RD GT Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server has just been restarted with race settings. All skins should be assigned now.

Edit: restarted again to reset password.
New track? :whistling: :D
track.PNG

Yes Sir....Yes Sir.....
I was kicked out of the race before I started, why ?
Had to do with the touch I made on sir Allan Roloff Groth, on T1, in last lap of qualify ?
And, what did sir Allan Roloff Groth do to me, on the last corner before the finish ?
In the last corner to the left, he threw me out, where it's impossible to overtake
If you want to be respected on track, respect others

I am very sorry for not making this race. I was called in this morning for an emergency at work. Someone's server went down and that takes priority over AC unfortunately. I would like to say thank you for letting me participate in this great series and I fully understand what this could mean for me, and I respect the decisions of the admins. I also want to give a HUGE thank you to Edward Rockett for allowing me to race by his side despite my quality of racing. He went above and beyond to make this season work for me and I feel horrible for letting him down on this one. Especially as this is the one track I'm actually good at.

-Nick

Race starts, guy in front of me doesn't launch, i overtake!
Yay i say, and then i realize i am too late for T1 brakes.
I try to stop, i know i cant, i turn right to hit the wall but still manage to hit @Artur Czarnecki.
I am really sorry...
Some people come from behind and hit me, here we go from 25th again ! :)

I am really sorry for the T1 incident... i hate to be that guy.

Race was fun after that, i managed to pick up my pieces and do a good run.

REPLAY.

Pffft. Made it up from 16th to 10th in Turn 1, had an FPS drop around Les Combes-Rivage, so didn't want to battle anyone, even through they were going slow. A Almbo tried to go around the outside into Blanchimont, and by taking the De Jong line, clipped me, which unsettled my car enough to send me into the wall on the inside...
Recovered without losing too much time, scraping back into 14th by the end of the lap. Lap 3, a Nissan goes to the outside into Les Combes, but I still have the grip and enough of my car in front to keep going side-by-side. Get clipped through the second part, then sent into the wall on the exit of Malmedy...
To rub salt into the injury, next lap I'm at the front of a 4-car mash into Les Combes (again), and although I was conceding a place into the turn, I still get a whack and spun around...

I had to make an extra stop, and rejoined a long way down. I put softs on and just decided to drive for fun. Had some fun catching and passing Simon Marshall, but tyre wear dropped me back into a big block of lapped cars just as my tyres came back and i was trying to find useful part of the track to let people through without losing too much time myself in my battle with Simon.

Ended the race with 3 of us side-by-side acros the line, which was cool.

Sry for that slow driving on the line in the last mins of the qualy pre Eau Rouge. I spun on the outta curb of the first corner, waited (ferito live tracker) until there is a gab (10-15 seconds) to turn around and go on. But then nevertheless two cars -I never expected- appeared (speed difference) I had to let through. Which I did, but at that point it was too late to change the driving line (to the left) for a better line to slow down and let through. I concentrated on another car behind me to let it pass or not pass as I was going on after the spin, which was only coming out of the box it seems. That was the reason, which 'confused' me and cost some extra time preventing to go on more quickly from there.
However..:), wasn't a big deal I hope (didn't cost an important qualy position I hope).

Also sry for touching Dennis at the back in the braking zone to the chicane (first laps). When it's very crowded the performance get's a little worse making the speed sensation and handling feel a bit 'glued' ("zäh" ;)), so you can't judge 100% exact your own speed in detail. That contributed to this as well, I just wanted to describe.. .

About the race: Could have been easier by not dropping back to ~20th pos. at the start ;). Some car was still standing on the grid after the start and I had to move away into the right wall to avoid crashing into the car. So my car was damaged at the front+rear+right side already previous the very first corner of the race, but thanks to 20% damage server side it probably wasn't that much of an issue.
Very exciting though (the race).., each time when I practice and push/squeeze (for some '100%' perfect / ok hotlaps) too much in the practice sessions pre the qualy and race, I then get a little too nervous in times in the real race :).

As in Round5 already, I used the soft tires in each stint. In Round1-4 I used medium tires all the way through in every stint. Just for some general info.
The first stint (22 laps on soft) was a bit long (grip at lowest possible level, tires being at 0%), but I practiced that. So it was ok. Beside two cars from behind being quicker than me on that tire state and I had to let them pass / go.

Last edited:
An animated start gave me P5 after having started from P10, to say I was happy would not be sufficient. First stint on soft tyres, a kinda fight with my teammate @speedyx56 and @Artur Czarnecki and pitstop at lap 14, and I killed my bodywork/aero by hitting the outside wall while entering the pits. Then it was like being in hell, as I was losing 1 second in Eau Rouge alone. Some harsh battle with @Akis and @Stelios , but I really did not want to interfere too much in your 2nd place fight with other teams.

Anyway, it was my first and hopefully not the last league I did. It was very nice and really professionnal. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back