RDCCC S3 - Chevrolet Camaro Cup (Race On)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yves Larose

Premium
RDCCC S3 - Media

Camaro.png

What is this?

This is the RaceDepartment Chevrolet Camaro Cup Media thread. In here everyone can post their movies and screenshots.

Notes

• Please resize images/screenshots to roughly 640x480.
  • Movies may be embedded.
  • Do not post reactions. Rather click the Thanks button.

Quali: I used Rami's setup, but I didn't try it before, so I was very, very slow, and could only get 6th position.
Race: In the race I used my old setup and that felt better for me, I didn't make any mistake, and I had in the end an easy victory, but because Andreas finished 3rd and had pole, he finishes 2nd overall, only 1 point in front of me.

Congratulations to Rami for dominating almost every race, and thanks to Yves for organizing this league. The last part of the season was really nice, as everybody was getting used to saving fuel, and the racing was very good. Thanks to all drivers for the good battles and fair driving.

Firstly I'd like to thank Yves for letting me be a part of this competition.
Sorry to Ethan for the bump on the formation lap, I was glancing over at my tyre pressures, a rookie mistake.
As the backmarker of the season I hope I did not get in the way of the rest of the field, and congratulations not only to the winners but to all who took part and organised this competition it was very enjoyable for me. :doublethumb:

Thank you

I wanna thank RD for letting me do another season of the RDCCC, i also wanna thank T2L Racing ( Gunthar Rowe ) for the mod which made this season very interesting. i also wanna thank Brink Motorsport for their help developping the mod and providing us with missing data's of the real 2010 Camaro cup car. i wanna thank all the participants, your the one that made it yet another fun season and hope you'll be back for season 4 :)

A dozen laps late last night were my preperation,a dozen laps more than previous rounds though.....so best qual ever on 5th and away nicely with "the gang",young Pete D. chasing until he gets a half-run on me up to that scary awkward turn (T5L?) and i see he is going to keep his boot in for a nice high risk move,so i give him the corner but still end up shouldered off in to the gravel a bit at the exit.....
Then a bit of a ding dong dice with Yves who had pace to pass me after he recovered from an off,but then would make a little mistake letting me through again,all this letting Martijn close right in,eventually Yves gets sorted out and leaves me to fend of Martijn,a task im doing fine until just before pits i go off weirdly out of T1 and lose a chunk of time.
Pit goes great and it soon shakes down to chasing Martijn to get my 5th start place back to finish,the chip away of the gap is not consistent enough but i get it down from 7secs to 1.5 at the line with a little cup of fuel left :D.
Grats Rami the Championez'
Extra thanks to Yves for inviting me back to Camaro action again after my total bomb out of last season,feels good to redeem myself there to a good racing buddy who organises a fine league here with these things.....Thanks Again m8 :thumbsup:.

Cheers to Yves & RD

Footnote: Ethan dont beat yourself up too much off the back of performances in these very very "niche" cars that some just get the knack of,and some,like me,dont really ever settle with them,and weve all been where you are now with a bad little patch of form and what seems like endless bad luck,stick with it and practice at some club events m8,it aint all aboot leagues and trophy glory :).

Thank you Yves for another well organised and well thought out Camaro League. The tracks were perfect for the car and also the battle that all motorsport has with fuel management. It made it a great league to participate in.

Thanks to all drivers for probably the cleanest driving in any league I have taken part in.

Congratulations to Rami for the title, fantastic driving!

Congratulations to everyone on completing another full season.

Looking forward to the next.

Thanks to Yves for organizing this league Awesome :)
Quali ok 2 place.
Race Yes it was seen that training and to a limited workout here camaro cup I was little rusty I did easy miss and lap 1 or 2 Yves pass me but soon after Yves spun so I was 2 place.Meiby lap 10 or something I did miss and Peter pass me but I was able to follow Peter who pass few lap before the pitting time Andreas to take lead and I also managed to pass Andreas so it was rpm 1-2 and diffrence only 1 sek on pit.
Soon after pit I hit trouble I was driving like girl there :D Andreas catch up me but could not get pass me but it was hard work to keep him in my back.Finish second and Champion it was great season almost perfect for me :banana: Thank you all racers,RD and Yves.

Better than expected on a track I just can`t drive. Did about 10 laps practice with a best of 1:35 and that was all I could manage before I began to hate it. Managed a quick quali lap putting me in around 16th I think. So strategy was simple, try and stay clean and wait for mistakes while saving fuel and getting a short pitstop. Bothe worked out perfect as drivers infront made mistakes letting me through to 8th and my pitstop closed the gap to 7th, who made a nice mistake at the corkscrew gifting me 7th.

Overall the first race I have done without a serious error and my new PB of 1:32 (shocked as I wasn`t driving that hard) so more than happy.

Congrats Peter for the win and to the podium drivers.

Thanks Yves and RD

A dozen laps late last night were my preperation,a dozen laps more than previous rounds though.....so best qual ever on 5th and away nicely with "the gang",young Pete D. chasing until he gets a half-run on me up to that scary awkward turn (T5L?) and i see he is going to keep his boot in for a nice high risk move,so i give him the corner but still end up shouldered off in to the gravel a bit at the exit.....
Sorry Gary, I personally did not notice we had any contact, I tried to stay on the inside as much as possible, but there is a bump in that corner, which might have pushed my car a bit more to the outside. If I had known there was contact I would have let you regain your position, but I had the feeling you just went a bit wide because I was on the inside.

That was a fitting end to a great season in the RDCCC league & a bit sad it all over but now looking forward to season 4.

I like Laguna but it is a tricky track & even more so in these cars. Quali went well netting me 4th to my surprise & just being pipped by Yves by 2 1000ths of a second. I new this was not the whole story as a couple of guys who are normally infront of me must of had issues during the quali session. Come the race I just wanted to make it clean but this was not to be. On the first flying lap I throw it all away out braking myself into T2 on cold brakes & gifting 4th to Lenno. Now back to around 12th I set about clawing some places back so pushed hard. As those ahead made their mistakes I moved up and eventually found my upto 7th but with a big gap to those ahead. I stayed there until my pitstop & managed to come out in the same position with Bob M behind. After a couple of laps, with more fuel than I needed, I started to push hard but got it wrong coming out of the cork screw with aloud Bob M to move up a place. Over the rest of the laps I tried to close the gap to Bob but this just brought me some more errors so eventually lost time to him so decided in the end it was best to bring it home for the 8th spot. So after a very hard race where I knew holding onto my quali postion would have been almost imposible I'm not to upset with were I ended up.

A big thanks goes to Yves who brought us the great mod and for all the hard work he put into this seasons league. Congrats goes to Rami on his near perfect season to win the championship, wd done. Also I would like to thank all those that took part this season for some great racing & showing me what can be done in these cars. I look forward to seeing all of you for next seasons league which I belive will be even better than this one. All the best until then.

qualy: Tried to run not too much risk and managed a lap without any big mistake. That it reached finally for pole was "a bit" surprising me :redface:. After 4 times 2nd this season a nice qualify ending. What finally this point could meaning for the championchip i wasn´t up to date to this moment.

race: Before last corner in formation tried to surprise Rami but seemed i surprised myself more :rolleyes:. With jumped gear in neutral i loose the little gap and had already to defend first corner. Worked, and better Yves could pass Rami and with their figths i could open a gap almost to 4sec. Unfortunately i notice much orange later in my mirrow :tongue: and to the end the gap was closed. Ok, thought, try to defend to pit and see what happen ... , it happen i went wide the next three laps this tricky lefthander - Peter and Rami pass me without any effort and i was 5 sec off - don´t think too much ! :wink: Was happy to be in pit and concentrate new.
With 6 sec gap out off pit i was already going to be friendly with P3 but could now run my fastest laps and came a bit nearer to Rami. But only his mistake brings me close to his rear. I went for making pressure but try this on Rami :redface:. Was quite on the limit and 2-3 overtake opportunities i was too far away. Another moment last left i was a bit late and tapped Rami into a spin. Sorry fo this little mishap Rami. Regive the position but to the fight with Rami came the fight with the car. So got no really further chance and also last lap i had to watch on fuel which i forgot a bit in the fight for tenths. Finished 3rd with 0,1x l.
Then the calculate begun cause Peter won which could be close in championchip. That this one pole point save me in 2nd overall, only :woot:. What a championchip final :redface:!

Congrats to Rami for the clear championchip win and Peter for your second race win the season, wd. So thanks Yves for setting up only 6 races :rolleyes: but much more for all your work for the league.

And of course :thanks: all who participated, great racing.

1st of all i wanna thank all contenders and Yves for having a great RDCCC season. Have seen a lot of action and good races when trying to follow the front drivers.

Practice:

Start practice this week without Force Feedback. After reinstalling GTR2 my G27 was without it and it felt much better in GTR2 to handle a car like it suppose to do.
So i set race07 Force Feedback OFF. When starting on this track i could do 1:40 and without Force Feedback i went into the 1:35xx so much better, and also easier driving. (also had some other public races in which i think my cars where better to drive)

Qualifiyng. 13 th place.
Warmup. a bit faster.

Race: In the beginning a small incident causing Eric and me to start over again. (no problem Eric)
Needed a couple of laps to find my rhythm again, once i had it i could go for Norman and Ethan chased by Eric.
After a while i was in front of Norman and Ethan, and i could gain some time on Eric which i really needed to drive relaxed.

In about the middel of the race Eric was closing in and we had a couple of rounds Eric 1-2 seconds behind, both staying away when
getting lapped by the top 4/5.
Then i lost my concentration a bit and went of in the downhill chicane, and Eric could easily pass me and made a gap of 2-3 seconds
Eric went for a pit, and i decided to go for it hoping i could get in front of him after my pit.
unluckely i had a very long pitstop and Eric was off 22 seconds so i couldnt close the gap anymore.

Eric, thx for the good race and i would have pushed you over the line when you waiting for me.

Finishing overall 13th in this league im pretty satisfied. Less rounds on my trouser. (sorry dutch expression)

So looking forward to next season. (in a specially build setup, no FFB, bigger wheel, double brakepads and hopefully a better chair. not a one i can turn in)

Thanks to all who were involved in making this mod possible,it brought me a lot of fun and excitement,
More than i thought after round 1,with the fuel comsuption.
Great championship,hope there will be another season with these cars.
Thx RD and Yves for for their time and servers.
Cheers

Had no practise due to differend reasons(working overtime,real live issues ect).
So finding myself in 7th(?) spot after qually was maybe a bit dissapointing but no real surprise.
Probebly had the worsed setup i had all season,but thats what you'll get with no practise.

Race went reasonebly ok,still managed to smack my car into the wall at the pit entrence(didnt practise that one either,lol),wich costed me a lot of time.
Luckely for me gary's mistake costed him more time so i was still ahead of him after the pitstop,and i could hang on to that untill the finish.
At the end 5th place(if only just) is probbebly more than i could hope for so i'm pretty happy with that.

Congrats to the podium and to the Champion.

Hope to see you all in another Camaro cup Championship.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play