RD Rally Club - Monte Carlo Slip-ups - R5 - 27th to 30th January 2020

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium

image-jpg.315496

Livery by @Sim Vansevenant can be found here
Just when the buzz of the real Rally Monte Carlo are over, it's time to do RaceDepartments version of it. Shorter, and solely with R5 cars, but just as slippery!
To participate in the event, you have to be a member of RaceDepartment, and be a part of the Racedepartment club on RaceNet. Click Here to Join. This club is cross-platform, so you can join from Steam, PS4 and xBox. Sadly Oculus Store users cannot join.

Cars: R5
Itinerary

8yNWqUS.png

Note the services - you will need take those in to account with regards to tyre-choices!

Session Open:
27th Jan 00:00 GMT to 30th Jan 23:59 GMT.

Assists: Allowed
Forced Cockpit: No!
Hardcore Damage: No!
Unexpected Moments: Yes!
DLC's Needed: Season 1+2 OR Monte Carlo standalone

Did the first loop with asphalt tires, and spun twice on the asphalt... And hit a solid guardrail with some people behind, giving me an auto-reset. But on the final 4 stages it went a lot better, I took snow tires for those. Do not know what would have been faster for me there, though :geek:

I did a trial run. Asphalt tyres were great on stage 1, mostly OK on stage 2, and a total horrific disaster on stage 3. I think the latter stages were pretty much winter-tyre stages too, given that you only get to choose tyres at stage 4 and 7...
Have now run the first loop for real, setting a rather slow time! :D

ouch, was slowest of the ones not DQed and already making mental notes for press conference after finish when I hit an ice patch towards the end of the second to last stage and - poof - over the wall into the forest, a classic Tännak. Over and out. Enjoyed the stages a lot, haven't really had time to play them since I bought them some months back, brought back some Dirt Rally memories.

Darn, I better get on with finishing the rally! Ooops...

Btw, I'm confused about the DLC rules with this flipping game: I bought "DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition". Does anyone know if this means I get all the DLC that has been released so far?

Finished!
Was slow, slow, slow just about everywhere, but then bizarrely I got a green split on the last stage(!!). Does this mean I had the fastest time for that split? :O_o: Very confused now, cos I was mostly losing 3-6 seconds per split, LOL.
And yeah, the stages did remind me just a wee bit of the DR1 stages... :whistling:

Green split means faster split than the guy that set the fastest stage time so far.
The stages in DR2.0 ARE the stages from DR1, just reworked!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back