RD Rally Club - Icy Issues - Gr.B RWD at Monte Carlo - 6th to 9th April 2020

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Germany_037_2_A.jpg

After taking a trip to Scotland and visiting some classic McRae stages and for some, in a classical McRae car, it is time to move back to the tricky mountains of Rally Monte Carlo, a place where McRae never won, but came close more than once. To make things worse, we bring out the Group B RWD cars for the first time in the DiRT Rally 2.0 clubs history.
To participate in the event, you have to be a member of RaceDepartment, and be a part of the Racedepartment club on RaceNet. Click Here to Join. This club is cross-platform, so you can join from Steam, PS4 and xBox. Sadly Oculus Store users cannot join.

Cars: Group B RWD
Itinerary

ctqsw6U.png

Session Open: 6th Apr 00:00 GMT to 9th Apr 23:59 GMT.

Assists: Allowed
Forced Cockpit: No!
Hardcore Damage: No!
Unexpected Moments: Yes!
DLC's Needed: Monte Carlo and at least one Gr.B RWD car. If you have the old Season 1+2 you have it

Is anyone able to explain Unexpected Moments: Yes! ?

I've tried googling it, but there's nothing especially helpful.

Is it the deer running across the road, etc?

Or is it the co-driver you want to run over when he gives you a rubbish call? eg. the new Scottish stage (Annbank Station Reverse?) where you have take the junction to the left at "3" and you blow completely through it because the call is too high and 3 milliseconds before you get to the corner doing 100mph?

The unexpected moments are things like the AI-cars that have retired along the roadside, or the drone that flies just above your roof. I can't say I've encountered this when driving online, though.

That Y on the other direction is a nightmare, it's very easy to hit the right rear quarter on a rock under heavy rain with a tail happy car. The call for the very last "hairpin" (a tight 2, maybe?) on Annbank Station Reverse also comes extremely late, after you do the previous section flat or near flat out and you only see a mountain wall on your front under lower visibility conditions. There's also all of those tight hairpin pairs on two stages without any warning for dips outside on the uppermost turn, etc...

Last edited:
The unexpected moments are things like the AI-cars that have retired along the roadside, or the drone that flies just above your roof. I can't say I've encountered this when driving online, though.

Yup, this is what it's supposed to be. I have noticed the drones online, but that's basically it.
Granted, some of the positions of retired cars are not very helpful, and in an online environment that would be unfair to get. But that is the general idea behind it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back