rear speaker mount on aluminium rig

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by White Hawk, Aug 9, 2018.

1. White Hawk

White Hawk

Ratings:
    +18
    Looking at getting some small rear speakers mounted to my Sim Labs P1 rig but how to mount them? Any ideas the best way to accomplish this, would prefer the speakers be around ear height if I can.

Cheers.

2. Neil Farren

Neil Farren

Ratings:
    +63
    This is how I did it. My seat is a bit higher than usual as it’s sitting on top of a NLV3. If it wasn’t they would be about ear height.

[​IMG]

3. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    [ IMG_20180811_213045-1024x576.jpg IMG_20180811_213057-1024x576.jpg

4. White Hawk

White Hawk

Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks both, this is more along the lines of what I need I think, it needs to be ear height and as my seat is on a slider so will be moving now and then the speakers need to move with it. Is this something you put together or is it available to buy? I have noticed Obutto and Trak Racer have things to do this but I’m trying to keep the cost down.

I do have a piece of spare small aluminium profile that’s the right length, just have to figure out how to hold it there.

5. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    Just made up from some threaded rod in the shape of a horseshoe, bolted through a long flat piece of steel. Speaker wires just go into the seat material and drop out below to allow seat to slide.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.