RDHPC - Round 5 @ Leipzig Porsche Test Track - Sun 1st March 2015

Ross McGregor

Former Editor of Traxion.GG
Premium
That was tough. I never really enjoyed this track (it was more a case of avoiding cutting than actually getting into the groove of the circuit) and in race 2 my ffb died on me. Jernej dived past at the same spot as race 1, but when i got the cut-back he kind of turned into me, causing me to almost spin out and fall behind Stig. Took a couple of laps to get by Stig, and then once i got the hang of no ffb i managed to pump in some good lap times, coupled with 2 laps where i lost around 9s through completely losing control. Got the gap down to 1s at the end, so that was a good effort considering.

Well done Jernej & Jarek.

Thanks to the broadcast team & Yves, as well as RD

Good fun yesterday :thumbsup:.
Luckily i was enjoying the track a lot, as R1 got calm again quickly for me. I was managing the gap most of the time, keeping it together to stay in front of Stig. It got a bit hotter towards the end when i had a moment of daydreaming and pretty much completely forgot to brake for the chicane :D. Did a bit of a stunt that has cost me most of the time i would have gained but i lifted significantly anyway, finishing just in front of Stig.

R2 was pure fun, a bit of the traditional battle with Yves, a lot of the less traditional battle with Stig, we were pretty much wrestling for third all race long. Good stuff although annoyingly he pulled away on the straights even with me drafting and i was quicker through the bends so it was very hard work to make the pass.
Sorry @Stig Bidstrup for the push, i slightly misjudged your driving there while coming in a bit hot myself.

Big thanks to our broadcasters, Yves Larose and everyone on track. Grats Ross & Jernej.
Bathurst next, woohoo!

I hadn't done much testing prior to Q, just enough to set the correct gear ratios and to learn the track, so in Q1 I was quite off pace and I'd known I'd need to attack in the first corners and to defend for the whole race if I want to win. I did my best but got outpowered on the straights so p2 was the destiny. Later in the race I found some pace so I had higher ambitions for R2.

Q2 went well and I was actually -0.05 after 2 sectors on my last attempt but screwed up s3. At the start I took the opportunity like in R1 and then spent most of the turn 4 exit sideways. During a countersteer I saw Ross sliding. I haven't even felt a contact. Sorry Ross about the clash; I saw you on the inside and I only have the nature of the corner to blame.
I spend the rest of the race trying to do good laps, but after Ross' mistakes I went into safe mode and when you go into safe mode there's no way to start pushing again. It was fortunately just enough for the victory :)

Looking forward to Bathurst!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 133 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.0%