RDHPC - Round 6 @ Mount Panorama - Sun 8th March 2015

Stig Bidstrup

Jarek says " 900 degrees of rotation "
Premium
What a race... just when I thought I had a chance to win after Ross' problems at the start, I spun off at the Kink. And when I recovered p2 I spun at the weird chicane brakezone at the top of the mountain xD It was allright till the 1st corner of lap 15...

Exiting turn 1 and seeing Guilherme and Ross coming almost wheel to wheel out of pitlane right in front of me. It was amazing racing in the next laps, it was really fantastic :D Also going through the Kink side by side 2 times with Guilherme will remain in my memory for a long time :p Too bad the engine failed for him..at least I then had one peaceful last lap :)

Grats Ross, incredible pace today, well deserved title :)

Hey guys I thought it would be interesting to compare the setups, I really wonder what tire pressures, camber and springs you used :D
I had max camber, pressures around 210-215 and 50-45 springs, and 60-13 ARB. I'd also want negative diff power, how can the car understeer at full lock and full throttle :D I ran 15 power and 40 coast.
oki then, the race, camber:2.1-0.5 pressures( not symmetrical) LF 200 RF 194- LR 214 RR 207springs: 35-28 shocks F 4-3 R 2-3 ( higer than normal at rear because of Fuel load ) ARB:60-6power : 15 coast : 25 Ride height: F 11 cm R 10 cm. the set originated from a Firebird and was changed a bit ;)

Worthy final of an amazing league, thanks for all the fun!
The race started out very entertaining but unfortunatly got a bit calm again for me, after Yves connection loss :mad:. Just how much bad luck can one man have, mate.
After all the practice Hans has put in and Gui's flawless race they both deserved better also.
The action at front was fantastic though, broadcast was a thriller. Ross & Jernej with their crazy pace and Guilherme with unbelievable consistency were all 3 in a class of their own tonight, i feel i'm more than lucky to be grabbing second place overall.
I surely wasn't the second fastest in the competition, but then again i was driving with shifter, clutch & 900 degrees for the whole league so at least i had to work for it :).

Racing you guys was a pleasure, the tough competition & pressure pushed me to pb after pb, you never stop learning.
Congratulations to @Ross McGregor for his flawless championship, pumping laps out at this pace one after another, like a robot, without making mistakes deserves nothing but the win.
Grats to our regular clubbers also. You guys did a great job, especially regarding the tough competition and difficulty of the given combos.

Thank to racers & staff for being part of this, i'm looking forward to the next league. Maybe in some of the easier GTTC-A cars for battles to be even closer?

In the meantime, why not join us for some fun in the club? Racing is a bit more relaxed there but most of you should still find someone to have a battle with no matter the pace.
And the extraterrestrials are free to choose a slightly weaker car on full class nights, so you guys won't get bored either ;).

Edit: Regarding Jernej's setup question, at first i didn't like it but after getting to grips with it at Hockenheim i used the set Ross shared in practice. Only change i made was setting the steering lock back to default. Thanks to Ross and all the other guys who shared setups throughout the league, you don't see such fairness everyday either!
Attaching the set to this post.

Attachments

• Ross McGregor01 RSR.svm
    3.6 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
Sorry to Ross & Allan for the shunts.
I really just wanted to say well done and grats to @Stan.
I just wasn't up to it in the last 2 events mate and the best man won. Fair play to you.
I'll try to make you sweat and shake a bit more next time buddy.... :roflmao:
Grats to Ross and podiums and hope to see you all again real soon. :thumbsup:

Jack Smith

Premium
Thanks guy's for organizing the league and the live feeds. I think that it was a big success. Quality and behavior of drivers was very impressive.

I ended up fairly high in the results considering I was one of the slowest drivers .... which does not sit well with me because my position was due to other's not showing up or them having misfortunes, but the quality of the drivers was at a high level and I could never match their pace. I enjoyed the many practice sessions with Hans, Stan and Denis ... with their help in fine tuning the cars for each track. My main effort was to compete with Hans and we were fairly close coming down to the last race .... I needed to beat him to secure a spot above him and it was extremely disappointing I see that he never entered the starting grid. My whole motivation was now changed and I just tried to complete the race. I had 94% engine health on my pit lap and in the process of setting the options correct for no repair damage, replace rear tires, I mis-shifted and went to 70% engine health in the snap of a finger. With 13 laps remaining I was very cautious and babied the car home with Allan looming closer and closer in the mirror with each lap.

Looking forward to the next league and with a tip from Denis I just ordered the nixim mod which I will hope will remove the constant locking of the brakes and improve my overall pace.

Ross McGregor

Former Editor of Traxion.GG
Premium
It was a very interesting race to finish the season, but I know Bathurst really well (took part in another event here just 2 weeks previously) so i was confident i could do well. I've struggled all season with illness and injury, so this curtailed my practice time somewhat, but i still enjoyed driving these cars, especially once i figured out how to get a setup that worked quite well. (i only figured this out while practicing for Bathurst!) I've been involved in another heavy-going championship elsewhere, so it was nice to have a no-pressure environment in which to enjoy my driving again instead of concentrating fully on results.

Congrats to Jarek & Jernej for 2nd & 3rd in the championship respectively, and massive thanks to Yves for organising, as well as Yuri, Thomas and Roy for their broadcast work. Very well done.

Thanks all, hope to attend more Historix events in future.

Cheers!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%