RDRC S3 Round 3 - Rallye Terre De L'Auxerrois (27 Aug - 31 Aug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rally was great and I had no trouble with BTB stages. Weather was OK and I had one retirement on SS8 but that was because of my mistake on SS7 where I locked my wheels and hit the wooden fence that as we all know is not very friendly with engines. So I was glad I could continue but my engine was overheating and was dead 2km from finish on SS8.

This round was very different from the last. It was more difficult and not that fast so I'm not that disappointed with my times. In the last leg I increased my pace so I hope I did OK.

With only one retirement and no CFH or running into bystanders maybe I'll score big for my team and myself we'll have to wait and see how others do.

Good luck guys and I hope that your computers behave themselves so you can run on every stage.

Did my run along with Dubravko - enjoyed the event except for a three silly mistakes one which cost me time on the wet stages. The 1600 was struggling up the steep hills and on the fast stages but it didn't detract from the enjoyment - thanks to the organizing team, great round and hopefully some points in it for me and the team.

Pete

SS1: Had a cfh, and two mistakes, not good.
SS2: Engine breakdown
SS3: Engine breakdown
SS4: Supremely fast me thinks! Felt like that tho
SS5: Fast as well
SS6: Slow fast, no traction on the wet gravel, but I did well I think.
SS7: The Same
SS8: The Same
SS9: Had a mistake that costed me 50 seconds...
SS10: Okay, nd DNF...
SS11: The best ever stage I've ever driven, it was so fast and I didn't do a mistake at all there. Hoping for a stage record. :rolleyes:
SS12: Had a CFH..

Replays: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20719795/Erik+Tveit+Replays.rar

I just need to it.. :)

results.png

SS1: Went well no mistakes
SS2: Also went well but nearly lost it when I went way sideways on a corner near the end.
SS3: Went ok a couple small mistakes but nothing big.
SS4: Another close call when I hit a wall, luckily I bounced off with no damage.
SS5: I hate this stage, but I made it through clean.
SS6: Felt like a pin ball and must of hit the railing on every single hairpin. Cant believe I didn't suffer any serious damage.
SS7: Bounced off just about every wall again, this time I hit one of the wooden walls which spun me around and caused my engine to over heat, but I made it through the stage.
SS8: I tried to make it through with overheating engine, but it died near end and I retired.
SS9: Finally I wasn't sliding everywhere, went well no mistakes.
SS10: Same SS9
SS11: Same as SS9
SS12: Still don't like this track and with int. tires I was sliding everywhere. Had a couple close calls but made it through.

Do i need to post replays somewhere else or is just here fine? http://www.mediafire.com/?092imn0fbi8c4ji

I did my run last night as I won't be able to go tonight as planned.
Jonathan Johansson was running at the same time and in the same class and I noticed especially on stage 5 a notable difference in our times, he was about 30 secs faster. After I had completed the rally I tried stage 5 in the car he was using applying my settings, in doing this I have realised that my setup has been wrong all season. After correcting my setup and re running stage 5 in my own car I was 2 seconds behind Jonathan'stime.
Round 3 with a dodgy setup went ok, I hit a couple of wooden barriers and spun on one of the stages and had to CFH on stage 8 (I think) after leaving the road, so apart from my setup error I had no retirements.

Had a pretty good rally at the start
ss1 went fine no big mistakes got used to the car and felt more confident
ss2 limbo this is where i thaught i could put in some good times (as i made the track lol) run went fine i didnt go flat out kept it safe but had a good time anyhow
ss3 i think i ended up in a ditch here and had to call for help, otherwise it went fine
ss4 limbo again, this time i went fast, really fast! but ended up in the woods at one time and lost alot of time...
ss5 not so good driving but i guess it went okay, no big damage to the car either
ss6 this was very hard to drive at night but i made it to the finish
ss7 i really cant remember but i think i had some incidents here too
ss8 same as ss7 but with gearbox failure i think
ss9 this was very hard i think i had a few incidents again..
ss10 engine died after 60% of the stage and i had to retire
ss11 did repairs...
ss12 just drove to finish on this one, no mistakes

Very tricky stages, those french ones are really hard but it was a great and fun first rally for me :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play