RDRC S4 Round 6 - Rallye Terre De L'Auxerrois (16th-19th June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the EU3 session :sick:

Everything went well for me, no major mistakes.

Well done Manuel, I guess your experience is your little advantage here :p, I knew I had to settle down behind you once we hit the final 3 stages :D

Anyway I'm glad I survived this very tough rally, I got the results I wanted and still lead in the overall points.

Thanks to the organizers and good luck to drivers for the next sessions :)

Well that started off badly but ended good.

First Loop - I started with the plan to take it easy and not push too hard. I think I backed off too much because I was driving like a granny. I had a 360 spin on SS1 which didn't cost me too much but on SS2 I had a really soft roll and had to call for help. No damage to the car mechanically just cosmetically but I lost about 50 seconds. Cue lots of swearing! My rally really got started on SS3. I decided I was going to try and get as much of that time loss back as I could. The new approach worked and I had a good run.

Second loop - Pretty much spot on on all the stages apart from clipping the tires on the first Pribram hairpin and then grazing a wall later on the same stage. My anti-virus decided to update in Harwood causing massive lag but I still ended up 2 seconds quicker than the first run. All decent times though.

Third Loop - I've discovered that my old scooby is better on the damp and wet gravel than the dry gravel. I think its' power defecit shows up less and the car flows really nicely. I went on Inters so I had to slither my way through the wet stage but a large number of folk on the server retired so my time wasn't too bad overall. Another good loop.

Fourth Loop - Same again. All good runs and I felt really comfy in the car. I clipped the armco a couple of times on the last stage but it didn't cost me any time.

Overall I'm a bit annoyed about stage 2 but I'm still hopeful of a good result in the class. I lost a minute in Ulster with a roll and still managed to win the class so fingers crossed.

Thanks to the organisers and good luck to the guys still to compete:thumbsup:

Think that went pretty well all in all, had 1 DNF which is a record unfortunately!

SS1 - Went well but slow, long stage so took it easy
SS2 - Pushed a bit more and had a big moment just after the first split but saved it!
SS3 - Moment when I heard a note wrong and kept the wrong side of a jump! :confused: then right at the end put it in the stumps but managed to get her out! And a overshoot to top it off at one of the junctions!
SS4 - Almost a massive roll at the downhill at the end but saved it again! How I don't know with the 720 deg wheel! The downhill bits scared me though!
SS5 - Better than the first run, OK
SS6 - Spun early on and took it easy after so not bad.
SS7 - Going well untill the medium right to slot to the end and lost some time trying not to hit anything.
SS8 - Retired 0.5km from the end :( the 300 into medium right, didn't see it in time and straight into the logs!
SS9 - Was ok, found it very slippy on the inters so just driving the h/pins and leaving her in 2nd to gain traction.
SS10 - Went well.
SS11 - Was better than 1st run, grip was a bit suspect though.
SS12 - Had an off but was ok.
SS13 - Few spins but alright
SS14 - More spins! but went ok I guess.

Overall a good event enjoyed it even if the fiesta was a bit tail happy on the gravel. Looking forward to the results and thanks to everyone who put it on!

Sion

Pretty tough conditions out there, but the Pug hold on in there and with a largely clean rally hopefully I've done enough to secure a decent result.

SS1-3: Eased into the rally fairly well with uneventful runs on the first two stages, but then lost some time on Harwood with a little trip into the scenery (although with no damage or cfh).

SS4-7: Got into a good rhythm now and was setting fairly consistent times without too much drama. Did have a scary moment on Bisanne though as I clipped the sign of death on the inside of the hairpin before the twisty section and I went up on two wheels with only the bank on the outside stopping me from fully rolling the car.

SS8-11: Things got a lot trickier with the damp conditions and SS9 proved be a real challenge with inters, but luckily I managed to escape with only a lost bumper. Took the class lead on EU3 as Viesturs and Jeff both suffered retirements.

SS12-14: Not much to gain, but a lot to lose in the slippery conditions at this point so I just focused on getting the car to the finish. Surprisngly finished 5th in the session and top of my class, although I expect a lot of fast guys from other sessions will be beating my time.

I raced in EU3 session, it was epic!

this time I raced with a proper computer I just got and no lag unlike last time :)

Fernando and I were looking forward to race here because we thought Magnar and Tiago (who we consider very dangerous rivals) were going to race in it too, everything was set for an epic Rally...

SS1 - Did a good effort in the night and set the second best time 4.4 seconds behind Fernando's superb time here.

SS2 - I won this one by 1.7 over Magnar and was now leading by .4 of a second.

SS3 - I wanted to extend the lead here but I made a big mistake and did half a spin, tried to recover and spun again, I lost 9.5 to Fernando and went down to 3rd overall.

Service 1 - I was 3rd 2.4 seconds behind Magnar and 9 behind Fernando.

SS4 - Wanted to set a very good time and hopefully take some time back from the guys in front but ended up overdriving and lost other 6.5 to Fernando who seemed to be very comfortable in this stage :thumbsup: . I was now 4th

SS5 - I felt good in this stage and set an OK time, took a second back from Fernando but lost 6 to Tiago in the stage.

SS6 - This time I didn't screw up and just kept safely in 5th gear in the fast sections, Tiago had problems it seems and Fernando got 3 seconds more in front.

SS7 - I like this stage, I remember it from Rally Japan - Hokkaido last year, kept it cool and won it, took 1.5 seconds back.

Service 2 - I was 2nd because of Magnar and Tiago's problems, a big 17 seconds behind Fernando.

SS8 - Fernando's stage, unsurprisingly he set a great time, I did a special strategy and chose wet tires for this loop of stages knowing that they would be useful for the very wet stage, good effort but came 6 seconds behind Fernando :x3: I was a massive 23.4 seconds behind him in the overall standings in 2nd with Magnar very close just 4 seconds behind.

SS9 - My strategy worked perfectly and even though it was extremely wet and very hard to drive, it was a superb time 10 seconds faster than anyone else, slashed the lead to 12.5 seconds.

SS10 - Took 4 seconds back with my wet tires, I started to think that winning the rally was still possible.

SS11 - Won the stage by .5 of a second.

Service 3 - The strategy worked great and now there was only 7.5 seconds separating Fernando and me going into the last 3 stages.

SS12 - I could fit proper tires for this last loop of stages, this was Fernando's ussually great stage so I thought that taking time back from him was crucial here, I did and was now only 3.3 behind him, Magnar won it by 1.5

SS13 - The stage were I took 10 seconds back, won it again and to my big surprise I was now leading by .7 of a second.

SS14 - The last stage, only .7 between us, I kept it clean but didn't slow down, took 7 seconds from him and won the session. By exactly 7.72 seconds wich is almost nothing :confused: compared to the times we differences we ussually see here.

I was soo surprised and happy to have won the session, I had sweat in my eyes :laugh:

Good luck to the guys who are still left to run and thankyou very much to the organizers.

Well done Manuel, I guess your experience is your little advantage here :p, I knew I had to settle down behind you once we hit the final 3 stages :D

Exactly 1 year this month from simracing - RBR. You were propery, incredibly fast mate, some of your times left me like: :confused::confused::confused:

Cheers, see you on the next round!

Very bad rally for me again. In the beginning I had some problems because the lack of trainning with the rallyesim physics. In stage 2, I went of road and lost some time. The next stages I tried to recover some time.
Stages 4 and 5, the only stages that I doen't had problems or spins. Lost one and won the other with some margin.
Stage 6, just keeping the car on the road, but made an error when tried to cut one corner. Result of that, call for help.

The rest of stages, mistakes after mistakes...

Positive things, the pace of top 4 with a good fight.

See you all in the next one. I'll try to make some tests before the rally.

Thank you.

Had to use reverse gear a few more times that I like to on this rally. Only major problem was a very slow skid off the track on SS9 in the rain on intermediate tires. That resulted in an automatic CFH and a bit of frustration. That frustration got to me on SS10 where I kept losing control on the switchbacks.

Otherwise a pretty good rally considering I hadn't touched RBR since the last rally until an hour before tonight's run. I've gotten back into iRacing for now.

****.. Had some internet problems and finally just before end of ss4 it threw me back to windows. So that´s it for me, My nerves can´t handle technical issues

Good luck everyone

Yikes!! The last time I saw someone have that problem, they had to re-format, re-install Windows, and re-install everything to fix it.
Hope you don't have to do that. :sick:
Sounds scary!
Sometimes when downloading a stage I get the message "7-zip Console has stopped working" This message has been appearing for the last two days, but usually I then can run the stage as normal. However when I was downlaoding SS9 I first had the 7-zip console message, Then I got the message that the installation of RSRBR is unvalid and then I was back in windows.
Does anyone have a clue what to do next?
Best regards
Magnus

Huge disappointment. For the first time I did not experience any fun at all driving, all I really wanted to do was withdraw from the whole thing. Only 1 DNF should possibly put me within top 10 in the class, but I can kiss tha championship-challenge goodbye after another disaster on wheels... :(

ss01 - Rolled into the armco and lost all the water.
ss02 - Rolled into a ditch - CFH
ss03 - Went slowly through the stage. Didn't expect to finish these 2 stages without any water.

ss04 - Slow and steady
ss05 - Slow and...er...well...slow
ss06 - Hit a wall and spun.
ss07 - Okay stage, but driving like a grandma

ss08 - Okay
ss09 - Wrong tyres, slippery
ss10 - Okay
ss11 - Okay

ss12 - Okay
ss13 - Okay
ss14 - Hit a tree - DNF

Well after very little practise i was just aiming to finish the rally without any issues, and sort of managed it!

Everything was nice and safe until ss9, when i damaged the radiator less than 1km from the end. Had to trundle through ss10 & ss11, which was very fortunate as these stages were the shortest of the rally. I think i was getting rather carried away in ss9, as i was just starting to get the hang of the 'scandinavian flick' into the hairpin bends, before pinging into a log fence! Gave myself a stern talking to and finished the rally safely, albeit probably a bit off the quickest guys in P-RDRC.

Still, i quite enjoyed that, so that's the most important thing!

Cheers Senad, Warren, Rick, Pete & Roy.

A rally without any practise and after the update 03 mini s2000 the physics are worst and i cannot create a good setup for this car !

A rally without problems in the majority of the stages ( with a normal pace ) unfortunely in joux verte and joux plane ( with fog) i lost more than 1 minute , with a bunch of spins and a call of help .

After many rallys absent , i hope i can enter in more rallys and have more practise with the new strange physics of mini s2000 .

Fernando your rally today its only for training ?? You do the session of EU3 right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back