RDRC - Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lo and behold, classification problems seems to be solved! I figured out the way to sort by points, then by places (all 53 of them right now, will automatically adjust when there's need for more), and if all that is tied - by entry list position.

After doing that I'm taking Rick side of the discussion. More classes is still a go for me in the future of course :).

Thats a very good temporary solution Lukasz, but for me it has too many holes. I still think we should overhaul the the whole system and give points to every competing driver. It would prevent the odd fast pilot coming in once or twice and getting the upper hand on someone who is there every single round. Is this guy who make the RDRC alive and kicking, not the odd one.

I agree that we could increase the number of scored positions slightly, but scoring every single driver is not a good idea. I'm pretty sure we will see points even more spread out in this table, since plenty of fast drivers have yet to score a point. And just look how many different group N drivers got a few already.

With such a big field and only 2 classes another 5 or so scored positions would compensate for the ever so tight top spots grabbing most of the points. However I would be in favor of awarding 100 or so points to the winner and then quite rapidly decreasing the amount as we get down the ladder. After all we want to encourage being fast, even if not by all costs (that's what kinda kills the joy for me in some leagues), but still.

Personally I did take part in very small leagues, with as little as 4 drivers in a class and I had a blast. We all scored in our tiny Pugs 106s, but since there was no points for a DNF (crashing on the last leg of the event, no SR then) the fight "for the title" was still VERY fun and the fact that we knew who we are racing against added to the fun.

Another thing we could do right now is create a smaller "Cup" within the RDRC, with some sort of weaker/different car for drivers that would like to compete in something different mostly for fun with other comparable competitors. More points do deal is not the same, since you're still waaaaay back in the pack. It's more fun to be near the top in a weaker class, that's what I'm sure about. It's not a perfect idea and would require quite rapid organization, but wouldn't depreciate points or require "recompiling" of the results.

I'm tending to lean towards the idea that this should be a discussion about next seasons format, maybe we should see how this one pans out. :confused: Maybe Lukasz new table will help drivers see where they are in the "pecking order". It's not ideal either though.

I must say though, I find it hard to understand the objection to spreading some more points across the existing large grid ( because it might make it "too easy" to gain points ), but happy with increasing the number of classes to spread the existing points across a much smaller field in each class. Isn't that just achieving the same end result. It then becomes "easy" to gain points in the smaller class grid, but,also, now you are competing with "probably slower" drivers, making the size of the points haul even easier. :confused::confused:

Having said that, I actually favour increasing the number of classes, it helps solve the "competition between similar drivers" dilemma, but also adds the interest of newer classses and more variety for drivers who might enjoy different cars. :cool:

Oh where to start and where did I put that vodka.

Ok, this is getting bogged down into an argument.

Lets all take a step back let some others put their views in. I think we all know where we each stand now, lets hear from some of the other drivers that haven't put in their opinion yet.

Also, wouldnt some kind of re-division drivers help? I mean, the main idea was to slowers driver to fight with "humans" and compete with those at the same level... This very easily would be solved by one major rally event, where drivers would be moved to their own divisions by the results... for example, Premier league would stay only one (personally atm there is nothing wrong with Premier and everyone can enter the Premier if they want), but in Champ there would be divison A-C with 25 drivers in each, where in C would be the slowest drivers etc. raising up in A...but in the same class, because I really dont think if we make new classes with worser cars that it will take a part in the interest of drivers

no more problems with scoring and no more problems with enjoyment, because everyone will be able to compete against the same level...

I second Darisz' "worst score drop" for next season. It really helps in sim-racing because every now and then real life barges in and one cannot participate in any online gaming for say 10 days. Happens to everyone. Worst score dropped nicely takes care of that.

I can see both sides of the argument here and as a slower driver myself I find my feelings are mixed. On the one hand a greater opportunity to have my efforts rewarded and have a points fight with those around me does sound appealing, but on the other hand there is something satisfying about beating the odds and grabbing one of the few points positions at the moment.

Overall though I have no objection to extending the points a little (top 15 maybe?) this season with retrospective effect, so long as the relative points stayed in the same proportions and the extra points were very few. For next season I think more classes is definitely the way forward.

After much discussion between the organising team it has been decided. I personally did not involve myself in this discussion as the subject is one I have too firm a view on and therefore may not be as open as would be necessary. As a mark of respect to the drivers and the other members of the organising team I feel I should make this clear.

It has been almost unanimously decided that we should keep the current scoring system till the end of Season 2. It will need to be looked at before Season 3 (along with new Classes etc), but right now it works as it's supposed to and with the new sorting method it will still be possible to trace one's progress through the season.

Thank you to all those that put forward their opinions and suggestion and i hope in the end of season questionaire you all restate these views. I believe the RDRC team reacted well to the suggestions and ideas brought up in this thread (well done guys) and it gives all of the competitors here the confidence to bring up any concerns they might have. We are always willing to hear your ideas.

Since the decision has been made we will all find out what will happen in the end of the rally. It could be a good thing so that we can see if the normal scoring point is effective for this huge pack or drivers and 2 division. The experience we can learn from this is crucial to the improvement of RDRC.

Thanks for the Update :)

I got a suggestion about the "restart" joining, because we all know that we need to wait for 15min before starting the proper race, some of us use the computer/multi-task while waiting for the timer to "go" and that may lead to problems regarding the rscenter or even suddenly power outage/got dc'd from the net. my suggestion is that we will allow a rejoin for that driver but he/she will have a retired result on the first leg, the stages before the first service.

leg ex.

SS1 - Acct Ivato Rev (Normal/Day) - retired
SS2 - Greenhills (Normal/Day) - retired
SS3 - Newbobs (Mix mod/Day) - retired
Service
ss4 and so on.. can race now.

with these retired condition even though the person saw the weather for all the stages with lots of retired stages I think its gonna be impossible(unless he/she drives supernaturally) for him to rise up to score points position. These is to allow the drivers to still race the other stages but its his/her decision own decision to re-join.

my suggestion is only for those who got cut before the rally start, the directors can still revise these "rules" for further improvement.

I hope the RDRC Directors can review this suggestion.

Thank You

This type of situation will be discussed by the RDRC team and you will be informed if any changes will be made; only advice I can give to anyone wanting to multitask/not wait idly for 15 minutes is to launch the RSCenter and join the session as late as possible (without pushing it), like around 2-5 mins before the launch (SS1 kick off @T+15mins as we all know).

here#s a suggestion for next season which will reduce admin work tremedously: In real life WRC most of the rallys on the calendar are the same every year, also most of the stages in the rally are the same. variation (I have read) is sth. like 20%. We should do this, too and run some of the exact same rallys in next season, change some rallys a bit (up to four stages new) and do two completely new rallys.

That was basicly what this round was. Acct Rev was used last year, as well as Green hills, East-west, Prospect ridge and Mineshaft. New Bobs this year was resurfaced partly and Diamond creek was introduced.

While the events this season have been named differentely and include a couple of new ones you will find that we are running basicly the same stages as last season. Unfortunately we don't have enough stages to change them each season, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back