Recommended FPS? Graphical settings and impact.

Hello all..! I think this is my first post.

I recently moved from a single 75 hz (non sync) 1080p monitor to triple 1080p 165hz monitors (freesync) and 10mm bezels..!! I am loving how immersive it feels now, how everything syncs up, and just how smooth it is at any FPS.
Now, my issue is that with an i7 9700k and a 2070 i could play pretty much at very high/ epic settings and still get nearly 70 fps locked (not to upset my monitor), but now on triples its a different game.
Naturally, i needed to lower some graphical settings as i now have more and more pixels to render... I could still play in mid-high and get anywhere from 70-98 fps on the triples...

BUT, what is the best FPS to use..? I mean, whats better: to have some high settings for the track while sacrificing foliage and get ~65ish FPS, or turn settings closer to medium and get 95 FPS?

Also, does anyone know the graphical impact of the settings? I know shadows are the #1 GPU using setting, so epic will EAT the GPU performance, but whats the second? Or third? I usually restrict foliage, lower the settings of shadows, lower the resolution scale (depending on the track... ), lower distance on mirror... etc.

TL;dr:
1) how does higher FPS (65ish to 95ish) affect sim racing/ ACC?
2) Does anyone know how graphical settings affect GPU performance, and any recommended settings for triple screens on an RTX 2070 (overclocked to 2100mhz)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back