RDRC S3 Chat, Questions, Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost every single event at RD starts at 19:00 GMT in the summer (and 20:00 GMT in the winter) - and pretty much always has done, as far as I can see.

Having identical start times on each day ensures everyone knows when a session is available over a Championship weekend.
Mixing that up is only going to lead to tears and confusion, imo, and I'm hesitant to go down that path.

These rounds are only once every three weeks - surely it's not impossible to work your schedule around that to get in an OC session or to have one late night if you have to EU it?

Time is fine for me, and i'm in Belgium zone, an hour later then UK time.

Indeed, only once each 3 weeks is not that much.
If it gets too late, i just don't hold breaks between stages at the end. That helps speeding it up a bit more.

For me, the extra stages take me to beyond 2200 UK time which is the end of my day and the time at which I am most tired. I suspect for most other people in the UK it is almost at the end of their day, particularly in the summer months. You wouldn't have to create any new sessions, perhaps just run the weekend EU sessions at earlier times, surely that would also be better for competitors in the EU as well.

As I mentioned before, the times seem to suit almost everyone in the Rally Club, and that's why they're used here too.
18 GMT might work for you two, but 19 works and has been working for everyone else for a while now. If one session is moved for you, it might inconvenience someone else. These times were picked because they seem to work for the majority for the past few years.
I'm not handling the sessions anymore though, so Rick or Norman could comment on your idea.

A couple of more things to consider. Practically every other RD event starts at the same time. RBR also has an advantage over circuit racing, in that you can get up and get a drink or stretch or whatever at any point. Also, 12 sessions over 4 days is 11 more than any other league or club event.

Guys, why don't you try the Rallysimfans plugin once? :) In that plugin, you can set a lot of stages per rally, you don't have to create 12 sessions/round, and it has got almost every addon tracks and cars which is available in the RSRBR plugin. :)

Guys, why don't you try the Rallysimfans plugin once? :) In that plugin, you can set a lot of stages per rally, you don't have to create 12 sessions/round, and it has got almost every addon tracks and cars which is available in the RSRBR plugin. :)

Mostly because of inertia, LOL. RSRBR has been used for a while here, so everyone rallying on RD uses it, has experience with it, and there are resources built around it.

Is there a limit in team drivers?
I mean, is it like only 2 drivers allowed in the same team?

Yup, 2 drivers per team:
RDRC rules said:
Each team MUST consist of 2 drivers, both driving the same car but do not have to be in the same driver grade.
You can create a couple of teams under the same banner though, there are a few of those: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3271863/points/RDRC S3 Round 1/teams_t.png

On a different note, there's also this in the rules:
Teams must be registered before the start of the first round of the championship.

But I think that might be changed to 'you can register, but you won't be competing in the team championship'. You'll drive the same car, same skin, you can help each other out with setups or strategies, you can have a inside competition between the two of you.
Teams championship is more difficult to track, with several drivers, teams, cars, changes, etc, so the rule above was to make things easier for Norman.

In the RSCentre the car image for the Focus ST170 says it is 6 speed?

FordFocusST170-N3-Sloeb88.jpg

I only get 5 gears, is the game image wrong or am I missing a gear?

I didn't go into deep analyze mood but just to give you one example:

Team Terror Australis A ( nothing against you Warren :D ) got 40 points. How come?? Both of their drivers finished with 15 & 10 points respectively in outright. Thats 25 points. I can only presume Jeremy's 15 points from the P class has been added, if so why not Warren's ? Generally, what is the key of calculating team championship? All is very confusing to me......
JME Rookie.... 1st in team standings, got 43 points, just from their class ( R ) with 5 drivers in it.......
Then my team, Love & Hate, got 6 ( ! ) points, i really can't calculate where did that come from.......

This is all very confusing, you see what i mean Senad?

Can't see from where your 6 came from, but as far as other teams go, that's how Rick wanted it to be. It's to give the new guys in slow cars another thing to fight and come back for.

EDIT: team points are taken from the driver grade, so that might account for the apparent discrepancies.

Ufffffffffffff.....my brain is boiling......lol

All very confusing and overcomplicated.....why wouldn't be a grade 1 table so one can see and calculate himself where the team points come from....?
Anyway, that means most teams consisting of higher grade drivers won't stand a chance against other teams with lower grades drivers simply because of the difference in numbers of drivers competing in each grade.........or against teams with mix grades......

I wished i took more notice of the team calculating system before the start of the championship...............................
This system is simply wrong and not fair IMO............

I think the team-chapionship is buildt with the lower graded drivers in mind, though. To give them a shot of competing with the big guns :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes