RDHGP S3 - Merged Race Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Welcome to the Race Department Historic Grand Prix (RDHGP)

The RDHGP League staff welcome you to the 2009 RDHGP season.

We are using a selected field of 5 cars conforming to the FIA GTC65 specifications & regulations. The season will run over 8 races, 7 races over a distance of 100km, plus the season finale over a distance of 200km. The 100km races will be run on alternating Thursdays commencing 7th May, with the season finale running on Saturday 8th August.

While by it’s very nature, the League environment is more competitive than the Club environment, please remember what makes the GTL Club so unique – our consideration for all other competitors at all times. Let’s try and carry this tradition of clean, fun and considerate racing over into a League environment.

RDHGP_Mond.jpg

Circuit Notes

Ireland’s Mondello Park was opened in 1968, the original 1.3km track being extended to 1.9km for the following season for what we know as the “National” circuit layout. The track was extended in 1998 to 3.5km – the “International” circuit.

The RDHGP, due it’s prestige, unique format and exotic blend of vehicle, will be using the 2.8km “Intermediate” layout, which has not been used for car racing since 2000. We thank Mondello Park for re-opening this rarely used layout for us.

RDHGP_Mondmap.gif

The Race Director has some notes for drivers. Please see the track map above for location of Race Direction note:-

1. The Start / Finish straight is fairly narrow, and the pitlane exit can be quite tricky. It would be unreasonable and unfeasible to expect drivers at the race start to avoid the pitlane exit. Therefore, the Race Director has the following finding:
    The Pit Exit is usable only at the race start (defined by the Go signal until the completion of Corner 1, Lap 1 by the last runner) as normal racetrack and thereafter, for avoidance purposes only. Drivers using it as their habitual line will face penalty.

2. The Esses have a tyre wall that can, if impacted, throw the affected car across the track, potentially into the path of following cars. Other areas of the track tend to send you away from the track rather than back across it, which is why this one is being mentioned.

3. The Pitlane Entrance is immediately beyond a fast, accelerating turn. If you are intending to pit and you have a car close behind you who you think is not going to pit, you will need to be careful when and how you brake for the Pitlane. Similarly, if you are following a car closely through this turn, you will need to be aware of the possibility of them pitting.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties

As this is round 1 there are no outstanding Incidents, Investigations nor Penalties.
Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, 24 hour cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

The RDHGP will not be running the virtual license format adopted by the RDTCC. Incidents will be treated on a case-by-case basis, and punishments dispensed on the merits (or not) of the complaint. The League Staff reserve the right to remove any driver from the league if a pattern of infringement becomes apparent. League Staff decisions on penalties are final and not subject to appeal.

Liveries

You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHGP event. We are using the default liveries only in RDHGP.

Competitors Summary

Attached to this briefing, you will find the summary for all competitors that have registered for this league. This reflects the driver registered in GPCOS, not the sign up thread. This will show their name, nationality, vehicle choice, number and livery. This is for reference only and will not change to reflect performance or attendance. As drivers register in GPCOS, the chart will be updated.

GPCOS will be the tool for defining attendance and record keeping.

entries.gif

Amir, this is not the way to report a league incident by simply dropping it in a post. This is a league and when you think someone didnt do justice to you you can either send a report to the race director by mail (see format) or click the report link in the MyRD forum. Dropping it here doesnt have any effect because we only look at incidents that get reported.

Back to topic: great video Jari :thumb:. I have placed both rounds in the right colums of the forum so many more can view it! Ace stuff as usual, especially love the new name GFX, really cool...

report sent.
usualy i wouldn't say a word. during races we all make mistakes . in the previus league race i hit and spun stuart twice. both times i was the blame for the incidents and that's because i wanted to pass as soon as possible and get maximum points. . after i spun him i waited and started from last place. i realy felt bed after that incident and hope il earned my lesson. .
as for this race i got spun. no one waited no one appolgized and i lost many points.
i would like to hear your thoughts.
thank you.

Filing a incident report really depends on the situation and the driver who causes it. Personally I would report a driver who is constantly driving over aggressive and causing accidents time and time again.
I like to have fun time while im racing. Part of the fun is clean close racing. I dont see any point or glory overtaking someone if its done in "dirty/wrong" way.

Sometimes during the race its very difficult to say what happened and whose fault the accident was. So check your replay and say sorry if the accident was your fault.

peace
Jari

• Bert Van Waes

wow guys, some awesome reports here. Tx all for that. that's wy i start to really like the rdhgp.

Tx Jarri for the outstanding video. It shows action off everybody in chronologic way. Amazing man!!!:peace:

Stille haven't gotten time enough for a report myself. After F1 Qualify that will change.:)

Starting 6th, I managed a nice, clean start which got me into 3rd and chasing the Shelby duo, but not for long. At the end of lap 2, I hit the tyres on the last corner, sending me off track and into 5th place behind Amir and Sam.

Traded places with Amir for the next few laps with some good close racing. We came close to each other which left us slow going down into the hairpin and I could see Peter's Ferrari coming up fast and trying to sneak down the inside. I pulled over to cover the pass and kept a close eye on my rear mirror as Peter was struggling to decelerate, getting very close. We made it through the apex and I looked ahead to see what I thought was Amir spinning in front of me. I braked, allowing Peter to take off around the outside. A few seconds later, I saw an ironic 'thanks' message from Amir and wondered if contact had taken place, although I felt or saw no bump. I've now had a chance to look at the replay and can see that it was Peter that touched me a few times, pushing me into Amir. I really felt no contact on any of these and put it down to (very small) racing incidents.

So, caught up with Peter and had some great close racing, swapping some places until a tyre on the grass cost me a big chunk of time. I then spent the majority of the race trying to catch Peter and Sam up ahead. At last, with a few laps to go I was right behind with nothing between us... until I put the car into the sand :(

Just needed to keep Jay behind (just!) and was across the line on 5th.

From seeing after race comments from Amir about Ferrari cheating and further forum comments, I've had a good look at the replays and cannot see any real justification for this. In my opinion that whole incident was three small contacts, none of which I physically felt (well, you know what I mean) and was down to a small racing incident.

• Bert Van Waes

RDHGP Round 2:

Imola

Race report:

This second round was something i was looking forward too... It all began here for me when the beloved Ayrton Senna had his last race here... It's a track full of memories from the past. Like G. Villeneuves strange loss over his teammate, and 2 weeks later in Zolder... Great legends have been pushed down hard here before.Now i was going to take part in that history too. Boy...

This second round will catapult me back in time, before most off this above ever happened.

The Ferrari awaited in the pits with me walking around her, checking last bits together with the mechanics. It's looking good. practice session just passed and my time is up there with the first bunch. I'm happy because my ferrari is listening more to me then she was back in Mondello. But i have to say Peter, who was walking by an hour ago and gave me some setup advice, is responsible for this. Tx Mate!

The Qualify went as good as the practice and i earned spot nr 8 on the grid with a time of 2:16.785. Had some clean laps and no problems whatsoever...

But then the race came up. When we grouped together on the grid my engine stalled, the moment the lights came up, the awesome rumble starts clacking and puf... gone...

Green!

gtl2009052316165750.jpg

Everybody flyes by and i must say they all do a very good job avoiding me, nobody hit me bad, while i was hitting the start button like crazy!!

gtl2009052316163073.jpg

I eventually got her running and shoot away, in last position.
And because others were having a problem start too i was back in no time and going into the first corners i pass Bob and Knut and place myself in 13th position.

gtl2009052316202279.jpg

Time to hunt for those top 10 spots, i was thinking. And i decide to take everything for nothing by hammering it!

gtl2009052316232225.jpg

Halfway lap one i start to come really close to the pack in front of me, the pack with S. Bacon. I take the Varianta alta with much more pace and pass him on the exit. Position 12th.

gtl2009052316255568.jpg

Varianta Bassa comes up after the 2 lefthanders and I come up close to Maurice. I place myself next to him and pray for the love of god he's going to brake a bit earlier. He doesn't, i'm on the limit and the back end starts tailing out a bit, AAAArgh, fieuw, i got him, luckily he left some room cause it could have gone desastrous, and it would have been my fault, fieuw...
Position 11th. Lap one done...

gtl2009052316285882.jpg

Halfway lap 2 I'm onto the back of the pack with Matt Crouch and Kris, my fellow Belg. It seems i go faster then them and just after the piratelle i pass Matt, but Kris defends his line.

gtl2009052316332326.jpg

But as i thought i'm quicker on the straight before the variante alta and i go to position nr 8. I think Palmer spun somewhere out there too.

gtl2009052316342910.jpg

Ok. This is good now, i thought. Maybe time to keep it consistently now throughout the race. These 2 laps were alot for the tyres...
And then suddenly Amir appeared. Deja vu, hehe. He was infront of me and Adgie but spun in the hairpin. I was right up him and turns later i overtake him in the Rivazza lefthanders... 7th it is!

gtl2009052316394971.jpg

From now it was a long race in 7th. And after what seemed like a long time with Amir still following me on a 1,5 sec gap basis, my feet got hurt. The left one especially... And so it happened... The rivazza and villineuve became 2 points were i constantly struggled with the braking. and my tyres went ice too...

gtl2009052316440368.jpg

In 9th position my race went from bad to worse. Kris Leeten was back behind me. But i turn wide again in Rivazza, he overtakes me. And the straight before last chicane i take the place back. Moments later i fail to brake and get my first cut warning.
Half a lap later i'm position myself for braking into Rivazza and guess what, big spin lockin rear tyres and Kris is there to take over.

gtl2009052316494220.jpg

Again i took it back on the straight S/F.

What a race!!

But then my tyres are totally gone. I spin in the Villeneuve,... Kriss passes for good, so is Knut. 11th!

gtl2009052316551106.jpg

Last pieces of the race were even worse for me...Here Maurice passes like i'm going backwards,hehe...

gtl2009052316574296.jpg

The pace was gone and lots of people catch up, and to top it off i had a stop/go with 2 laps left.
So in i came only to come out and drive my final lap in 15th position...
Finish!!!

gtl2009052317000978.jpg

Again guys. This was one of the best races out there for me. Tx RD and Stewie!! Keep it up everybody for the next round!!! Yupla

:skywalker:

• Bert Van Waes

tx guys!

Doesn't the colour remind you off someone. I know for myself it does...

The great hero in comics of my childhood: Michel Vaillant :wink2:

Childhood? What's wrong with Michel today? :D I have nearly the entire collection and still read it :)
One again a great race report Bert! And with those fantactic images to support the story, it's just perfect
Also big thumbs up for Jari with this great video (astonished I had this much coverage on the vid, nice :) )

RDHGP S3 - Race 3 @ Hockenheim National - 4th June 2009

Welcome to Round 3 of the RDHGP 2009

The RDHGP League staff welcomes you back to the 2009 RDHGP season.

Following on from the race at Imola, and the issues therein, the general feedback I’ve received so far is that the earlier in-game start time took away that unique GTL atmosphere, so we will be reverting to 17.00 in-game race time for Hockenheim National.

We have unfortunately received our first incident report – this will be detailed in the Incidents, Investigations & Penalties section below. Again, while the League Staff appreciate the League is more competitive than Club events, we would like to take the opportunity to remind drivers of a couple of points.
  • Please take into account the driving of all the competitors around them, not just the immediate cars they are trying to pass / defend against.
  • Avoiding reckless passing attempts will more than likely preclude any incidents.
  • Please also respect the correct Incident Reporting procedure. Follow the “review, cool off, re-review” process, allowing 24 hours for the cooling off period. Do not discuss the matter in threads or race reviews where accusations are made. Incident Reports received before the 24 hour cooling off period is complete will be discarded.
The League staff would like to think that we won’t be receiving any more of these Incidents across the remainder of the RDHGP season.

hock.jpg

Circuit Notes

The Hockenheimring is situated in Baden-Wuerttemburg, Germany. In it’s previous incarnation, it was known as one of the highest speed F1 circuits on the calendar until it’s radical redesign in early 2000. The National Layout is a 3.6km track, consisting of the majority of the 4.6km F1 Grand Prix Circuit, just truncating the run down Parabolika, omitting the Hairpin section. The current track retains the stadium section almost completely unchanged and intact from the previous 6.8km incarnation.

Just as Imola with Ayrton Senna, Hockenheim is inextricably linked to the death of one of F1’s greatest champions, Jim Clark.

The League Staff hope that the RDHGP will be a fitting tribute to the great man’s memory, as indeed it was 2 weeks ago at Imola.

hockmap.jpg

The Race Director has some notes for drivers. Please see the track map above for location of Race Direction note:-

Hockenheim National Layout is notable for having no real sections where getting in trouble should throw the afflicted driver into the oncoming traffic, adversely affecting any drivers. There are some points to mention however.
  1. The Nordkurve is an extremely fast corner onto one of Hockenheims fastest sections. There is a cut warning if you go too wide on the exit.
  2. The Sudkurve is also an important corner to fast laptimes, but, like the Nordkurve, it also has a cut warning if drivers take liberties. In previous experience, these 2 corners generally cause most of the cut warnings, and therefore most of the Stop 'n' Go penalties.
  3. Ironically, if Stop 'n' Gos are incurred, these 2 corners are situated at the Pit Lane entrance and exit, so please be aware of potential traffic in those areas.
Incidents, Investigations and Penalties

As mentioned above there was an Incident reported after round 2.

Amir Margalit was spun by David Cuthill, who was pushed into Amir by Peter Gog.

The League Staff have concluded from the replay that the initial contact between Peter and David was a racing accident without malice, and that Amir was unfortunate to have been immediately in front of the 2 Ferrraris, hence his involvement.

David Cuthill was a passenger at both ends of the accident and receives no penalty.

Peter Gog, the accident instigator, benefitted the most from the accident by ending up ahead of both Amir & David (even though it was accidental and non-malicious in the judgement of the League Staff), and not waiting. Peter has received an Official Warning, stating that any similar incidents (where he is the instigator and beneficiary), will be classed as a pattern of behaviour, resulting in a time penalty being levied against him, even taking into account the more competetive nature of the League.

Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them, on an Incident Report form, with a video attached wherever possible.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, 24 hour cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

Liveries

You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHGP event. We are using the default liveries only in RDHGP.

Competitors Summary

Attached to this briefing, you will find the summary for all competitors that have registered for this league. This will show their name, nationality, vehicle choice, number and livery. This is for reference only and will not change to reflect performance or attendance.

GPCOS will be the tool for defining attendance and record keeping.

The Final Word

Thanks for reading this far, let's continue with the generally good spirit of the RDHGP (I know for instance of other incidents where people waited, reviewed and didn't complain etc.) as it's been great fun for me to administer to date.

I hope you are all still enjoying it as much as I am.

entries.gif

• Bert Van Waes

Hhaha, off to Germany indeed. My god Stuart. Your post gave me the chicken skins already.

This will be a great tribute to Jim Clark... This RDHGP is full of this, i love it. And don't worry mate. I think everybody in here is enjoying this as much as i am!

you have the force:skywalker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play