RDRC S3 Round 1 - Rally of Norway (16 Jul - 20 Jul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehe yes :D very quick and synchronized answers!
I will try tomorrow just for fun and to see if the problem happens again =)
Hopefully it wont happen so often...

And good luck to everybody thats still in the rally!

A nice easy, grippy rookie set of stages to ease us all into the season....(are u nuts? lol)
Thanks again to all who organised and all the competitors!!
Welcome to all the new drivers for this season.

Great fun, had a retirement and many off's, but was brillaint, and intense!

jc

First rally of the season done, and just that done.
I can't say that I'm satisfied with more that Sikkama the first time, on all other stages I had more or less problems (based on the drivers misstakes) but still a lot of fun.
Hard to say how I will stack up to the competion as I wasthe only J-RDRC car after stage 3.

Have to wait until the results are posted

After my idiot mistakes on SS1 and SS4 I drove the rest of the stages in pure anger. This meant that I was going more or less flat out everywhere, doing everything far to violent. As I drove on Sikakama, and still did not feel the good connection with the car that I got under testing, I found that I lost interest. Retired on SS10 as a result, and will propably park the car for good, returning in a car I feel more at home with for the next round...

Sorry to Rick and Norman for wasting your time on this, and a big thanks for actually giving me the possibility to do so :tongue: I will try to still do the rally in some other cars as a test and for fun, as the original snow-stages in the game are some of my absolute favorites :)

Monday:
  1. Norman Biscuits - got_biscuits - EU3
  2. Eckhart von Glan - EckhartvGlan - EU3
  3. Dariusz Swiderski - swider - EU3
  4. Nigel Atkins - Marmiteman - EU3
  5. Hubert Smolders - Smoldering Biscuits - EU3
  6. Pete Mull - SilverRallier - EU3
  7. Daniel Tønsberg - Xull - EU3
  8. Norbert Serban - SeNor - EU3
  9. Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - EU3
  10. Chris Williamson - Kurisu166 - EU3
  11. Simone Demi - simonedemi - EU3
  12. Hugo Barbosa - Unhas - EU3
  13. Mark Birney - Sparky245 - EU3
  14. Daniel Lovett - Dan27 - EU3
  15. Matt Leonowicz - MattLeon - EU3
  16. Troy Ament - tromoly - US3
  17. Aaron DeMarre - smokee - US3
  18. Bob Luneski - boblu - US3
Corey Twyman - theFlash - US3

I need to practice more. Not sure if my teammate will make the first round.

Hmm RSCenter crashed again at SS3... so I guess it didn´t like that stage very much :p
Is this a common error? Maybe I need to download some patch or something?

Anyway hopefully next rally will work out better!

Just finish my first RDRC event, I did manage to complete all stages but I did roll it a couple of times.
I think nerves got to me to start with and I just could not get that first hairpin at Pribram, the in other stages maybe over confidence led to some errors. Guess I'll just have to wait and see how slow I was.
My replays are here http://www.mediafire.com/?iyx97da55a9pm

Oh gosh!! It was one hell of a rally! I crashed in the first ss & dnf :( but........ loved it to the core :) Mix mod was superb, crashed in all & loved the quickly changing traction. My best was ss4 I guess, was kind of flat out with controlled aggression & it paid off well, I think will make a video & post it. Last ss was terrific, rolled over multiple occasions & made up my mind to finish & avoid a dnf. I wished only to have my driving rig finished in time! It was an hybrid rig system for me from past few months, all 3 pedals with the rest on keyboard.

Thanks for the organisers for giving an superb kickstart of the new season, all the best for the rest of the pilots! God speed! :)

EDIT: My replays here http://www.mediafire.com/?c2qqccv5tkks8

Guys, I couldn't make it for the session I signed in for, so going in for the US2 session right now! Hope its okay, as it was in season 2 :)

It's fine by me, I'll be setting up all sessions anyways - and it gives people the flexibility to change without me having to keep an eye on the thread :)

I think the most important thing is that you sign up for the event before the Thursday night deadline, so that you are elligble to score points.

I have problems with Mlynky stages, because while loading the game is quiting into RSRBR Center! What is going on? I couldnt participate in event?! It is problem!

Same problem as Daniel

From the rules:

In an effort to make sure these stages run smoothly in the event themselves, these stages are listed below to allow any RDRC driver to test them completely. Should a driver experience difficulty running these stages because of random failures or high graphics level requirements they should report this to the event organisers no later than 6 weeks prior to the start of the event using that stage.
As adequate time will have been given for all drivers to make sure these stages work for them and their system, NO leniency will be given for drivers failing to finish a stage or rally due to technical difficulties, power, system or hardware failures or just giving up. NO re-runs will be permitted under ANY circumstances. It is the drivers responsibility to ensure their system is updated and running smoothly, not the directors.

I have problems with Mlynky stages, because while loading the game is quiting into RSRBR Center! What is going on? I couldnt participate in event?! It is problem!

Same problem as Daniel

I've only tested it off-line and it seems ok to me.
Have you tried changing your graphics resolution to lower settings?
Maybe try changing your V Synch setting (if you have it turned off).
As a last resort, try removing the FixUp.dll from the Plug-Ins Folder.

Just guessing here but you need to try something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%