[Recommendation] Use AntiMicro for D-Pad support

With the 1.7 patch we got many new mappable functions. AC however doesn't support D-Pads on wheels. The recommended software to overcome this issue was always X-Padder. While I could make it work for Win10, with each startup I had to reconfigure it, it didn't start with Windows despite set up to, etc. Furthemore, it's a payware program, although it's last freeware version 5.3 is available to download, but you might run into compatibility issues depending on your system. So I started looking for alternatives.

The best one I found is AntiMicro. It's free, it's got a simpler, cleaner interface, starts with Windows, perfect for the job. Just set it up to start automatically and close to tray.

https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro/releases

I hope I could help :)
Capture.jpg

Just map a keyboard button to the D-Pad buttons in the software, like I have Up/Down/Left/Right Arrows on the picture, in the game menu map e.g. MGU-H to Right Arrow and by pressing the D-Pad button which is associated with Right Arrow will switch your MGU-H mode in game. Same method as X-Padder.

Edit: Don't forget to enable combining keyboard and wheel input in the game controls settings
Untitled.png

If you tried this and like the results, please comment so the thread doesn't get lost into oblivion and more people can see it and improve their AC experience :)

Edit 2: About the "freewareness" of Xpadder

Last edited:
hm i Updated the firmware and driver / did a clean reinstall. Sadly it seems like it did not help.

I dont think the name von the t300 was red before.

While writing this something strange happend. I played around with the settings a little and suddenly i had ffb again (name of the t300 was also black in antimico) after closing and reopening antimicro its back to how it looks in the screenshot without ffb.
After some more fiddeling aroundm, i found out that the color(red or Black) was not in direkt connection to ffb working or not.

Attachments

• T300Settings.png
    T300Settings.png
    157 KB · Views: 449
Ok i think i figured it out.. kinda i guess?!?

I know now how i get ffb and antiMicro working again a the same time.

Open antimico
Open usbgamecontroller
Open Settings of the t300
Close Settings of the t300

boom antimicro and fbb at the same time.
But i really dont understand why its only working this way..

Edit: Works with xpadder the same way..

Ok i think i figured it out.. kinda i guess?!?

I know now how i get ffb and antiMicro working again a the same time.

Open antimico
Open usbgamecontroller
Open Settings of the t300
Close Settings of the t300

boom antimicro and fbb at the same time.
But i really dont understand why its only working this way..

Edit: Works with xpadder the same way..
Well it's strange, I'm pretty sure it's not a "problem" with either program but a setting in your PC game controllers, or something else, but unfortunately I can't help.
By the way do you have to do that process you wrote (open-close stuff) every time you want to play?

Seems like it. But alteast i know how to get it to work. Takes only 2 seconds so its not thaaat bad.

I agree, i dont think its a bug with the programms either. But i dont know what other settings could affect this since there are not really that many options in the Thrustmaster settings.

Seems like it. But alteast i know how to get it to work. Takes only 2 seconds so its not thaaat bad.

I agree, i dont think its a bug with the programms either. But i dont know what other settings could affect this since there are not really that many options in the Thrustmaster settings.
To be honest I have no clue what the problem is, what I would do is to check if the steering wheel is the preferred game controller in your system
Capture.PNG

Thanks for the info Peter, it's really a cool program.

Problem is that AC seems to have a bug where, as soon as an ERS control is mapped to a keyboard button, it also binds it to Button1 on the wheel (left paddle shifter).

I've opened a bug topic at the AC Forums...

Thanks for the info Peter, it's really a cool program.

Problem is that AC seems to have a bug where, as soon as an ERS control is mapped to a keyboard button, it also binds it to Button1 on the wheel (left paddle shifter).

I've opened a bug topic at the AC Forums...
Oh I had that too, bind that ERS button to a random button on your wheel (e.g. replace headlights) so the ERS's association with the left paddle disappears, then rebind headlights and you're good to go :)

Ah, so I'm not the only one? Yesterday I had first MGU-K recovery+, then - after rebinding it, then MGU-H mode, eventually I got tired of fooling around. I will give it another go tonight when I have more time. I also assumed it won't stop happening as long as the controls are bound to keyboard.

The tool itself is really nifty and simple to use, thanks again for suggesting it. XPadder didn't work so easily.

Ah, so I'm not the only one? Yesterday I had first MGU-K recovery+, then - after rebinding it, then MGU-H mode, eventually I got tired of fooling around. I will give it another go tonight when I have more time. I also assumed it won't stop happening as long as the controls are bound to keyboard.

The tool itself is really nifty and simple to use, thanks again for suggesting it. XPadder didn't work so easily.
I had that problem exactly with those two commands :D both stuck on the downshift paddle if I remember correctly :D

I reinstalled my Win recently, Antimicro works fine, but it always "forgets" to launch automaticly.

I have activated it a few times now in settings, but the next time it's always off.

Anybody had/has this problem too? Any solutions?

I've got another suggestion for G27 (Logitech wheel) users.
You can use the standard Logitech Profiler to assign keyboard controls - you can even assign two functions to one button by using a "shift" button on the wheel. It's very easy and you don't need any third party programmes.
I did a simple tutorial on the Logitech Profiler how to assign a shift button and so on.
Although it is in german, it might be helpful:

At 03:35 I explain how to use the D-Pad.
At 05:46 I explain how to assign a shift button to your G27.

I hope I'm not derailing this thread.

Edit: I was also loooking around for an opportunity to do the KERS management on the wheel and didn't want to install yet another programme on my PC that is running in the background while gaming or - even worse - use my keyboard. Now I'm able to control any function (ABS, traction control, KERS management, Turbo pressure, brake bias, ...) in AC on my wheel (in total 34 commands are possible excluding 7 commands of the h-pattern shifter.)

Last edited:
I've got another suggestion for G27 (Logitech wheel) users.
You can use the standard Logitech Profiler to assign keyboard controls - you can even assign two functions to one button by using a "shift" button on the wheel. It's very easy and you don't need any third party programmes.
I did a simple tutorial on the Logitech Profiler how to assign a shift button and so on.
Although it is in german, it might be helpful:

At 03:35 I explain how to use the D-Pad.
At 05:46 I explain how to assign a shift button to your G27.

I hope I'm not derailing this thread.

Edit: I was also loooking around for an opportunity to do the KERS management on the wheel and didn't want to install yet another programme on my PC that is running in the background while gaming or - even worse - use my keyboard. Now I'm able to control any function (ABS, traction control, KERS management, Turbo pressure, brake bias, ...) in AC on my wheel (in total 34 commands are possible excluding 7 commands of the h-pattern shifter.)
Good work making a tutorial.:thumbsup: I agree, I don't want to clutter my PC either, but unfortunately Thrustmaster users can't do it AFAIK :(

You can get xpadder for free perfectly legally by downloading version 5.3. That's the last free version of the program and works great. I don't need to run it at OS startup tho and I use Win7.

Just to correct a bit your opening post.

You can get xpadder for free perfectly legally by downloading version 5.3. That's the last free version of the program and works great. I don't need to run it at OS startup tho and I use Win7.

Just to correct a bit your opening post.
I know, and XPadder is the primary program people recommend. I installed it and it was painful, it didn't start with Windows despite me wanting it to, it kept forgetting my settings and I hated the interface. I started looking with alternatives and found this AntiMicro. It may not be as advanced, but for this task it's perfect and solves every problem I had with XPadder 5.3.

I know, and XPadder is the primary program people recommend. I installed it and it was painful, it didn't start with Windows despite me wanting it to, it kept forgetting my settings and I hated the interface. I started looking with alternatives and found this AntiMicro. It may not be as advanced, but for this task it's perfect and solves every problem I had with XPadder 5.3.

Not my point. You have a false info in your opening post. You can get xpadder for FREE by just downloading the ver 5.3. You imply that some special methods are needed to get it free.
There's already people in this thread having problems with the Antimicro and they might not want to try xpadder because they think it's not free. You might not like it or have problems to get it to work but that's not the case with everybody. That was my point.

Not my point. You have a false info in your opening post. You can get xpadder for FREE by just downloading the ver 5.3. You imply that some special methods are needed to get it free.
There's already people in this thread having problems with the Antimicro and they might not want to try xpadder because they think it's not free. You might not like it or have problems to get it to work but that's not the case with everybody. That was my point.
Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding. At the time when I started fiddling with this, I could only download Xpadder for "free" from some YouTube links, which in my definition is pirating, if the "free" program doesn't come from an official source.

Still, the point of this thread was to INTRODUCE AntiMicro. When you search the web for this functionality, you can only see posts/threads about Xpadder. It's not really a secret it exists. Furthemore, the Xpadder 5.3 support officially ends with Vista, and I if I remember correctly I could not install it on Win10, only through compatibility modes which introduced problems I mentioned on my system.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.4%