RDHPC - Round 3 @ Spa-Francorchamps - Sun 15th February 2015

Report: unfortunately i had a very busy week and have not had time for trainning, even though i know quite well Spa is always a challenge plus with these cars.
I entered the server was already underway Qualy and only had time to pick up the last setup and give a few laps to see how much fuel would have to try and get some rhythm. After some twists and some changes in the gearbox there went for a flying lap and with a good 7th place despite being almost 5sec of the pole.

Race: with no race pace try be as careful as possible even not used to the braking points but with this i have good fights there in the middle and was gaining confidence with the car and then faster. Still made some mistakes, took a touch to Sven but then with the stops made the biggest mistake of all, forget to change the NO-REPAIR option and had a pitstop with 210seg:(.
Fell much on the table but managed to recover some places having just a 11th place.
In short though i think it was undoubtedly a good race.

Congratulations to Ross and all the participants and commentators once again an excellent transmission :thumbsup:

Yves Larose

Premium
My report

Qualy: i didn't do my fastest lap and didn't acheived my goal to be in the 2.47's but it was good enought for 6th place behind Jarek and Paul.

Race: my start wasn't so bad and at T1 i braked a little too late and to avoid hitting @Ross McGregor i moved to the left and contacted with @Paul M Jones causing him to take the turn a little wider then he wanted too sorry for that mate :( but on the next straight i gave him the place back but was able to jump @Jarek Kostowski in the process. later in the lap Paul ran a little wide at Pouhon allowing me to place my car safely on the inside for the second part of the turn placing me in 4th place. form there i had a few laps fighting with @Jarek Kostowski (again :D) until i blew it at Eau Rouge-Raidillon and spun for the first time, after that i was taking it easy as i knew i wasn't be able to close the gap to Jarek but i did it again and spun giving 5th place to @Stig Bidstrup i think. started chasing him and again i over done it and spun but this time i hitted the wall hard so i lost my front spoiler and had one or 2 punctures at the front. so limped back to the pit to put 4 new tires but didn,t repaired the damage. from there the car was very understeery and couldn,t do anything to gain more places so finished in 8th place a lap down on the leaders :(

very disappointed in myself i should have been able to finish at least 5th and maybe even better.

will try to do better at Hockenheim :)

Ross McGregor

Former Editor of Traxion.GG
Premium
Not quite sure how i managed to keep going for as long as i did what with my various ailments- but my plan was to do the bare minimum of running in qualie, fiddle with the race set to make it more driveable, then just take it easy during the race- making sure not to make any big mistakes. Pretty much managed all of the above and got lucky with Jernej's pit penalty. Up to then it had been a good, close and clean race, but i was making too many small errors to be worthy of the win.

Thanks to Yuri, Thomas & Roy for the broadcast, & Yves for setting up these races.

Cheers all.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 78 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%