Recommendations for simvibe setup (Obutto R3volution)

Hi fellow racers. Looking to add simvibe to my Obutto R3volution, I want to get better feedback from road surface, wheel lock/spin, under steer and engine revs and understand simvibe will help with this.

I have the following questions please:

1) Is it worth going with 4 channel chassis mode, and adding additional 3 transducers for extended? Which transducer creates the engine revs? Can these effects be combined all in to 4 transducers only?

2) Would i mount the 2 transducers under the seat (left and right sides), and the other 2 down near the peddles (left and right)? Physically with 8 transducers that seems a lot of space and vibrations, can this be over-egged and is less more?

3) Are there any mounting plates that i can buy for the https://thebuttkicker.com/buttkicker-mini-lfe/ and R3volution? I found these that look cool (but $$$), any others to compare against? http://thomr.com/4celnk-brackets-minilfe-to-r3volution/#HeadingBuying

4) I'm planning to get 2 x https://www.parts-express.com/behri...0-watt-four-channel-power-amplifier--248-6800 - this will give a total of 8 channels (with DSP). I can use 7 for simvibe, and 1 for audio, is this a decent amp (will use 2) or is it overkill?

5) I plan to put a https://thebuttkicker.com/buttkicker-mini-concert/ under the seat for normal games (non-simvibe) - I plan to take the LFE sub output from my audio amp into a Y splitter. One side will go to the sub as normal. The other side will go in as an input to one of the channels on the NU4-6000 transducer amp, which will then power the mini-concert butkicker. Any issues of me blowing something up?

6) Any comments on these rubber anti-vibration pads to raise the chassis off the floor - i plan to use 8 of them - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HQ2AAW/ either that or i use rubber gym mats.

Sorry for the long list, tried to research as much as possible and any pointers appreciated.

Quite a lot on tactile on these forums, you can search and should find a plenty of info on things to consider.
Including some charts about Simvibe and its effects.

Behringer Amp
The NU4-6000 is not available with DSP only the 2 Channel DSP 1000/3000/6000 are.
Again you will find some info regards the iNuke DSP models on these forums that is not on others. Including using the DSP to bring better tuning and performance depending on the tactile being used.

Quantity Vs Qualiity
Is it better to buy 4x bigger Buttkickers for Chassis Mode or go with 7 of the Mini Concert or LFE series?

While I tried to cover this in a previous thread and have my own views on the pros n cons few people bother to offer much advice based on their own choices or setups. This then leaves people like yourself with limited opinions to consider or help you evaluate what to do.

The BK Advance is probably the best in terms of delivering a good performance benefit over the Mini models but delivers enough power and low-end frequency energy. The largest models can indeed deliver even greater energy and low-end performance but you will likely not use them anything close to their full capacity with using multiple units on a smallish area like a cockpit.

See how you get on with some threads and come back

Upvote 0
Thanks @Mr Latte from what i can see on the forums (and your post here http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simvibe-comparing-em-vs-cm-installations.134892/ is awesome thanks), some have said just run one mode or the other, as they can cause interference and cancel each other out, so less is more here.

I can see http://www.bsimracing.com/simxperience-simvibe-new-engine-oversteer-effects/ engine RPM is now produced from chassis mode which is great.

So i plan to run with 5 BK Advanced (and again does seem from forums consensus is BK Advance is the way to go here):

4 BKA for chassis mode (2 on seat outside, 2 on pedals)
1 BKA for extended mode (on seat, for that kick from sequential gearshifts)

I will also plan to use the above shakers (under the seat) for other non-simvibe games by re-patch and running the audio from LFE sub out (via y=slitter into amp as mentioned), and patch accordingly (from what i read even a single BKA here would probably be fine, with two might get rattled to death every time a grenade goes off or a tank round is fired!).

The R3volution is pretty solid, i would imagine would be better to have more power and not need it, than need it and not have it. Each BKA being a 4ohm transducer max of 400W, I should go for 3 x NU3000DSP (unless I can drive a BKA at 300W via a iNuke 1000 but that is driving the amp at max, for $80 more you get twice the power and decent headroom with a iNuke 3000).

I think the DSP filtering will help here as when i run the transducers in games to help filter out unwanted frequencies getting to the shakers, and fine tune to the chassis mode.

If anything for the above rationale seems glaringly, any comments or suggestions much appreciated.

Upvote 0
from what i can see on the forums (and your post here http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simvibe-comparing-em-vs-cm-installations.134892/ is awesome thanks), some have said just run one mode or the other, as they can cause interference and cancel each other out, so less is more here.

I think one of the most common things that happens is people may not really understand how frequencies operate or what occurs when you do pile on multiple effects or layers with the frequencies being used. The sweet spot for what are typically the best strength frequencies on several popular units is rather narrow. Some folk will repeatedly use these "best frequencies" that feel strongest on their units for different effects which isn't ideal as you really want different effects to have their own vibration character or certainly use frequencies that perhaps better suit their role/purpose or prioritise how/what effects get the best frequencies.

Definition or detailing is often lost if a unit is being overdriven, this can be caused by different things. For example excessive volume dB settings, too much amplification and when multiple effects are used with similar frequencies (increasing the amplitude of these frequencies). I know of this from my own testing and monitoring via the software/hardware I used to get a better grasp of everything.

I have placed a link to my own threads Here if you want to bore yourself to tears regards tactile and can stomach my long-winded posts. Alternatively, you will find in a few threads I have tried to offer more detailed help or highlight things about Simvibe or tactile in general but you can find these by just searching my name if you want. :)

I can see http://www.bsimracing.com/simxperience-simvibe-new-engine-oversteer-effects/ engine RPM is now produced from chassis mode which is great.

So i plan to run with 5 BK Advanced (and again does seem from forums consensus is BK Advance is the way to go here):

4 BKA for chassis mode (2 on seat outside, 2 on pedals)
1 BKA for extended mode (on seat, for that kick from sequential gearshifts)

It's not just what you use/buy but how you incorporate it into the build and what isolation/solutions may be needed depending on your own circumstances. We can talk more on this if you want and you share/show your early ideas regards installation. Personally, I would advise using an ADX or possibly a Clark TST unit for EM and this installed that it can be felt in the back/spine region rather than a 5th Advance. From memory I cant recall helping someone considering what your for using on a R3volution cockpit. What your proposing is quite a lot of potential tactile energy. Is vibration noise an issue in the house/home you live? Feel free to share any images of other peoples installs on this cockpit. I certainly do enjoy such threads or seeing others sharing their own rigs and discussing them.

I will also plan to use the above shakers (under the seat) for other non-simvibe games by re-patch and running the audio from LFE sub out (via y=slitter into amp as mentioned), and patch accordingly (from what i read even a single BKA here would probably be fine, with two might get rattled to death every time a grenade goes off or a tank round is fired!).

The R3volution is pretty solid, i would imagine would be better to have more power and not need it, than need it and not have it. Each BKA being a 4ohm transducer max of 400W, I should go for 3 x NU3000DSP (unless I can drive a BKA at 300W via a iNuke 1000 but that is driving the amp at max, for $80 more you get twice the power and decent headroom with a iNuke 3000).

I think the DSP filtering will help here as when i run the transducers in games to help filter out unwanted frequencies getting to the shakers, and fine tune to the chassis mode.

If anything for the above rationale seems glaringly, any comments or suggestions much appreciated

You can certainly use LFE type output, stereo, or surround in a tactile configuration from audio sources/consoles etc. Or you could have LFE output over all units. These things are possible and if you want yes you can incorporate "Audio Tactile" in with "Simvibe" or other tactile software like "Sim Shaker Wheels." This can work very well over EM or CM channels. Some additional hardware is needed but not that expensive.

The great thing with the iNuke DSP control is being able to create presets to suit the purpose required. This may be specific tuning of a limited frequency range in Simvibe, or adjusting/restricting full range audio via console gaming, music. The level of control is rather excellent and a superb feature-set to have not on traditional amps.

I strongly advise you to consider Sim Shaker Wheels (SSW) to use either as an alternative to Simvibe or to have both options. While I am continuing to learn how to help create .wav files to improve effects for it. Which brings much more possibilities and control, I do not see myself going back to Simvibe that often in future and the actual dev =Andre= of SSW is active on these forums willing to help people and keep improving his own software.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back