RDRC S2 - Round 4 - Ulster Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rally Results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats to our winners, Sebastien in the Premier, and Norbert in the Champions league :trophy:

Stage wins
Norbert Leitner (C): 9 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Sebastien Levret (P): 8 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Jakub Sulej (P): 6 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Hubert Smolders (C): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Roy Magnes (C): 1 stage win :star:
Yann Laprevotte (C): 1 stage win :star:
Lee Palmer (C): 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to all who participated, and thanks to Rick for organizing the whole thing. :thanks: :rally:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Championship standings are up - see the opening posts.

Considering the fact that the rally was on my least favorite surface (as I'm 100% with Dariusz on this one) I can't complain about my 10th place. I only regret one mistake that threw me off the cliff on second run of Tanner. Those 30seconds lost here in a stupidest way might've put me in front of Warren.

I won't bother you with description of my countless spins (at least one every 2 stages, sometimes more). But some of them were REALLY lucky - often I found myself spinning in top gear, going over 100kph, with my hearth in my mouth, missing roadside trees by mere inches. Luckily I didn't damage my car too much throughout the rally, so I was able to crawl to the finish line.

In general the rally was pretty tight, top 10 overall separated by 4 minutes; 2nd-10th by little over 3 minutes.

Congratulations to Seb, Jakub and Eddie, really fast on this difficult tarmac round.

And damn, only 8sec between me and Simone, and Rick find a way between us...

Thanks to the staff and see you next round !

I just have to say, that being an Ulsterman, living in Ulster.... that was a very realistic rally, our tarmac is famous for being very bumpy, with no run off (stone walls/ditches usually). I can remember the WRC (real) chaps saying exactly what all of you lot said, and them having to use gravel setups for the bumps. We also have rough/shiny/smooth tarmac about every 2meters lol. One thing I will say is we where very lucky with the weather. On the days of the rally we had sunshine here in N.Ireland...... normaly its very very wet here!

Anywhoooooooo, thanks to all the team and all the drivers for a great nights entertainment.

(I will against form, not thank the marshalls, they appear to hate me and life and forever throwing themselves at my bonnet!! =o)

jc

First podium, very delighted of this, especially since I still consider myself as an RBR rookie, with still plenty of room for improvement.

Grats Sebastien and Norbert, great pace. Good racing Roy, looks like we were pretty much close together all rally long, though not being part of the same session. Looks like I mainly lost the place on my not so great pace on Japanese stages, I'll have to work again on them!

Overall I really enjoyed the rally, probably my favorite so far in the season. I especially loved the English stages, fast and floawing, with a lot of treacherous bumps. Very dangerous but attractive and addictive. Not a big fan of those Japanese stages though, they feel way too slow to my likings, and the absence of frequent scenary changes don't help to make them more attractive(I recall there was a discussion about this in the RBR section though, I'm aware this is not a problem of realism... but still).

RBR tarmac wise... I see a lot of people arguing it is unrealistic. I'm not a racing driver IRL so I can't give any constructive input, but indeed it feels really more grippy compaing to other sims I'm playing on, so I find it a bit odd overall, but still very enjoyable.

About tarmac mod, it indeed makes extremely bumpy roads on some stages. This is kinda unrealistic, okay, but honestly I'm not too much bothered about that. The absence on real bumps is IMO a default in many conventional sims, so it is very nice to have to master some on RBR, even if they tend to be a bit extreme in some situations.

See you all at next rally anyway(and next Rally Club event also!).

damn, just as I thought: I lost my 10th position in GroupN to Peter by messing up the very very last stage, I cannot believe it :( (hear a grown man cry in the background) he beat me by 5 secs and I lost 25 secs on my PB that stage. I need to kick sth. now ...

OK a little late,having a good rally despite my 29 place overall, thanks to Rick giving good setup tips for tarmac !!
Always a bit nervous on start up so SS1 an SS2 not that good SS5 was my best (4.02.60) an a 2.56.82 on SS6 not bat an on SS8 a PB 3.54.65.

One thing I had fore the second time now (R3 SS14) now on SS10,after 3 corners my steering went complete off (did hit nothing) in a right corner it go left an vice versa in a left, go off try again CFH an try again no way to drive the stage an hit esc.my only red ink !
Any idea about this ??

All an all prety happy with the Rally,Grats podium an thanks RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back