RDRC S4 Round 4 - Ulster Rally (5th - 8th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh why yes it is. Just need to remember how often you need to go left before going straight:p

Still have to run, want some more practice and setup work. The funny thing is that I for example always forget which way on the suspension setup is stiff/soft. I love driving, not spending time fine-tuning, sadly:rolleyes:

EDIT: Graham:confused: All my rivals seem to have problems with this rally too!

• SS01 - steady, careful, no issues
  • SS02 - some hairy moments, but made it through without much drama. Very slow though
  • SS03 - damn, went off in the first right corner, took me a while to get out of the grass

Service
  • SS04 - got a bit cocky, but slight issues on braking for the hairpin put me back in my place :D. Safe to the end, 1 second slower than the first run
  • SS05 - wow, that was scary... Had two spins because of locked wheels. Narrowly missed some trees. Not good
  • SS06 - baaaah... Caught a tree on the inside of that hard left corner. Well, I guess I should be lucky it wasn't an instant retirement.
    Nice battle with Jack, 2 seconds between us now o_O
  • SS07 - hit the barriers in the first corner, had to reverse :(. Wish I had a non-wheel-button handbrake.
    Only 1 second between Jack and me now o_O

Service
  • SS08 - well, that's it. Hit the lamp post in one of the hairpins in sector 2. Engine dead
  • SS09 - again a retirement in sector 2. Car bounced off those potholes at the straight bit, and went for the trees
    I almost thought of retiring there, but I just love tarmac mod stages, had to continue :)
    Wish I had the skill and willpower to set up my suspension. A lot of time can be gained by getting that right...
  • SS10 - decent run, no issues

Service
  • SS11 - hit something again, but the car lived this time. Damaged car though, handling. I'll probably retire on the fast Chirdonhead bits again
  • SS12 - that was awesome! This is definitely going in the video :D. High speed section (well, it's Chirdonhead, they're all high speed sections), went off in style; the car launched itself over a crest, had huge air time, and ended up in the tree stumps. The car lived, but the gearbox was broken. That was the icing on the cake :D. Spend a lot of time shifting up and down, trying to engage any gear, and slowly got it up to 50 km/h, and finished like that :D
  • SS13 - repaired the car for a final RSI3 run, so a retirement here
  • SS14 - hoped for a good run here, but small mistakes everywhere

Still love the tarmac mod. But not the regular RBR tarmac stages. Go figure :D

Thanks to Rick for organizing the whole thing, and thanks to Warren for helping with the sessions :)

Good luck to everyone who still has to run

• SS12 - that was awesome! This is definitely going in the video :D. High speed section (well, it's Chirdonhead, they're all high speed sections), went off in style; the car launched itself over a crest, had huge air time, and ended up in the tree stumps. The car lived, but the gearbox was broken. That was the icing on the cake :D. Spend a lot of time shifting up and down, trying to engage any gear, and slowly got it up to 50 km/h, and finished like that :D
this. This is why I failed so badly in chirdonhead TWICE and falstone :(
did have an epic battle with you though Senad, was most excellent ^^
Bergheim was awesome as usual, especially since figuring out how to do the gravel bit properly ;)
Next rally I wish to race under a different team (Just me promoting my company :p ) I hope this is okay.
same car and everything, just different sponsors ^^

Thanks Warren, Rick and Senad for setting this up, couldn't do it without you ;)

...but can we refrain from using original stages with tarmac mod? its kinda.....yeah. :p

• SS1 - Took it nice and easy but still managed to spin, (gave it too much handbrake)
  • SS2 - Not sure why but I managed to roll the car here and had to CFH (have to check the replay)
  • SS3 - Car would not start must have had too much damage from the previous stage. Retirement.:(
  • SS4 - Completed this stage but very slow.
  • SS5 - Too many little spins wasting a lot of time here.
  • SS6 - Another completed stage but again very slow.
  • SS7 - I think I loaded up the wrong set up here but made it round. Slow again.
  • SS8 - Took it very easy on this stage because I did not want any damage for the next 2 stages.
  • SS9 - I hit a bump and ended up in the tree stumps but the car seemed undamaged. Just got round the last bend when I spun out and hit a tree. Retirement.:(
  • SS10 - Completed this one with a slow time.
  • SS11 - Again my plan was not to push too hard at Berghiem to save the car for the following stages. Failed as I had a retirement.:( (my frame rate in the start loop here drops to half of what it usually is)
  • SS12 - Had a CFH when I lost concentration and slid off the road.
  • SS13 - Completed with a slow time
  • SS14 - Loaded the correct set up this time. I hit a bale (just a tap really) and broke the gears, I did most of this stage in 1st gear.
Thanks to everyone who organised this event, :thumbsup: hope to do better at the next round.

Well I made it to a RDRC Round at last, although I have been pretty sick for the past week. :sick:

Mitsubishi coaxed me out of retirement as a guest driver in their old Lancer 08 Evo 9, since they wanted to be represented to balance all the Citroens and Fords in A-RDRC. I had very little experience with this car, but I was very wary of it's fragile reputation, so my aim was to see if I could bring it home in one piece. That meant that I had to be more careful than usual, and this Rally proved quite a challenge for me.
I was rather rusty and made lots of small mistakes, bouncing off the road at Tanner II into the bush on SS1 and SS4 (those bumps can be nasty), had a couple of embarrassing slides at Pirka II, and made a mess of SS14 by hitting the tyres in the last chicane thingy :( .
However, Bergheim probably cost me the most time. I had no experience with it, and it had me worried, so I took things too carefully ( and still made some boo boo's :redface: ).

Anyway, I achieved my goal of finishing all stages without wrecking the Evo, but I think the setup needs some serious work to handle those bumpy stages. I think Mitsubishi were pleased to see their car returned in fairly reasonable condition. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%