RD GT Championship 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much talent (and time) mate ... absolutely stunning vid ... great work and thanks dude! :thumb:

Admins - I know its impressive and we want everyone to see it, but may I humbly ask if you can you stop this video from playing automatically in the user control panel (ie. when you have subscribed to this forum) and in the header section of each RDGTC thread ... its getting a bit annoying having to find where its playing and stop it playing every time I move to a new screen or open a new browser tab, etc in this section (or refresh my user control panel) ... Sorry Tim ... its real nice, just having it playing 10 times in as many windows is a bit much :becky:

EDIT: THANKS ADMINS :good:

A little feedback to the RD Race Directors from an end user point of view.
I thought this League was the best League I have participated in so far.

1. The overall quality of the racing was excellent, very clean, very competitive, but still friendly. Well done to all the drivers.
2. The organisation idea to run three different classes on different nights was a great idea IMO. It generated interest across a wide spectrum of members and gave most drivers an excellent chance to race. It also removed the need for the dubious pre-qualifying.
3. The use of the parade lap starts was genius, it worked a treat. Combined with the superpole, it ensured that the opening lap chaos was almost removed and put more pressure on the need to qualify well.
4. The single longer length races also meant less chaotic opening laps and added some more interesting strategy options.
5. Track choices were good for these cars, and provided plenty of variety.

I really cant think of anything that could be improved significantly. Well done to the Race Directors, a League that wasn't dominated by the need for penalties and punishment. :good:

Special thanks to the media gurus who made the League special with videos. :handshake:

If this League became a model for future Leagues, we should all be very satisfied.

:plus1:

but it's a pity that a lot of people left the GT Pro league 3 or 4 races before the end :disapointed:. I can undurstand when you got some technicals issues (internet connection problem, pc crash...) but i can't believe that half signed drivers got these problems. The only way, i think, to prevent that, it's the péqualifications (in order to fill the grid). The problem with this system is the least fast drivers are put aside. I think that this problem of withdrawal must be studied with a lot of interest.:glasses-nerdy:

@Warren: fully supported, also as a slow guy I felt relaxed and had enough competition to make for an interesting race night.

@organizers: great job, mates, very well done!

@dropouts: I think there are just too many offerrs on the internet and most people race to win rather than race to have fun. so if winning is not on the books, they are going to find another league pretty soon where they are more within reach of a victory. Dig the Clubbers, where we had a different winner almost every race and (I think) always more than 18 guys on the grid because many (8-12) people felt they had a fair chance to succeed. Only a team- based league with teams of more than 8 drivers stands a chance to fill every grid, imo.

Only a team- based league with teams of more than 8 drivers stands a chance to fill every grid, imo.

Don't agree on that. Last season's (especially the first wtcc championship) leagues had a less bigger dropout rate.

Most leagues 2/3 drops out if you compare the final race with the first one. We have had seasons with less then 1/3 dropout. It depends on the people that enter.

What you said about the clubbers was right. I think we had a great grid every round untill the end of the season. Was nice to be in there :)

Wow, I was just fumbling through the forums and found this. This is seriously amazing. Whoever is putting this together needs to give themselves a pat on the back. Watching this makes me want to throw my 360 out the window and convert to a PC racer. Damn. Blurring the line between virtual and real, indeed.

AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back