worried that I'm running higher ffb than the default logitech settings recommend.

For some reason, the realfeel on a whole is generally weaker than says RRe ffb.

Obviously I would keep the wheels ffb set at 100% then knock down offending games that feel too harsh at 100%.in game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back