Reasonable wheels for T500

Hey,

Some of you might now i offer a modservice for the t500rs ferrari addon wheel. I wanna make a step forward and thought about offering some reasonable priced addonwheels for the t500rs.
No adapter needed , just screw on like the usual wheels. In my example i watched this before :

robins_porsche_26_2.jpg

And ended up with this WIP:

Its a OMP suede wheel corsica style and nearly 1:1 to the one on the video.

Sorry for the dust btw..:p

Just want to know your thoughts about it. Price would be about 120€ i think.
No offer here just want to know your thoughts right now.

Greets Modmate

Is there any danger to fitting real wheels to a controller like this? Presumably they are heavier, and most have a bigger diameter so more inertia too... putting extra stress on the internal components?

Upvote 0
That's actually a good question to be asking and I have never thought of that to be honest.
How 'heavy' is the T500 Ferrari rim for example? The renault wheel or regular momo/sparco wheel, shouldn't be that much heavier I expect though.

edit:
The momo 27c is (0.635 kg)
A momo 11 is (0.680 kg) for 260 mm version; (0.726 kg) for 280 mm version

That isn't very heavy at all :)

Upvote 0
Is there any danger to fitting real wheels to a controller like this? Presumably they are heavier, and most have a bigger diameter so more inertia too... putting extra stress on the internal components?
Unless it's a huge margin compared to the old, the extra weight shouldn't be a concern for the hardware, but you'll lose FFB/Wheel speed and detail. For example the almost 1kg difference in Clubsport wheel BMW rim and the F1 rim has a noticeable effect on the speed of the FFB:
CSWb1.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey,

That's actually a good question to be asking and I have never thought of that to be honest.
How 'heavy' is the T500 Ferrari rim for example? The renault wheel or regular momo/sparco wheel, shouldn't be that much heavier I expect though.

edit:
The momo 27c is (0.635 kg)
A momo 11 is (0.680 kg) for 260 mm version; (0.726 kg) for 280 mm version

That isn't very heavy at all :)

Hey,

Well the full modded ferrari wheel is about 1.1kg. The OMP RALLY wheel is exact the same. I really dont feel any differences with that bit of more weight. Also my customers never got any problems with it.

Greets Modmate

Upvote 0
I have a very modified OMP Leather Superquadro mounted to my G27 with shifter padals and quick release, the G27 handles it just fine, I have no fear of adding a real wheel to my new T500 when I decide which to have.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back