RDRC S4 Round 2 - Coffs Harbour Rally (24 March - 27 March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for your problem Fernando, good effot nevertheless. I'm sure that your ace driving can still give us some valuable points regardless of the last stage.

Great to see a new winner For his session this time newcomer Tiago with some great driving, finally a challenge :D

Thanks to the organizers, looking forward to the results

It's 4am here, I'm well rested and I'll be driving in US4 session. I don't expect much from this rally regardless of the time. I'll be lucky if I finish without any retirements and that is my goal.

keep your eyes wide open! big crashes happen at night most of the time :D

Whoever did Pribram R, I hate it. The surface is so bumpy I can't get to speed, the car's jumping around(I have no idea what I should with suspension to make it better). But it feels so different I can't drive it at speed.

...and put the spectators somewhere else, they are in the way!:(

Also, my steering seems to get bend easily, no way I can push like that, I should be happy I have no DNF's after 7 stages...

It actually quite interesting stage, when its tarmac (the original surface). I like all the czech stages. But spectators, I just think it wasnt meant to be in reverse. When you drive in the correct dirrection, those spectators doesnt really disturb you.

One of my best runs to date. Got off to a slow start in the fog. Then had three spins on Mineshaft at high speed managing not to hit anything too hard and was only 15-20 seconds off my best times. From there each stage got better and better, concluding with my best run yet at Pribram R in which I missed the Kate Moss-thin spectator standing in the middle of the last turn by pulling the side view mirror in at the last second.

Can't wait to get the results back and find out just how much faster everyone else was with no effort.

My rally wasn't all that bad in the end. I didn't manage to finish all stages but luckily Mineshaft was the last stage before repair service. I forgot that big jump could do a lot of damage so I went for it. It damaged my engine and I was losing fuel. Engine stopped just as I managed to exit the last corner of the stage, some 20 meters before the finish. :(

After that misfortune I didn't have that much trouble till SS7. There I hit some people on the narrow downhill section after I clipped the banking with my rear end and that threw me into them on the other side.

Although I didn't have much practice and I didn't work on my setup my times were OK but nothing special. Maybe I'll score some points in Grade 2 and for my team.

Absolutely brilliant rally!!
Apart from a couple of mishaps in the early stages and a big whoops in the second to last which led to retirement (first ever in S4 :p )
it was a excellent rally!
Apparently if I relax and just concentrate on nothing but the road, I can cash in some pretty good times ^^
Will never probably reach grade 2 though, the Peugeot S2000s are just too quick for me to catch up to :p
on the whole, great job guys. Replays to follow.

Fantastic rally! Not a single CFH or any major mistakes, a few close calls but luck was on my side this time. My pace probably wasn't the best but I think I have a chance to score a few points. Nevertheless it was great fun and hopefully I can keep this up. :)

SS1: Started very carefully and the car felt very slippery, clean run but a bit too slow.
SS2: Still slippery but a decent run.
SS3: Felt very good and pushed near the limit and I´m very satisfied with the result. :)
SS4: :mad: Was too excited after ss3 and hit a bench at the beginnig and spinned, lost too much time :/
SS5: Didn´t spin, rolled over instead :D But luckily landed the right way and didn´t need to cfh. :)
SS6: Again very good result in Mineshaft, atleast for me :) But was so happy after the stage that I forgot to save my replay. Damn, maybe too much adrenaline in my blood :p I really hope I don´t get disqualified because of that mistake :/
SS7: Hmm, I lost my concentration after my stupid mistake after ss6. I hit a wall at the very beginning of pibram but luckily didn`t brake anything, and after the "first lap" I missed the tight right hand turn and went to the finish area, lost much time finding my way back :D
SS8: An average result, clean run.
SS9: Clean but slow run, I have never liked USA stages and was driving very carefully.
SS10: Same as ss9
SS11: Pretty decent only minor mistakes..
SS12: Spinned in a top speed straight :p Was pretty mad after that :D
SS13: Better than first time, pushed a little bit more.
SS14: Again, better than first. Managed to finish clean and pretty fast :)

Not a chance to session win, Aleksi were flying :)

Thanks to the organizing team, again awesome.

Manuel, you do realise that there are three more sessions to run, (and scrutineering).
It would show courtesy to other drivers if you saved your congratulations until the Rally has finished. :rolleyes:

I was talking about the session, Fernando told me Tiago won. Don't mind if you think it shows courtesy or not, the guy who is showing the least courtesy saying that in public is you. And the bunch of idiots agreeing

LOL. It's hardwired I guess, nothing anyone can do.

?

It actually quite interesting stage, when its tarmac (the original surface). I like all the czech stages. But spectators, I just think it wasnt meant to be in reverse. When you drive in the correct dirrection, those spectators doesnt really disturb you.

Ah yes, reverse. They were just perfect to hit there outside the corner:p

The stage record is in the 2 or 3 minutes WTF. I guess it means the normal tarmac configuration...

My rally was ok. I had 2 small errors and lost some time there but i had not speed to follow Tiago anyway, you had some great times in that run!!!.
In the first loop i drive on dry tires, i don't think that was a good idea.
The first miss was in ss 2 where i slide off the road and stopped right before i hit a couple of trees, but i struggled to get back to the road. Then on ss 10 i must have hit a rock or something early in the stage and damage the suspension a bit. Because the car was a little bit strange to drive. And when i brake into a corner the rear of the car just stepped out and i went off the road. I dont hit anything but had to back up on the road again.

The rest of the rally was goood for me and i felt wery sorry for Fernando's bad luck on the last stage. Otherwise you had finish ahead of me. Nice fight but you was just a little to fast for me.

Big thanks to the guys for make this events possible.

Warren, If i could hit that 'like' button 1000 times, I would, with bells on :rolleyes:

Man, I thought you were better than that. That is a nonsense thing and you're making a big thing out of it. If there was a dislike button I'd press it 1000 times per day to your post, that was a great demonstration of your courtesy there ;) I made sure to block you, thanks John. Worst thing is I was talking to Tiago and regarding his session win that has nothing to do with you :rolleyes: same goes for Daniel, Jeff, Olli, Tero and Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back