RD GT Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the season is over, can we all make an effort to post our setups in threads. Since the latest tyre model update, there are pretty much zero setups out there for these GT3 cars, and as they are a popular class to race with, a load of setups for the tracks of this calendar would help the community not only have better races, but help people understand how to set up a car.

Is it correct Roe joined another team in this last race and driving for DTK Racing instead for his normal team Talking Door Racing ? I thought only driver swaps between a team are allowed.
Because this way DTK scored some points in the very last race from a good driver (of another team) for retaining their overall champ. pos. (P11 in the standings), which (P11) almost could have been reached by Gainsco as well.. ;).

I don't have much of a / or any problem because of the champ. position (if P11 or P12 doesn't quite matter), just looks not 100% (regarding 'generally assumed' regulations) right and fair.
Next time there should be a rule to prevent this, if not already there.

I've not much against the other fact, for teams having as many different -non team belonging drivers from the 'outside' (reserve list)- though. That's ok, to have filled up any team for every event in case of a departure of a main driver.

Is it correct Roe joined another team in this last race and driving for DTK Racing instead for his normal team Talking Door Racing ? I thought only driver swaps between a team are allowed.
Because this way DTK scored some points in the very last race from a good driver (of another team) for retaining their overall champ. pos. (P11 in the standings), which (P11) almost could have been reached by Gainsco as well.. ;).

I don't have much of a / or any problem because of the champ. position (if P11 or P12 doesn't quite matter), just looks not 100% (regarding 'generally assumed' regulations) right and fair.
Next time there should be a rule to prevent this, if not already there.

I've not much against the other fact, for teams having as many different -non team belonging drivers from the 'outside' (reserve list)- though. That's ok, to have filled up any team for every event in case of a departure of a main driver.
Tobias joining was very last minute, I put out a post looking for a 2nd driver 3 minutes before quali started, and I was on my outlap when Tobias joined my TS channel and offered to fill the seat. It wasn't preplanned at all, and I was happy with anyone joining. I was hoping to have been also up there battling for points, but as I spent the first few laps being a punching bag for the rest of the field, I was glad he could take the points.

On the behalf of Copenhagen APEX I want to say thanks to RD and all the staff involved in this awesome league - very professional.

We will be back next season.

I also want to say I big thank you to one of the main driver Allie Ferrie @Valrys, you scored good points to the team, you are always welcome at Copenhagen APEX.

I also would like to say thank you to the two reserve drivers Jake Cooper @Flammenjc and @Alexis Clapano for helping out the team.
Jake made a very strong performance at Redbull where he put in a second place that later on at the Stewart's desk ended as a seventh.

See you next time

Br.
Team owner
Allan Roloff Groth

...It wasn't preplanned at all, and I was happy with anyone joining. I was hoping to have been also up there battling for points, but as I spent the first few laps being a punching bag for the rest of the field, I was glad he could take the points.
Ok, really no problem this time and in that case (I know you could have scored here as well).
--
Just imagine TAH would have joined / changed the team for a 'backmarker team' or midfiled team for one or even a few races, scoring huge amounts of points :). That would destroy the whole normal picture in the team standings then (making it -teams and standings- nonsence to exist). That's why I came across my idea for future regulations to prevent such.

First of all I want to thank Racedepartment staff for this Professional League. Planning and execution was perfect. I'm sure you worked very hard for it and the result was great.
-----

Regarding round 6. It was a really difficult race. I had a lot of hard (and enjoyable) fights.

I must admit part of these fights didn't end well.. Like the one with @Jonas Hillert ending up on both of us losing a lot of places, but I guess this is being reviewed by the stewards.

Hats off to @Glaurung for the fast pace. You gave me a very hard time. Same goes to @Samuel Fuller. I was very lucky to pass you both while you were fighting for 6th.

@ARG1980 & @PfzFantaribo we had our decent fights too ;)

Hope to race with all of you guys soon on club races.

I wanted to add my thanks, not just to @Matheus Machado and co for listening to all our moans, but to all participants who put up with me being at the back - and hopefully didn't impede you too much, and for all the friendly help on TS, but lastly to @Samuel Fuller for all the little tips you have shared - even though you are always off in the distance in comparison. Despite a great start for me at Spa I 'ended up last - I have yet to watch the replay of how I undone myself but I was up to 11th at one point.

It was my first race series and have learned so much since signing up and hope to learn more in future races.

Also sry for touching Dennis at the back in the braking zone to the chicane (first laps). When it's very crowded the performance get's a little worse making the speed sensation and handling feel a bit 'glued' ("zäh" ;)), so you can't judge 100% exact your own speed in detail. That contributed to this as well, I just wanted to describe.. .
No worries mate :thumbsup: I have to admit that I was a bit upset to get spun around there, but those things can happen in traffic.

Puhh ok, I'm now reliefed :). I was a bit upset on myself too, to 'let' it occur.., don't want to spin anyone around.. (though traffic + fighting a bit to stay close it can happen -with this speed differences there in a train in the middle of the chicane for a short moment -).

Round 6 - Spa Francorchamps
Final Results can be found HERE

Qualifying
Driver: @Jose Vasconcelos
Penalty: Instant race removal (DQ) and 12 months league racing ban.
Reason: Intentionally hitting another driver
Evidence: Video

Race
Driver: @Tomi (Tomi Manninen)
Penalty: 30 Second Penalty added to total race time.
Reason: Breach of article 6.1 multiple times during the race (Raidillon)
Evidence: Stewards race review
Driver: @Stelios (Stelios Fevgatos)
Penalty: 3 points penalty
Reason: Avoidable contact in the red zone affecting two other drivers.
Evidence: Stewards race review
Driver: @Francis76 (Francisco Leme)
Penalty: No penalty applied / Racing incident
Reason: Edward didn't leave the required space for Francisco to rejoin, who had the right to retake the left half side as he didn't went off track limits, contact came as a result.
Driver: @Geof (Geoffroy Tassenoy)
Penalty: No penalty applied / Racing incident
Reason: The angles provided weren't conclusive enough to warrant a penalty to either of the drivers, both were side by side at corner's entry and contact happened at the right side half of the track.
Driver: @Jonas Hillert
Penalty: 3 points penalty
Reason: Jonas couldn't keep his line through Eau Rouge and collected Akis as a result.
Evidence: Video and Video

Reply #330 and Championship is finalized! Final results and standings are now available.

Thanks to everyone for an amazing comeback of RDGTC. I hope you liked our efforts in S6, and I can promise S7 will come back even stronger!

Now on a more personal note: You know how organizing races just got into your mind when you think this kind of video (Interview with WEC race director) is REALLY interesting:D.
Being a part of the racing staff of RD for this year was an experience that taught me a lot about racing overall and it wouldn't be possible without you guys participating in the leagues and club races I've been both racing and managing.
As some of you might have noticed, I've been running out of time to dedicate to sim-racing, so I had to take the decision to leave the staff after I was finished with S6. I will still be around for some club races and leagues, so I won't be a complete stranger from now on;).
I still intend to come back and organize some cool championships for AC. When is a matter of many factors, all I can say is I really don't know, seems impossible in the foreseeable future, but who knows?!

Here is my POV for those who want to see:
1) How stupid i am at T1
2) A good race after that
3) AC in VR :p

The recording is a bit choppy at start then it smooths out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back