Real life throws a curve ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
Fellas, it is with great sadness that I tell you guys that I have to quit helping Thommo out as staff. This past year has been an awesome learning experience for me, and I still have a lot more to learn. But like the title of this thread states...Real life can be a real pain in the ass.

Thommo and Bo knew this was coming, the rest of you were not aware, so I'm letting you in now.
Things have been quite unstable at work these past few months. Basically, for several reasons, we have been running short on staff and the budget doesn't allow for new employees. So we have all been shuffled around to cover the shifts that were short. I have always worked the night shift, which is how I'm able to race with you guys at my 3pm. But starting April 4th, I will be working from 7am to 3:30pm and getting home at around 4:00 to 4:15pm. Which means I'll be getting home when you guys have already started race 2 of the events.

The good thing is that I won't disappear completely (you all thought you had gotten rid of me eh? lol). I have one weekday off every week. This day is supposed to be a random/floating day. But I have requested that they try to give me as many Tuesdays and Thursdays as possible. I even managed to get most of the league Thursdays off (yay!!!). This is enough to take part in about half of the events, but it's not enough to continue my position as staff.

I will still help out any way that I can, whether it be with testing cars/tracks for a league or maybe skinning some of your cars or anything else that I may be able to help out with, given I have the time.

Please keep in mind that I'm stepping down because my new shift doesn't allow me to continue, and not because I don't enjoy my job here. You guys are an awesome bunch, Thommo is an awesome Boss, and RD is an awesome place to volunteer my time at.

I will miss setting up races for you guys and seeing the part in your race report where you thank me for it. Your gratitude for my time always meant a lot to me.

What a bummer, Carlos :frown:, but your career / employment is first priority.
Thanks for everything you have contributed to our Historic / GTL Racing Club, and it has been a lot. :thumb::thanks:

Hopefully, things are re-arranged again in the future and we can see you more regularly with us again. :pray:

Best wishes mate.

ah man thats a bummer sorry to hear that carlos, atleast you can still join us for races now and again,

big clap off hands from me for all you do as a staff member, and it still be good to catch ya on track when ya free to race,

What a bummer Carlos, I really enjoyed the extra work you put in our little community here (even though I was hardly able to attain 10% of all your events) I still kept monitoring the forum here like a true addict. The Pm's are a nice addition to improve communication & planning of events.
A thank you would be insufficient so I propose:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's sad news mate. You and stu are the best team around here. and your work is awesome GTL Club is the only club I race at RD because it is the best. The racing is always mega clean and always has been and that is down to the staff as much as it the members. Me and you have had some awesome race's (I must make that video of the mini's) I think more will come.

Your work and time has not gone noticed mate you have done a awesome job I really hope to see you on track soon mate

A tough call for you Carlos and a definite let down for all involved. Atleast you can still take part as a racer and things may swing the other way down the road to a better situation for you. I certainly hope so because things were so comfortable with you at the helm on Tuesday.

Boys, first let me thank you for your words, they mean a lot to me, and thanks for the banner Kris, I'm saving it to my HD m8.

I have some GREAT news to offset the crappy news that I can't go on...

A while ago, when it became apparent that this might happen, Thommo and I thought about Bo and how good a fit he would be for this stuff. When the shift change took place we decided to ask Bo if he wanted to come on-board and take over Tuesdays for me.

So Thommo went off to ask him.

A little while ago I get this PM from Thommo...
Stuart Thomson said:
He's on board mate :good:

I reply...
Carlos Diaz said:
It's great that he agreed, he's the right man for the job, Bo has great taste, he's well mannered, good tempered, and knows his old cars.

So needless to say, you lot are in very good hands and I can't wait to take part in Bo's events, there's a light at the end of the tunnel after all.

Lets give him a warm welcome.

BTW (Bo=Bob Hutchins)

First of all I want to thank Carlos for all his hard work & efforts bringing us so much joy on a Tuesday evening. He learnt his stuff from the governer Thommo & carried the ethos through. I have had many good races with Carlos & always found him very helpful but most of all great on track manners, although we have had our moments, it has always been fun. As he has mentioned I did know this maybe going to happen but hoped it never would but as real life is the defining factor here happen it did. I not going to say were going to miss you Carlos as you will still be around on the track when time allows so once again thanks for all you did for the GTL club and for sure I will be asking your opinions when I take up the mantale & hope I can do as good a job as you have done.

thank you for all your hard work carlos. you did a superb job. i hope that all this stupid real life issues will not have lot of impact in your virtual racing career:)
good luck bob a well. as carlos said you are the right man for the job.

First, a big thanks to Carlos for all the time & effort you have put into this. :thanks: I have been around only a short while, but in my opinion you guys managed to get something special going on here. I for one really enjoy myself here all the time.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

RL is always 1st priority though, let's hope it leaves you with enough free time to keep joining us here every now&then..

Thanks for stepping in Bob, good luck, looking forward to joining your races...:thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back