[Recommendation] Use AntiMicro for D-Pad support

With the 1.7 patch we got many new mappable functions. AC however doesn't support D-Pads on wheels. The recommended software to overcome this issue was always X-Padder. While I could make it work for Win10, with each startup I had to reconfigure it, it didn't start with Windows despite set up to, etc. Furthemore, it's a payware program, although it's last freeware version 5.3 is available to download, but you might run into compatibility issues depending on your system. So I started looking for alternatives.

The best one I found is AntiMicro. It's free, it's got a simpler, cleaner interface, starts with Windows, perfect for the job. Just set it up to start automatically and close to tray.

https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro/releases

I hope I could help :)
Capture.jpg

Just map a keyboard button to the D-Pad buttons in the software, like I have Up/Down/Left/Right Arrows on the picture, in the game menu map e.g. MGU-H to Right Arrow and by pressing the D-Pad button which is associated with Right Arrow will switch your MGU-H mode in game. Same method as X-Padder.

Edit: Don't forget to enable combining keyboard and wheel input in the game controls settings
Untitled.png

If you tried this and like the results, please comment so the thread doesn't get lost into oblivion and more people can see it and improve their AC experience :)

Edit 2: About the "freewareness" of Xpadder

Last edited:
I just installed Win10 yesterday, but Antimicro is giving a little trouble.

Sometimes it forgets that I set it to load on Windows start, though it seems running it as admin and setting this option again works so far.
But it's not starting minimized to the tray (option selected) but starts the program as a normal window which I need to close to tray.

Anybody had this issue too? Any thought on how to solve this?

Solved: Well, kind of.
Made a batch file to launch it and added --hidden to it:
Code:
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe" --hidden
and linked the .bat file with a shortcut into the Win Autostart.

Last edited:
I've been using "JoyToKey" for apps like SideKick in AC for ages.
I'm making a Windows app that runs on a different screen while playing AC but can still be controlled with controller buttons.
"JoyToKey" didn't work unless the app was in focus.
I tried "AntiMicro" and it worked :thumbsup:. So I'm happy :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 233 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%