Resource icon

Misc Realistic assetto Corsa force feeedback for G25 / G27 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
patrikpat submitted a new resource:

Realistic assetto Corsa force feeedback for G25 / G27 - interesting setup for logitech g25 and g27 steering wheel

Hi !View attachment 262258 Assetto Corsa's fans ...
I've been thinking about finding for a few days now
a feeling of FF for AC that is more likely.

We all know how good the physics of this game are, but sometimes,
I have the feeling of not feeling good contact with the asphalt on my "logitech G25" ..
or rather the friction with the stada ...
I do not know if you share my thoughts.

I did some research but I did not find many useful things ..
so I started testing and I discovered a...

Read more about this resource...

Certainly we should use original Kunos cars to make evaluations ..
in my tests I noticed that with some mods, even if very good,
they have a steering with little return to the center ..
otherwise, I generally think it's quite plausible ...
right now I tried the Alfa Romeo GTA and I seemed to have a good feeling

We also await other opinions.

For the issue reported by A wreckit, maybe unplug the wheel after a session and plug it in back before starting another may help.

I have noticed if I left my G25 plugged in, drive another car (using CM), there is barely FFB at all (windows/logitech drivers/AC issue ? who knows ?)

Hey man,
always great to see someone spending time finding good settings and sharing it :)
My best bet about the lack of re-entering would be that you enabled 70% dampening force to be always on combined with no minimum force (logitech wheels don't respond at low forces at all so you mostly need around 10-20% minimum force) and also combined with only around 60% overall force.

Or in short: the logitech wheel absorbs the first 40% (15% deadzone + 35% lowered overall force) and on top of that you set the damper to absorb basically everything else.

Not wanna sound arrogant or rude. I tried the same as my road car feels totally smooth whereas assetto corsa felt overly intense in comparison.
But then: I never tried to drive my car constantly at the limit. I'm sure it would become very lively too!

Anyway. Try to put the minimum force to 20% and you should have a kinda dead, but at least recentering wheel again.

If you like that feeling, enjoy it! I went down the "competitive part" with maximized details for the most sense to get fast online.
No need to do the same if you just want to enjoy driving :)

If you want to try my settings, click on my profile and my downloads. If not, totally fine with me. I hope you get the feeling you enjoy the most soon :)

wow .. I see you did a great job ..
I had never found your search or something like that.
It's true, using the dumper has stifled some effects and this in some cars gives me a feeling of realism, but probably now it's all too soft ..
I try everything and I will draw my conclusions ... thank you!

If you want to try my settings, click on my profile and my downloads. If not, totally fine with me. I hope you get the feeling you enjoy the most soon :)

Hi Rasmus.

I tried your data from your post but I must have done something wrong
because it's not very good.

However I tried other cars with my realistic setup,
lowering the dump a little and I think it's good.

Of course this is my consideration ..
we all know how subjective this thing is
even though, almost all of us drive a real car.

I must also remember that what I wanted to do was try to reproduce that density of the real steering wheel. it may be that this stp is not good for all cars.
And it's possible that it's not very useful for playing or for competitions, but for now,
It seems to me a good compromise to have a realistic feeling.

I have updated the card .. it is one of the many variables, then each one chooses the one he prefers.

Thanks anyway for your advice!!

patrikpat updated Realistic assetto Corsa force feeedback for G25 / G27 with a new update entry:

Realistic Assetto Corsa Force Feedbach for G25 / G27

Assetto Corsa's fans ...
I've been thinking about finding for a few days now
a feeling of FF for AC that is more likely.

We all know how good the physics of this game are, but sometimes,
I have the feeling of not feeling good contact with the asphalt on my "logitech G25" ..
or rather the friction with the stada ...
I do not know if you share my thoughts.

I did some research but I did not find many useful things ..
so I started testing and I discovered a very interesting combination ..

To...

Read the rest of this update entry...

For the issue reported by A wreckit, maybe unplug the wheel after a session and plug it in back before starting another may help.

I have noticed if I left my G25 plugged in, drive another car (using CM), there is barely FFB at all (windows/logitech drivers/AC issue ? who knows ?)
I do not know .. it never happened to me something like that .. I do not use CM

Sounds good man! I know exactly what you mean with "density"! A real car feels a lot more "weighted" with some more or less smooth and steady resistance.
The problem for getting competitive with a logitech wheel is that even at its maximum force, it still spins way too slowly!
There are some drifting videos for example. A real life drift car spins the steering wheel extremely fast if you let go in the right moment. Like opening your hand, 360 degree turn, grabbing it again.
A g27 only achieves around half of it or even less.

If you set it up so you maximize this turning speed it will feel a bit overly nervous though while driving for example a road car at the Tacho mod track.
With your settings you would probably only get 30% the turning speed of a real drift car, while driving on a road feels very nice!

In the end you just need more dynamic to get both worlds, like with a direct drive wheel. Low forces being slow and steady, drifting being quick and explosive.
With a logitech wheel you can only have one side of the coin :(

Thanks for trying my settings. You probably had a little mistake somewhere as even if you don't like the responsiveness with my settings it should feel "good". No need to try again though as long as you're happy :)

A few hints what you could do if you want to fine tune your settings:
- ff_post_process.ini: gamma setting. If you lower the value, low forces will be stronger and high forces weaker. You get more "density" basically. You need to lower the minimum force with that though! Try 0.8 and don't forget to set "enabled" to true!

- center_boost: you'll find that in the controls.ini, it raises the forces around the center. If you get it right the center transition will feel smoother. Like driving through a chicane, left and right, the little notch in the center will get lower.
Or higher if you get it wrong... Just play with it.
The center boost range defines how far the "center" reaches to get boosted.
Too low and you'll just get a little punch in the center, too high and the wheel will get a massive "pull" when coming near the center.

Actually now that I think of it.. I'm gonna post a thread I created while searching for exactly what you are trying to achieve! I just didn't try the dampening so it wasn't that awesome in the end..

Here's the link to my thread:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/

Important bits:
-
Ingame slider to 35-50%! The "Gamma" gives so much force output that you need to go quite low here.

-
Open the controls.ini:
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini"
set MIN_FF=0.04, CENTER_BOOST_GAIN=1.3, CENTER_BOOST_RANGE=0.001

-
open the assetto_corsa.ini:
you find this ini in: "%...%\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini"
set ENABLE_GYRO=1, DAMPER: Your settings! :)

-
open the ff_post_process.ini
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini"
set VERSION=1, TYPE=GAMMA, ENABLED=1, VALUE=0.5

So these settings I used trying to replicate my real road car feeling in AC. I didn't think about applying a constant dampening though!
I think that the core of your approach/settings is that damper settings you fine tuned to your liking.

Maybe with these settings you will achieve an even better feeling for your goal. Maybe it'll be pure crap :poop::D

Thought I'd share this with you though :)

Here's the link to my thread:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/

Important bits:
-
Ingame slider to 35-50%! The "Gamma" gives so much force output that you need to go quite low here.

-
Open the controls.ini:
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini"
set MIN_FF=0.04, CENTER_BOOST_GAIN=1.3, CENTER_BOOST_RANGE=0.001

-
open the assetto_corsa.ini:
you find this ini in: "%...%\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini"
set ENABLE_GYRO=1, DAMPER: Your settings! :)

-
open the ff_post_process.ini
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini"
set VERSION=1, TYPE=GAMMA, ENABLED=1, VALUE=0.5

So these settings I used trying to replicate my real road car feeling in AC. I didn't think about applying a constant dampening though!
I think that the core of your approach/settings is that damper settings you fine tuned to your liking.

Maybe with these settings you will achieve an even better feeling for your goal. Maybe it'll be pure crap :poop::D

Thought I'd share this with you though :)
I thought about sharing this with you though :)

Ooo .. Thank you so much for your suggestions ...
I see that you try to find the most likely combination possible.
and that's exactly what I want to do, too.

I was afraid that there would be limits, but it is possible that by working a little longer we obtain an excellent result ...
maybe joining our experiences.

Thanks again

I found your suggestions very good except the road effects that i find the value 40% quite strong (i think it has better feeling at 22%) and i also downgrade the force feedback gain a little bit (from 65% to 60%). Overall it is good settings to drive with G27...

Yes, I lowered those values a little.
I held them higher to overcome the damping of the dump truck.

I have reflected and in fact this way the steering wheel is too dense and slow.
But ... Maybe it's enough to lower the value of:

DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL = 0.6
DAMPER_GAIN = 0.8;

now I believe it will be much better

I don't know what settings you tried but since i tried those Settings i have i never thought about changing them anymore.

Also never looked into the ini's. The only thing that bothers me is clipping at low speed below 10 km/h and the ABS effects wich are allready on 0%.

Attachments

• Logitech G27 2.JPG
    Logitech G27 2.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,612
  • Logitech G27.jpg
    Logitech G27.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,389
I don't know what settings you tried but since i tried those Settings i have i never thought about changing them anymore.

Also never looked into the ini's. The only thing that bothers me is clipping at low speed below 10 km/h and the ABS effects wich are allready on 0%.
Thanks for sharing your personal best settings.
My opinion on it, without wanting to start an argument:
From a technical point of view these settings don't make sense. You lose out a lot by deactivating so much and also the already big deadzone becomes even bigger by turning down the overall ffb on top.
The huge deadzone probably covers up the notch in the middle as the forces just fade out softly but it also means absolutely zero feel while driving straight.

As said, not wanna start an argument. If you like these settings, use them, be happy :)
But guys who are searching for good settings should also know my opinion on them to be prepared to not like them and search further.

Thanks for sharing your personal best settings.
My opinion on it, without wanting to start an argument:
From a technical point of view these settings don't make sense. You lose out a lot by deactivating so much and also the already big deadzone becomes even bigger by turning down the overall ffb on top.
The huge deadzone probably covers up the notch in the middle as the forces just fade out softly but it also means absolutely zero feel while driving straight.

As said, not wanna start an argument. If you like these settings, use them, be happy :)
But guys who are searching for good settings should also know my opinion on them to be prepared to not like them and search further.

Well the Deadzone is affected by the minimum force. Thats why i got it on 0%. The more i increase it the worse it gets for me.

I've also got told that the kerb-, slip- and road effects are for controller users. If i turn on those effects i only get clipping and can't feel actualy anything what the Car is doing. Dampening and Filter gives you canned effects where you can not feel how much of countersteer is needed to correct a drift or catch a steping out rear end. So it kinda makes sense from the technical point at least that's what iv'e been reading in the AC forums like 2-3 years ago.

Neither i wan't to start an argument im just throwing in my experience that might be diffrent then from someone other. Also i like to discuss and help if somone is asking for it and willing to try something to find his own settings.

Setting up the FFB is a pain in the .... Some people need weeks or month to find proper settings and that can be frustrating af.

As a little reference i can drift pretty well with almost any car and i get easy sub 6:30 laps on tourist with a LaFerrari or P1.

Well the Deadzone is affected by the minimum force. Thats why i got it on 0%. The more i increase it the worse it gets for me.
Absolutely... Without touching ini-files you can basically decide between no feel or a really annoying notch. Both aren't pretty realistic sadly.

To the effects: They are definitely for wheels too!

- kerbs: most kerbs are 3D, some are flat and just got a different "surface" in the track modelling. The kerbs-effect gives you some generic vibrations no matter if 3D or 2D. I like that very low and subtle to just tell me when I'm touching them.

- road: AC does a great job at giving feedback for even the tiniest bumps on the track surface but it can't physically simulate road texture. Without the road-effects you're basically driving on a bumpy glass. Feel nice already but the road effect isn't completely generic!
Depending on the actual surface type you're on, you get a different type of vibration. Concrete will be different from asphalt etc. I like that to be there but very subtle, not there while racing but when a surface change appears it gives you the impression of driving on something different.

- slips: If your tyres start to spin or to slide you'll get a vibration. This is full on unrealistic but in a real car you'd feel the difference instantly in your butt, not with your wheel. So AC gives you the possibility to induce that butt-feeling into your hands with some kind of vibration.
It gets stronger the heavier the slide or wheelspin is.
When racing with a non-abs car it's really crucial for finding the perfect brake pressure!

- ABS: basically like slips but vibrates the heavier you trigger into the ABS. Have it on the same level as slips.

I'd recommend to experiment with these sliders. To start with it I'd recommend:
Kerb: 4%
Road: 4%
Slip: 20%
ABS: 20%

Slip and ABS will be kinda brutal and should be disabled for drifting of course :p

Also I would recommend to click on my downloads and try my recommended LUT IF you ever feel like trying something completely new. Studying mechanical engineering and given the possibility of a Look up Table for the FFB to shape it to my liking, I couldn't stop until I found the exact curve that gives you the tightest and firmest feeling while fading out quickly enough to not give you that awful notch that minimum force gives you.
The wheel will be very responsive and a bit violent compared to your settings. I love it though :p
Realistic? That depends... But from a technical point of view it's spot on. Worked some months on it :)

Absolutely... Without touching ini-files you can basically decide between no feel or a really annoying notch. Both aren't pretty realistic sadly.

To the effects: They are definitely for wheels too!

- kerbs: most kerbs are 3D, some are flat and just got a different "surface" in the track modelling. The kerbs-effect gives you some generic vibrations no matter if 3D or 2D. I like that very low and subtle to just tell me when I'm touching them.

- road: AC does a great job at giving feedback for even the tiniest bumps on the track surface but it can't physically simulate road texture. Without the road-effects you're basically driving on a bumpy glass. Feel nice already but the road effect isn't completely generic!
Depending on the actual surface type you're on, you get a different type of vibration. Concrete will be different from asphalt etc. I like that to be there but very subtle, not there while racing but when a surface change appears it gives you the impression of driving on something different.

- slips: If your tyres start to spin or to slide you'll get a vibration. This is full on unrealistic but in a real car you'd feel the difference instantly in your butt, not with your wheel. So AC gives you the possibility to induce that butt-feeling into your hands with some kind of vibration.
It gets stronger the heavier the slide or wheelspin is.
When racing with a non-abs car it's really crucial for finding the perfect brake pressure!

- ABS: basically like slips but vibrates the heavier you trigger into the ABS. Have it on the same level as slips.

I'd recommend to experiment with these sliders. To start with it I'd recommend:
Kerb: 4%
Road: 4%
Slip: 20%
ABS: 20%

Slip and ABS will be kinda brutal and should be disabled for drifting of course :p

Also I would recommend to click on my downloads and try my recommended LUT IF you ever feel like trying something completely new. Studying mechanical engineering and given the possibility of a Look up Table for the FFB to shape it to my liking, I couldn't stop until I found the exact curve that gives you the tightest and firmest feeling while fading out quickly enough to not give you that awful notch that minimum force gives you.
The wheel will be very responsive and a bit violent compared to your settings. I love it though :p
Realistic? That depends... But from a technical point of view it's spot on. Worked some months on it :)

Well i feel everything you described while they're still turned off. I might give the LUT a try. I've generated my own LUT file and i didn't like it at all. I've had more clipping then usualy. For me it sounds like you have a complete difrent feeling on your wheel with the same settings just from describing it. My center is really sharp and i have absolutley no problems to drive straight. In the end we both enjoy our settings and driving with them. ;) But was a nice discussion to see it from another point of view.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back