Re-mapping of G27 Shifter

El-ahrairah

Prince with a thousand enemies
Hi guys,

I've been thinking of this kind of idea for a while where I could re-map the gear-shifter on my G27 to do more useful things in F1 2011/12. These two being the racers I play the most.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, F1 2011 and 2012 by default have an in race menu system which is operated by using the d-pad on the shifter to cycle through fuel modes, brake bias and tire choice for your next pit stop. This, for me anyway, is very frustrating to use because you have to make multiple adjustments on this dpad to achieve optimal fuel and brake performance etc.

Something like this I imagine would have to be done outside the game client, where you would emulate the movements to, for example, change brake bias forward (which on the d-pad would be down (bring up menu), down (brakes), up(select front), up(apply setting)) to a simple movement of the gear shifter into what would be the 3rd gear position.

Has anyone ever attempted something like this? I know rFactor and other games have this kind of feature built in (where you can more accurately bind things like change brake bias), but I'm not trying to start a flame war.

I was going to say you could use JoyToKey and map any joystick button to keyboard keys if you wanted to. It's great software and very lightweight. JoyToKey has all kinds of uses.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the video. I followed all the steps on the video but am having issues. The bindings seems to work & change my bias to all 3 settings fine, but only if there is no other wheel input. i.e.; if I am stationery.

If I am racing as soon as I alter the bias using the gear shift stick a message pop ups (too quick to read), my game is windowed & I am then forced into the pause menu & the game selects a random option from the pause menu

Any ideas ?

Upvote 0
I managed to get a screen grab of the error message:
Image2.jpg

Error message "Waiting while the window is hung"

The code I have for brake bias forward is:

'D
wait 0.2
'D
wait 0.2
'U
wait 0.2
'U

I assume that is correct? Would REALLY love to get this working, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back