RDRC S3 Round 1 - Rally of Norway (16 Jul - 20 Jul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Yann,the problem is that i can't be at home tomorrow and wednesday....Now I have solved the problem,it was an audio problem...Senad or who can create a race...can you create a race for tonight?for 23:30 for me it's ok,or later if it's a problem for you...thank you!!!

Norman is handling the sessions from this season onwards. And as per rules:

ONLY the sessions that drivers nominate for will be created. There will be NO extra sessions will be created once the round commences. The ONLY exception to the creation of extra sessions will be in the case that the organisers make an error with session creations or should a server issue force competitors not to be able to drive.

Norman is handling the sessions from this season onwards. And as per rules:

ONLY the sessions that drivers nominate for will be created. There will be NO extra sessions will be created once the round commences. The ONLY exception to the creation of extra sessions will be in the case that the organisers make an error with session creations or should a server issue force competitors not to be able to drive.

Ok...I have understand...0 point in the first round for me...

wow had an absolute mare!!! still enjoyed it tho :) one question tho and it may sound noobish lol the last 3 stages was mixed surface so i just went with snow and they were like driving on skis lol which is best for mix mod

Usual mix of good and bad
ss1 Good start
ss2 Went off, damaged rad
ss3 Took it easy to nurse car to end
ss4 Off followed by a big roll, steering damaged, gutted!!
ss5 Hard going wih faulty steering, kept it steady
ss6 Two off's could'nt keep it on the road, CFH x2, still got to end of stage
ss7 Good run
ss8 Good run
ss9 Good run
ss10 2 Spins
ss11 Good run
ss12 1 Spin
Really enjoyed Rally , found ss10 - 12 a real challenge
Thanks to all

what to say.

Never running cam hack ever again(keyboard fell of my keyboard tray and reduced my FOV, so i drove into a tree)

on the start line i slightly adjusted my position and when i put my keyboard down it hit the windows media player button and as you know, you cant Alt Tab back in.

And the bloody photographers need shooting, jesus christ.

Will be here for the second round tho :D

brilliant, apart from the same clock setting problem like Yann (only a reboot with 5mins to go would make it work) everything worked fine here.
Ended the rally about 45 secs off my target time because of a totally messed s01 where i killed bystanders twice and had one more CFH (overall loss about 70 secs ... the nerves). I also flipped the car big time in s05 and had the mother of all wobbles front left after that but still managed to get 7th fastest on Mlynky Snow, lol.
My best run was the first Sikakama run, where I beat my projected time by almost 35 secs, it just flowed nicely. Had a great battle with my teammate Roman all through the rally, he ended up some 25 secs or so ahead, some stages we were as close as 1.5 secs! ast stage people seemed to have lost concentration, I ende up 4th in my session, best result of the evening, lol.
very nice layout, great turnout as usual on Monday night, cannot wait for results, will probably end up just outside of points, Roman might grab one for the team.
Thx Norman, Senad and Rick (hope I didn't forget anyone) great event as usual, great choice of mod/weather.

Phew!

Well when i started on SS1 Pribram I had nerves and drove really slow (but safe) ended up in a fence and spun one time but thought I did overall okey on the first stage. When I saw the timeboard and noticed I had been beaten by a Renault Clio Williams, then I knew I had to step up my game.
Earlier my team leader had said to play it safe and get points rather than risking everything on a retirement. But that wasn't the case, I drove hard and fast and I payed up on SS2. Best time among the Rookies, not an overall great time.

on SS3 Mlynky Snow was up, and thats a stage I got zero to nothing experience with, Its risky with the drops on the right side and you gotto keep your cool, In fear of losing to the Renault team again, I pushed yet more ended up beating them and some unlucky higher grade drivers.

SS4 Pribram again, I knew the Clios had the advantage with the long stretches and high max speed, I pushed more than my first run on it and ended up on a 12th overall there, clean run with not much mistakes.
I ended up pushing all the way with great success throughout SS4-6, no huge mistakes and I was ahead of the other Grade 4 drivers that suffered from some retirements.

SS7-9 was some awesome stages! I managed to have a nasty roll on SS8, ended up damaging something on my left wheel. The right turns ended up being rather easy (sliding nice through them) but the left turns where a nightmare, struggled with keeping the car on the road. Ended up losing some time on that stage but I finished it. SS9 was pretty demanding on me aswell with the broken wheel, ended up pretty decent considering my roll on the previous stage.

SS10-12
The first stage was a nightmare, I felt my car sliding all over the road and I think more than me had the same problem, I got a pretty good position considering my low HP FWD car.
SS11 was the better of the three, I felt the grip was abit better there but I ended up pushing more than I could handle and had a nasty roll there aswell. No huge damage on the car, broken windscreen and something with one of the rear tires(they kept making a strange sound) SS12 was the same as SS10, really hard to get decent grip there, I managed to slide my way through and got into a good position beating some of the s2000 drivers.

All in all I ended up on a 6th place in the EU3 group (which is the biggest) So im pretty darn impressed with myself.

I didn't want to let the team down, so hopefully I score some points here making Rick happy :D I kinda felt I had to give it my best seeing as it was a rally in my home country.
Id like to thank Rick and JME Rallysport for helping me out with setup and tips on driving, aswell as the awesome new skin they provided me. Special Thanks to Nigel and Pete for helping me developing this setup way back on a Clubrally event.

And a huge thanks to the organizers for making a great rally! So far the one im the most pleased with (even tho the gravel on SS10-12 was more like ice with tarmac tires :p )

One of the toughest rallies I think I've done here and definitely one to forget for me.

Still not quite used to the new car and so took the first few stages very carefully, but managed to set a reasonable pace until Stage 5. there I started to push a little harder, but that proved to be a mistake as went off track and just managed to avoid a marshal, but got stuck because of that and so had to call of help. Stage 6 proved equally frustrating as I slid off at a hairpin, straight into a photographer and lost yet more time.

The 2nd half of the rally started a little better, but then came my bogey stage, Autiovaara, where I made the same 2 stupid mistakes I always seem to end up making on that stage and lost another minute. Worse was to come though as a firewall alert kicked me out of fullscreen mode on Stage 11 and forced me to abandon the stage, before another round of clumsiness on Autiovaara to finish my rally.

Whaaaaat a rally! Compliments to Rick on the stage/conditions selection - v v challenging stuff.

Opening round of a new season, I was taking things cautiously, probably a little too cautiously.
But by the mid-point, I was involved in a nice four-way fight with my own team mate, Hubert, as well as Ben, Tor and Mark J for 2nd place.

Things continued well, until SS 10, where I whacked a sapling and bent my steering, making turning left a leery experience.
On the final stage I made my first big mess of the evening, rolling the car and having to call for help. Now it felt like it was driving on three wheels with the fourth in the air. 45 seconds to the guys in front and over 2 minutes buffer to the guys behind, I drove it home like grandma.

Ended up third in EU3, totally drained and hopeful for a couple of points. :D

Replay link (since there are only 5 people in A1 class)

Had a decent rally, won 6 out of 12 stages and on the other half had a crash that took the stage away, with a retirement on SS1 when I hit a post that I slowed down to specifically not hit.

Have to say a huge congrats to Corey for his first RDRC rally, he took the stage win on SS1 (though he was in a S2000 vs. my S1600 car :wink:) and finished second in US3, well done Corey :thumb:

Really fun and challenging rally! Nice way to start off the new season.

Happy with my run, aside from a few mistakes it went pretty well. Really like the car and look forward to seeing how the field will shape up in the JRDRC.

I have just rolled out the teams Peugeot 306 S16 for a practice run on the rally. With all blown to bits in the Xsara WRC, I now have time to enjoy the rally in a more relaxed car to drive :)

SS1: caught a house with the front of my car, with the tiniest of margins.
SS2: bad, very bad. Plus, water temperature getting really high :eek:
SS3: took it easy, didn't want to kill the engine completely, and the stage frightens me. One CFH.

SS4: massive, and I mean massive crash. Full throttle on a straight, just after I started the second loop. Caught a rock or something on the right side, and my car became a Catherine wheel.
SS5: nothing special
SS6: took it nice and steady, no mistakes. 40 seconds faster than my first run in the daylight :D

SS7: great, just when the stages I actually like come up, I retire due to a bug of some sort: http://www.racedepartment.com/rd-ra...-s3-chat-questions-feedback-5.html#post877447
SS8: one of my favourite stages, but thoroughly pissed, rolled it twice, ended up with a 45 degree positive camber, and an extremely unstable car very early on. Torture.
SS9: horrible, with a capital horrible. The car was unpredictable, I was having ridiculous offs. And it's not even good TV, it probably looks like I have Parkinsons.
If anyone's bored, and needs a chuckle, here's the replay: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6335348/rd reliji/rdrc/ssubasic-r1-ss9.rpl - N4_2 pack, Subaru Impreza N11, Finland - Autiovaara - Snow Mod - Good weather - Daylight

SS10: this brought me back. Never driven these stages before, was a nice experience, had fun :good:
SS11: bri-lli-ant :D
SS12: same problem as in SS8-9. It's like my N11 has been changed in the updates... It's never happened before.

Thanks to Rick, great rally, and to Norman for his fancy sessions work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes