RDHCS S10 - Round 6 - 100km (29 laps) - GP200 Int'l - Tue 7th May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with my race also, but with a little disappointment mixed in because after a good start and a fortunate ally opening up for me to move up to about 6th spot and running smooth, after a few laps down and I had an unforced off which dropped me to 14th. My setup felt pretty good and I was on my way again. I held Dave off for a few laps. I hope that my closing a corner off on you was not too aggressive Dave....and then later I came across Yves and Jay in a little accident. I unfortunately could not avoid a small collision with Yves but no harm done to my vehicle ...hopefully none to Yves. My pace was close to those around me but I think I had fewer offs than them so I was able to hold on to 11th spot.

All in all, I enjoyed this track and the way the Jag worked its way around it. WD to podiums.. Ross, Guus and Dmy, cheers to all drivers. Thanks to Rupe/Knut.:)

Just wish I could have stayed on track to see how long I could battle with the big guns.... forcing them to pass me on the pavement... not while on the sidelines.;)

I accidently released the clutch before the start, I stalled and got a little nudge forward. I watched the replay and I actually started ahead of Ross, and somehow no penalty. Sorry for that Ross, I did not notice my advantage :)
I had a nice start and went through the first lap in 1st place, but Ross was just quicker and he soon passed me. Some laps into the race he had the inevitable spin in the quick rollercoaster left hander (we should call it russian roulette corner), I got a few seconds ahead of him but soon he was right on my tail again nad passed me. I started driving very sloppily and Ross pulled away quickly, but luckily Dmytro behind me was quite a way back so I could get 2nd unthreatened. Im very happy about not having spins in the race, I had a lot in practice and qualy. During the race I was trying my hardest to stay within the white lines, I think I had some infringements but I tried not to gain advantage from them. Cheeky track this, why couldnt they just put grass outside the white lines.
Anyway grats Ross and thanks everybody for racing and to the staff for picking this great track, see you all next time :thumbsup:

Provisional Results for Round

Click me for Race Analysis and Results
gp200 results.png

SERVER REPLAY GP200

Bit of a strange race for me last night. I had to re-learn the track in practise after forgetting about the white line rule, and lost out to Guus at the start before getting past on the home straight next time round. Set a couple of fast laps to build a gap, but pushed too hard and spun on the big compression halfway round the lap. Only just managed to stay ahead of dmytro and set about catching Guus again.

It took a few laps, but I got there and re-passed on the long straight again, and tried to build a gap again. This time however, I was getting some lagginess in my game, and almost went off once, and fully lost control a couple of laps from the flag as all my inputs just froze completely! Smacked the barrier head-on, but the plastic alpine kept going! I was a tad relieved after this, and took the last laps extremely carefully!

Congrats to Guus and Dmytro, and cheers to Rupe, Knut and Thommo for presenting us with this fine car/track combo. (Alpine was a ton of fun around here)

Great racing night, once more! I enjoyed every second of it, and I was in the midst of action all race long :thumbsup: .
After a good start from 5th, I managed to beat Leszek to the 1st corner and managed to stay in 4th right on Dmytro's tail for about 10 laps. And even though I could do nothing more than follow him, I was pleasantly surprised.:)
However, in lap 11 I lost it under braking through the Esses turns 3,4,5. Gone were Dmytro and my 10 sec. gap to the guys behind and I ended up right behind Neil and Leszek in 6th. I then got past Leszek once more, but there was no way I could find a way to get past Neil's Ferrari.:confused:
The part of the track where I was faster, the last downhill and twisty bit, was too twisty to try anything and knowing that on the following section, the main straight, he would just put his foot down and leave me behind in a cloud of dust, trying an overtake attempt just before that would be silly anyway:O_o:

So after that I would just see Neil disappear into the distance on the straight every lap, and I would need all the rest of the lap driving my pants off to get back on his tail again, only to watch him take off again on the home straight... an amusing and slightly frustrating sight at the same time.:D

All this time I was chased by Leszek as well, at one point he actually got past - of course, that long straight again:mad::laugh:- but a few laps later he had an unfortunate off, giving me some much needed breathing space.
However in the final lap I went offtrack once more, going down the hill, but I didn't spin so not too much time lost, and crossed the finish line in 5th!:) Again, I'm more than happy with that!:)

Grats to Ross, Guus and Dmytro for podium finishes, and big thanks to everyone else for another great fun & clean racing event.
Although I know I crossed the white lines at least a dozen times, believe me I really tried not to, and never gained any positions or substantial advantage from it. And from where I was it seemed everyone around me obeyed the white line rule really well.

So special thanks to Neil, Rupe and Knut for making this line thing crystal clear very early on, and to the latter two and Thommo for another cracking event in an epic league season.
Finally, thanks to RD for hosting us and to Madcowie for an awesome track! CYA soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back