Resource icon

Misc Realistic Dirty Air 1.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ho3n3r submitted a new resource:

Realistic Dirty Air - Realistic Dirty Air

The F1 2021 dirty air gives about 15% aero loss, which is way too low if you like realism. It also has the added effect of bunching the AI up way too much, causing a bunch of incidents in the first few laps.

This mod increases it to 35%. If you want constant side-by-side battling, this is not for you - it's only meant for people who want more realism.

2 installation methods included:
- Copy-paste

- Manual install:
1. Unzip the Dirty Air - Manual Install file
included in the...

Read more about this resource...

I created this exact mod yesterday, but I guess you beat me to it.
Can you make one with an increased slipstreaming effect?

Last edited:
I created this exact mod yesterday, but I guess you beat me to it.
Can you make one with an increased slipstreaming effect?
I can, but I'll upload it as a separate mod as I think the current value in the game is already good.

It's currently 10% less drag in slipstream - how much do want it?

I can, but I'll upload it as a separate mod as I think the current value in the game is already good.

It's currently 10% less drag in slipstream - how much do want it?
The current value in the game is already good, but the distance of the slipstream is way too short. That's why I think the value should be around 15%-25% to compensate for the slipstream distance.

The current value in the game is already good, but the distance of the slipstream is way too short. That's why I think the value should be around 15%-25% to compensate for the slipstream distance.
OK, I'll start with 20 and you can tell me if it's too much or too little.

I agree though, the distance it comes into effect is way too short.

Does this mod effects car performances? I mean it changes teams folder and there was car performance update came around september from codemasters, so does this mod overwrites that performance patch? I come this conclusion because Verstappen is always faster than Hamilton around 2-4 tenths

Hello, What lines did you edit in the xml files ? so many people have edit their XML file with other mods. Example , My XML file is modified whit the Camera Mod, realistic damage, and the realistic DRS mod

Last edited:
There is one more problem that i think this mod have, ai to ai overtaking. I played 6 %25 length races from last to first with redbull, even with dirty air ( which is really good and make overtakes really hard) i managed to get 2. (Max 1.) at driver championship, so i still can overtake even in %25 races but i only saw 1 or 2 overtaking moves from ai -whole 6 races total- which came at Jeddah. Ai tend to overshoot high speed corners a lot because of their scripted driving (they always apply same inputs so they always overshoot). Also, I tried reverse grid to see how well hamilton and verstappen ai climb through traffic, guess what, they couldnt overtake anyone, everyone just sit back on a drs train, only overtakes i got from reverse grid races were against haas or alfa romeo cars that didnt have drs.
In my opinion, either dirty air should be dropped, maybe to 30, or slipstream effect should be increased a bit

Great mod, love when I finally pass somebody and the grip is back again! very realistic! One question, if I for example install the mclaren gulf livery, will it affect the dirty air mod?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back